csnyfan's projects

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
csnyfan

Re: csnyfan's projects

Post by csnyfan »

margal wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:15 pm Can somebody explane to me what is csnyfan's projects?Cant remamber anything from BZ.Thanks
It's just a thread for the remixes and restoration projects that I create. ;)
margal

Post by margal »

Thank you
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

Notecnirp wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:07 am
MrP wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:24 am Helter Skelter [Take 21 - mixed like take 17 from the SDE Live Backing Track + Lead Vocal] (csnyfan)
https://dereferer.me/?https%3A//wetrans ... 121/043e8b

White Album Fun! V.2 (2021) [csnyfan]
https://dereferer.me/?https%3A//wetrans ... 156/acedc9
Thank you MrP, sir, for the re up of this fab set.

Thank you csnyfan, for the generousity, for your love to these beatles tracks, and for your excellent work.
thanks for the reup.
I was waiting for a V3 of "White Fun!", because Helter Skelter (what an amazing mix!) is not in the folder; but it's a bonus track; that's it ?
The Milky Bar Kid

Post by The Milky Bar Kid »

The Milky Bar Kid wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:45 am I downloaded your "Got To Get You Into My Life" remix. Can't seem to find it. Can you post that one again?
I found it and here it is - you used the mono version for this one.

13. Got To Get You Into My Life [2020 Stereo Remix]
hxxps://we.tl/t-taWldrsJdS

This remix is not bad (but not fantastic, all the same). Elements from the split brass bounce from left to right a bit too much at times, though, to give this a 10 out of 10 score! (I'll take off 1.966, so the track gets 8.034 out of 10).

Stripping away 100% of the brass and then highlighting the guitar/s (as captured by the mic used for the drums) could make a good mix. There is supposed to be an acetate with the "GTGYIML" mix as it was before the guitars were wiped off the multi-tracks (and replaced by the brass). A fan-made facsimile of that, if possible, would be a worthwhile thing to make (and to have a listen to).
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

currently uploading - was posted and shared by csnyfan at bootlegzone... : hxxps://we.tl/t-JN29elGfom

this was perhaps a project unfinshed of All Things Must Pass tracks :
(Art Of Dying is a great stereo mix - I don't know what source csnyfan you used perhaps Strawberry records's "Songs For Patti" ?)

All Things Must Pass ... Naked! (2019) csnyfan

03 Balld Of Sir Frankie Crisp (Let It Roll) [2019 Remix].flac
04 Awaiting on You All [2019 Remix].flac
15 My Sweet Lord [early stereo remix].flac
99 Art Of Dying [take 9, early stereo remix].flac

I have also added the great remaster you've done of the radio broadcast generously shared at BZ which had a different mix of "Far East Man" (one of my all time favorite song), Ron Wood's version, but with a vocal line sung by George Harrison!
I still can't decide which version I like best : the so-cool slide-guitar version on Ron Wood's album or the keyboard/horns with the message to Frank Sinatra on the intro on George's album :

Far East Man (Early Mix with vocal line by George Harrison) [by csnyfan].flac
billybudapest

Post by billybudapest »

I must give props to Wild Honey Pie. Well done. It's gonna be my fab fav for a while!
csnyfan

Post by csnyfan »

The Milky Bar Kid wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:05 am
The Milky Bar Kid wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:45 am I downloaded your "Got To Get You Into My Life" remix. Can't seem to find it. Can you post that one again?
I found it and here it is - you used the mono version for this one.

13. Got To Get You Into My Life [2020 Stereo Remix]
hxxps://we.tl/t-taWldrsJdS

This remix is not bad (but not fantastic, all the same). Elements from the split brass bounce from left to right a bit too much at times, though, to give this a 10 out of 10 score! (I'll take off 1.966, so the track gets 8.034 out of 10).

Stripping away 100% of the brass and then highlighting the guitar/s (as captured by the mic used for the drums) could make a good mix. There is supposed to be an acetate with the "GTGYIML" mix as it was before the guitars were wiped off the multi-tracks (and replaced by the brass). A fan-made facsimile of that, if possible, would be a worthwhile thing to make (and to have a listen to).
Most of it is from the stereo mix, the mono mix is only used for the extended coda. The brass is available in stereo only for the first minute or so from anthology dvd, so the remainder was split up with AI, and wobbles a bit. Not possible to boost the guitars, I'm afraid. Let's hope for the acetate!
Hannibal Starr

Post by Hannibal Starr »

Hi Everybody
Any Chance to get Csnyfans Whithe album Fun Vol.1 ?
Thanks in advance
Gopala Krishna

Post by Gopala Krishna »

csnyfan wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:30 am Here's a new remix of "Awaiting on You All", based on the 7.1 tracks with help from the multitrack dub. The 2020 mix curiously dulled the vocal with a sharp notch at 3kHz and a strong treble cut that was not present on the 1970 mix - I have undone that. The guitars carry most echo on the 2020 mix, but I managed to remove it by using the multitrack dub as a spectral template. By flipping the two rhythm guitars in the stereo field, I brought out the descending organ notes before the verses that were previously drowned by the descending guitar line. So now we have the cleanest mix of this track to date, with excellent dynamics and fidelity, while still maintaining a grand soundscape.

hxxps://we.tl/t-0MQ33SFM8W
Brilliant. As always; thank you.

This is what I truly wanted out of the 2020 remix.
csnyfan

Post by csnyfan »

Hannibal Starr wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:01 am Hi Everybody
Any Chance to get Csnyfans Whithe album Fun Vol.1 ?
Thanks in advance
There's no volume 1, just version 1, which has been superseded by version 2.