Wild Life {Unreleased DCC}

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Feromount

Re: Wild Life {Unreleased DCC}

Post by Feromount »

alphabeatles wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:38 pm I was comparing these DCC to the official remastered releases and the latter suffer from too much noise reduction. I also read this somewhere (SHF?).

So it's nice to have various versions to choose from, especially when newer does not always mean better.
I am a casual listener but even I can tell the noise reduction in a few tracks (most notably Bip Bop).

Agree that it's always great to have these to compare though, especially since I think the DCC releases are, to my ears, the "purest" versions of these songs, without the nasty problems that plague the 93 remasters or the sometimes shoddy quality control in the new releases.
ianbuckers

Post by ianbuckers »

Feromount wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:29 am
alphabeatles wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:38 pm I was comparing these DCC to the official remastered releases and the latter suffer from too much noise reduction. I also read this somewhere (SHF?).

So it's nice to have various versions to choose from, especially when newer does not always mean better.
I am a casual listener but even I can tell the noise reduction in a few tracks (most notably Bip Bop).

Agree that it's always great to have these to compare though, especially since I think the DCC releases are, to my ears, the "purest" versions of these songs, without the nasty problems that plague the 93 remasters or the sometimes shoddy quality control in the new releases.
"I can tell the noise reduction in a few tracks"

On which version do you mean?
Feromount

Post by Feromount »

2018 Remaster, the version on streaming at least.
Jay

Post by Jay »

Feromount wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:42 am

2018 Remaster, the version on streaming at least.
Yes, the noise reduction is quite noticeable on "Bip Bop". You can actually hear hiss fading in during the intro.

The 2018 master has other problems too. The title track has been narrowed, and worst of all there's a horrible glitch at the end of "Love Is Strange" which completely alters the final drum fill, making it 1/8 beat longer than it should be!
blurgoston

Post by blurgoston »

Any chance for a reup? Link expired.
MrP

Post by MrP »

blurgoston

Post by blurgoston »

MrP wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:25 pm Wild Life [Unreleased DCC]
https://dereferer.me/?ohK-ez63NJ8RVgGvx ... 9mADd_OWb8