The Rutles - Sgt. Rutter's Only Darts Club Band: Definitive Edition (2021)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
JPM7756

Re: The Rutles - Sgt. Rutter's Only Darts Club Band: Definitive Edition (2021)

Post by JPM7756 »

Thank you. I can't wait to give this a listen.
reign256

Post by reign256 »

Always love your work and it's nice seeing you here! Any chance of you making more "remasterings" of your old rutles albums?
Rewi

Post by Rewi »

Thank you very much, I'll give this one a listen.
TheLazenby

Post by TheLazenby »

I wouldn't mind redoing "A Hard Day's Rut" in stereo at some point - well, stereo as much as I can (a few Flames tracks on there were mono).
Josh

Post by Josh »

Great job on this. I'd love to hear some more remixed/remastered Rutles material.
datters

Post by datters »

Fab! Thank you!
Auran

Post by Auran »

Hey Lazenby. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the sounds from the beginning of the Major Happy's reprise? The instrument fiddling, the count-in, the crowd noise and all that?
TheLazenby

Post by TheLazenby »

The bit at the beginning (with Barry's count-in) is from the 1978 rehearsal tape... I want to say he was counting in "Now She's Left You"? (EDIT: Yes. Slowed down to match the tempo of 'Major Happy.')

The crowd sounds are the same as the Beatles used, taken from the 'Sgt Pepper: The Massed Alberts Edition' boot.
Rewi

Post by Rewi »

Josh wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:17 pm Great job on this. I'd love to hear some more remixed/remastered Rutles material.
Do you know this one then?
It is a take on the LOVE album and pretty well made!

www.rutleslunch.net/

Here is the background story of LUNCH (taken from the website):

The Show
A Pre-History
Time Goes By, As We All Know

In the nearly 40 years since The Prefab Four - The Rutles - released their final album, "Shabby Road", the world has probably changed.

Men walked on the moon and then gave it up, finding that they could bounce higher and faster on backyard trampolines. The Soviet Bloc toppled like dominoes...except that, with Communism being inherently classless, the dominoes were all unnumbered. The recording industry, always a numbers game, stunningly found itself unable to go truly digital - where only 2 numbers are required.

Never ones to celebrate anniversaries, The Rutles are back because, well, why not?
Between Us

Ron Nasty, after turning his back on the world, thought better of it and turned his front on the world. This decision was widely applauded. He has not been heard from since a sudden attack of performance anxiety.

Dirk McQuickly toured with The Punk Floyd until the early 80s, before turning to a solo career. A short-lived friendship and collaboration with former child star/director Ron Howard soured after Howard bought the rights to all of The Rutles' movies, and in the late 90s Dirk's troubles only worsened following his re-marriage to a headless mannequin.

Conversely, Barry Wom has enjoyed great success as a businessman. He now owns four hair salons, and gives moptop haircuts to fans and customers alike every summer.

Stig O'Hara's stint with Air India brought him around the world, though over time he took fewer flights. A friendship with other airline professionals led to the formation of a new group they called Travelways Buslines. There was already a bus company called Travelways in Canada, however, so they abandoned the effort after only two chartered trips. Stig was forced to take an early retirement in 2001.
Life Is The Meaning Of Love

During a layover between flights in 2000, Stig befriended the founder of renowned square dancing troupe Circle of Hay. Over beers in the Concourse bar, they discussed the idea of doing a new show using Rutles music but lost touch after Stig's retirement. With the blessings of Dirk and Barry, who were easily reached, work began on recombining classic Rutle tracks in ways that could support a show and give this semi-legendary band another lunchtime.

They made the Sixties what they are today, and we hope we have helped make them that again.

The Circle of Hay/Rutles collaborative production of LUNCH ran for 3 shows at Tulsa's Central Community Center, February 29-31 2010
TheLazenby

Post by TheLazenby »

Due to the vultures at Beatfile selling copies of this, you will never see me post this again - nor will I be doing a further Rutles project.

Yes, I'm aware Beatfile sources from this forum, so all the more reason not to.