Complete Capitol Masters (mono & stereo)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
powerPC

Re: Complete Capitol Masters (mono & stereo)

Post by powerPC »

mojofilter wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 2:04 am THE BEATLES
COMPLETE CAPITOL MASTERS
US Albums in stereo & mono

I got these in a mail trade in 1999. The artwork that came with the discs varied between inkjet on paper and laserjet on glossy paper. I had no files, though. Some of the covers say (p) 1996, so I figure that's when it appeared. I haven't seen it traded anywhere since. Each of the discs is tagged, with embedded images of the LP front covers for both mono and stereo albums.

Part 1: hxxps://we.tl/t-fzzhw9Gse0
- Meet The Beatles, Second Album, A Hard Day's Night, Something New
Part 2: hxxps://we.tl/t-N1Gfnj5jrB
- The Beatles Story (stereo), Beatles '65, The Early Beatles, Beatles VI
Part 3: hxxps://we.tl/t-RJBaGA8Yjd
- Help! (US), Rubber Soul (US), Yesterday And Today, Revolver (US), The Beatles Again/Hey Jude, At The Hwd Bowl, Love Songs, US Rarities.

They appear not to have done a Sgt. Pepper, MMT, White, Abbey Road, Let It Be, 62-66. 67-70 or Rock 'n' Roll Music. Or the trader didn't have them, I don't know. If you have this set and those titles are in it, we'd be pleased if you could help to fill out the set. Thanks in advance.

Links good seven days.
Enjoy!
Great share mojofilter, thank you!! i remember a set like this floating around back in the late 90's... good memories! 8-)
—Keith
rhino

Post by rhino »

Thank you mojofilter
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Although a year behind Europe, I believe Introducing The Beatles only beat Meet The Beatles by ten days. Somehow, Capitol secured passage to the front of the line in a merchandiser's dream while re-inventing the word 'lucrative'. Thanks to Capitol, the whole first half of The Beatles active career was made to seem much more exciting (for America) by simply shortening the length of the LP, which gave more groove width and depth which allows for more reverb(?) and possibly production efficiency. The policy would also call for singles to be sold first as singles and then a second time by including them on albums. U.S. albums were targeting a shorter attention span and with well-designed track lists for two halves of excitable tension. The result? Retail greatness of more LPs and selling same songs twice and three times. More exposure and more airplay and more revenue and more psychology. The 'flow' seemed to have been a Pavlovian conditioning exercise which worked better than hoped for. HELP(the song) doesn't sound right without the James Bond Theme Intro. And Capitol took a beating on the Butcher Cover? Nobody believes me but I say that it's much more likely that Capitol shipped the Yesterday And Today albums with two covers on and the rest was just press officer dexterity. Only in America!
Plastic people...Oh baby, now.
Revenueville!
Lose money?
That's no way to start a Beatles picnic.
Thank you, mojofilter!
KC
CostaRica2022

Post by CostaRica2022 »

In case no one else has mentioned it, looks like one of the boots was released on Quarter Apple. 'Capitol Masters - Hey Jude - The Beatles At The Hollywood Bowl' (CD) is posted as CPCS 106 from Japan (1999). It also appears it's the only volume they released. If anyone else can share more info, links, etc. relating to this interesting set, it would be greatly appreciated. There are also similar versions on DAP. Thanks for the files.
mojofilter

Post by mojofilter »

Hey, it occurs to me that two people on this board who might know something about this set are Belmo and Doug. Perhaps if anyone knows them, please ask them to have a look at this thread and leave a comment if they have any info. They were both reviewing this material at the time when CCM were released.
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
Nairb1956

Post by Nairb1956 »

These are amazing! Growing up in New York City in the late 1950's and 1960's, the Capitol releases were how American kids heard the Beatles from the beginning. At the same time that Meet the Beatles was released in January 1964, VeeJay records released an album "Introducing The Beatles." My Dad picked up both albums for me on his way home from work. The VJ album had 11 of the 14 tracks of "Please Please Me," so the subtitle of MTB "the first album by England's Pop Combo" was confusing to say the least.
I haven't had these albums since the mid 1970's. Yes, Capitol has in fact released all of previously mentioned albums. As a matter of fact, Capitol's MMT was issued a few years before the UK.
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

Nairb1956 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:22 am As a matter of fact, Capitol's MMT was issued a few years before the UK.
Days not years...

MMT was released in NorthAmerica (and that includes Canada) on November 27, 1967 and contained the original UK EP + some singles. A mono and a stereo versions were released by Capitol.

MMT was released as an EP in the UK and the ROW (except North America) on December 8, 1967. A mono and a stereo versions were released by Parlophone.
Yves
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

yymca6 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 2:11 pm
Nairb1956 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:22 am As a matter of fact, Capitol's MMT was issued a few years before the UK.
Days not years...

MMT was released in NorthAmerica (and that includes Canada) on November 27, 1967 and contained the original UK EP + some singles. A mono and a stereo versions were released by Capitol.

MMT was released as an EP in the UK and the ROW (except North America) on December 8, 1967. A mono and a stereo versions were released by Parlophone.
I this he maybe meant that the Capitol LP release would later be adopted as the standard version of MMT as opposed to the EP as originally released in the UK.
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

cliftdean74 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 7:01 pm
yymca6 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 2:11 pm
Days not years...

I this he maybe meant that the Capitol LP release would later be adopted as the standard version of MMT as opposed to the EP as originally released in the UK.
I guess if he's America. I am Canadian so I had initially the Capitol LP but I was lucky enough to receive a UK stereo EP as a present (by a nice looking French girl who was living in New Caledonia.

But the first true stereo version was AFAIK the German Electrola version or this one "Magical Mystery Tour And Other Splendid Hits (1970, World Record Club LP in 24 bit 44,1kHz)"
Yves