csnyfan's projects

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
ruedabeat

Re: csnyfan's projects

Post by ruedabeat »

Rupert Pupkin wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:36 am thank you so much for this amazing mix csnyfan.

just for fun and the pleasure of listening to the complete track; is it possible for you to create a mix of "Tomorrow Never Knows" with the complete piano ending ? just as if the end with totally unfaded; like your "cold-ish end mix" (While My Guitar Gently Weeps for instance...)
Take a look at this: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5360 (TOMORROW NEVER KNOWS w/Complete ending)

As part of an upcoming project I´m working on, this is a Mono Mix of TNK Long Pianola Ending with No ADT. hxxps://we.tl/t-FEr2C2ZwfG
csnyfan

Post by csnyfan »

Re-up with a brand new track in bold! Clean for the first time. I noticed that Rockband had the bass stem inverted to the rest, and after realizing and fixing that, it became usable. Enjoy!
Revolver Companion
by csnyfan, January 2023

1966-04-22 Tomorrow Never Knows [Take 3 - Track 3 Jangle Piano]
Source: SDE (RM8, Atmos), CV RS, Anthology DVD offline mix
While Abbey Road's Jangle Piano did not make it to the final mixes of 'Paperback Writer' and 'A Day in the Life', it can be heard on the very end of Tomorrow Never Knows. Track 3 also contains the guitar solo, organ notes, a clean vocal and tambourine.

1966-04-26 And Your Bird Can Sing [Take 10 - Track 3 Vocal Overdub]
Source: SDE (Atmos), RB
Dry and complete vocals for the master take. The Atmos mix appears to have a tape wobble at 0:15 (the first 'me'), which I've left in for now.

1966-04-28 I'm Only Sleeping [Take 11 - Live Basic Track]
Source: SDE (Atmos, RM1), CV RS, Anthology DVD 5.1
In addition to a recorded rehearsal, two separate sessions produced attempts at backing tracks for this song. One with live vocals (1-5), the other purely instrumental (1-11, no 10). Take 5 as found on the SDE and the master take 11 both come from the instrumental session. Documentation is contradicting and sparse, but the instrumental session likely came later, perhaps in the early morning hours of the 28th. The performance was apparently more rehearsed compared to the vocal takes and they were experimenting with varispeed at that point. Take 5 is played in E minor in standard tuning, with the intent of slowing the recording down a semitone to E flat minor in the end. For take 11, they went all out to get the dreamy sound of the backing track: With a capo on the second fret, they played the same chords as in take 5. For the released mix, the tape was slowed down by 3 semitones to E flat minor. Aligning the pitch of the cymbals of take 5 and 11 revealed the original speed take 11 was played at.
+17,080

1966-05-09 For No One [Take 10 - Live Basic Track]
Source: SDE
Stereo mix of tracks 2 (piano) & 3 (drums) only. Remixed from the SDE to remove tracks 1 (clavichord, maracas & hi-hat) as well as track bleed of 4 (vocal) from the intro. Patches the bad edit between two different transfers and mixes with different panning at 0:15.

1966-05-26 Yellow Submarine [Take 4 - Live Basic Track]
Source: SDE (5.1, Take 4), Rockband, Yellow Submarine Bluray 5.1
Reconstructed from several sources for the complete basic take at its correct speed, without intrusive vocal overdubs.

1966-06-01 Yellow Submarine [Abbey Road Sound Effects Tape Vol 46 - Le Rêve Passe]
Source: Revolver - Painting in Sound (hosted by Kevin Howlett)
Unedited and in stereo, voiceover removed. First in its original key of B flat, then slowed down four semitones to G flat as heard on the record.
hxxps://we.tl/t-mliIJG3FfL

PS: I have yet another basic track in the works...
zappaf78

Post by zappaf78 »

Many thanks csnyfan, the live take of YS sounds amazing! I cannot wait to see what this second volume of collection would be!
Ants

Post by Ants »

I second that: it sounds great!
The Rock Band stems don't have it in full (the penultimate verse is missing from them, and the drums track has another instrument on top of them, probably timpani).
Hearing for the first time how it really is... well, I'm extremely happy. :D
Alessandro Rocchi

Post by Alessandro Rocchi »

Thank you very much, Csnyfan! :ugeek:
Ale.
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME - Thank you.
ruedabeat

Post by ruedabeat »

csnyfan wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:54 pm Re-up with a brand new track in bold! Clean for the first time. I noticed that Rockband had the bass stem inverted to the rest, and after realizing and fixing that, it became usable. Enjoy!
Revolver Companion
by csnyfan, January 2023

1966-05-09 For No One [Take 10 - Live Basic Track]
Source: SDE
Stereo mix of tracks 2 (piano) & 3 (drums) only. Remixed from the SDE to remove tracks 1 (clavichord, maracas & hi-hat) as well as track bleed of 4 (vocal) from the intro. Patches the bad edit between two different transfers and mixes with different panning at 0:15.
That´s the real Live Take 10, as heard in the Monitor mixes. Sounds Great!
Thanks a lot !
ntwined88

Post by ntwined88 »

Thanks, csnyfan, Fantastic!
t'Would be great to have all of these in one long growing list so I wouldn't always feel like I missed an update amongst all the accolades and discussion :( :D
hallucalation

Post by hallucalation »

Sounds great! I'm assuming additional track in the work is Good Day Sunshine?
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

have just listened to your live basic track mis of "Yellow Submarine". :o Wow! I tend to think now that you can create some Beatles rarities almost from scratch.
Amazing!