csnyfan's projects

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Tex

Re: csnyfan's projects

Post by Tex »

My Windows desktop is covered with all these wonderful files and folders. First World problems! :lol:
Alessandro Rocchi

Post by Alessandro Rocchi »

I'm speechless, CSNYFan, I can't thank you enough for your new mixes! :geek:
Ale.
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

thank you so much for this amazing mix csnyfan.

just for fun and the pleasure of listening to the complete track; is it possible for you to create a mix of "Tomorrow Never Knows" with the complete piano ending ? just as if the end with totally unfaded; like your "cold-ish end mix" (While My Guitar Gently Weeps for instance...)
beatles2me

Post by beatles2me »

Thank you :mrgreen: Volker
harrylime

Post by harrylime »

Rupert Pupkin wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:36 am thank you so much for this amazing mix csnyfan.

just for fun and the pleasure of listening to the complete track; is it possible for you to create a mix of "Tomorrow Never Knows" with the complete piano ending ? just as if the end with totally unfaded; like your "cold-ish end mix" (While My Guitar Gently Weeps for instance...)
Isn't that on (F)ABRACADABRA already?
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

harrylime wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:55 am
Rupert Pupkin wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:36 am thank you so much for this amazing mix csnyfan.

Isn't that on (F)ABRACADABRA already?
I'm don't think so; I've listened during Xmas the last update of FABRACADABRA which covers the Revolver era. Not with the piano which last as long as the fragment mix csnyfan just shared here. From what I read from Lord Reith's posts, he is not a fan of the piano ending.
I kind of like it. I think that is kind of the beginning of a lot of songs which will end like that. It comes to my mind for instance the piano ending (which is great because of its strangeness) of Magical Mystery Tour.

I don't have the skill to makes such mix properly.
All I want is the complete ending as csnyfan just shared it with the complete piano until the end; it's just for listening pleasure to listen to a longer Tomorrow Never Knows (like it is unfaded).
If csnyfan, you, could post such mix that would be great.
Last edited by Rupert Pupkin on Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I didn't extend the piano on my TNK mix. It was just meant to be an alternate mix of the cv.

I wait with great expectation for csny's extraction of the loops track by itself. This is another one to go onto the ever-expanding track list of Too Bleedin' Obvious: The Songs That Shoulda Been On The SDE Sets And Aint.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
harrylime

Post by harrylime »

Rupert Pupkin wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:17 pm I'm don't think so; I've listened during Xmas the last update of FABRACADABRA which covers the Revolver era. Not with the piano which last as long as the fragment mix csnyfan just shared here. From what I read from Lord Reith's posts, he is not a fan of the piano ending.
I kind of like it. I think that is kind of the beginning of a lot of songs which will end like that. It comes to my mind for instance the piano ending (which is great because of its strangeness) of Magical Mystery Tour.
I see what you mean now, I forgot about the trailing part that's discussed in the Anthology documentary. I agree, that would be nice to have in a complete mix of the song.
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

Thanks csnyfan !
Yellowsubmarine

Post by Yellowsubmarine »

csnyfan wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:53 pm Be careful, you can't unhear this! :!: :shock:

1966-04-28 I'm Only Sleeping [Take 11 Live Backing Track]
Source: SDE (Atmos, RM1), CV, Anthology DVD 5.1
In addition to a recorded rehearsal, two separate sessions produced attempts at backing tracks for this song. One with live vocals (1-5), the other purely instrumental (1-11, no 10). Take 5 as found on the SDE and the master take 11 both come from the instrumental session. Documentation is contradicting and sparse, but the instrumental session likely came later, perhaps in the early morning hours of the 28th. The performance was apparently more rehearsed compared to the vocal takes and they were experimenting with varispeed at that point. Take 5 is played in E minor in standard tuning, with the intent of slowing the recording down a semitone to E flat minor in the end. For take 11, they went all out to get the dreamy sound of the backing track: With a capo on the second fret, they played the same chords as in take 5. For the released mix, the tape was slowed down by 3 semitones to E flat minor. Aligning the pitch of the cymbals of take 5 and 11 revealed the original speed take 11 was played at.

hxxps://we.tl/t-JGJDysuYDy
Please, re-up! Thanks in advance!