The Rutles - Sgt. Rutter's Only Darts Club Band: Definitive Edition (2021)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Bazilnerk

Re: The Rutles - Sgt. Rutter's Only Darts Club Band: Definitive Edition (2021)

Post by Bazilnerk »

Annoying as this is, and I totally respect your decision, if something is posted on a public forum, it is therefore available for anyone to do as they want with it. Lord Reith's work has been copied constantly.

But at the end of the day, none of this material belongs to us. It belongs to the copyright holder, so getting cross about it and withdrawing the download is, in my opinion, counterproductive.

Best way to get your own back on Beatfile? - Keep it available so that anybody who wants it can get it and therefore doesn't buy it. And anybody who does buy it, more fool them.

There is always somebody greedy out there who will take their chances with what they can get for free i'm afraid. At the end of the day it's what bootleggers have done for years and without bootleggers would any of us actually be on this forum.

Just my opinion.
AlexFloyd

Post by AlexFloyd »

Bazilnerk wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:49 pm Annoying as this is, and I totally respect your decision, if something is posted on a public forum, it is therefore available for anyone to do as they want with it. Lord Reith's work has been copied constantly.

But at the end of the day, none of this material belongs to us. It belongs to the copyright holder, so getting cross about it and withdrawing the download is, in my opinion, counterproductive.

Best way to get your own back on Beatfile? - Keep it available so that anybody who wants it can get it and therefore doesn't buy it. And anybody who does buy it, more fool them.

There is always somebody greedy out there who will take their chances with what they can get for free i'm afraid. At the end of the day it's what bootleggers have done for years and without bootleggers would any of us actually be on this forum.

Just my opinion.
Totally agree, Also, this is how bootlegs are liberated.
Just my opinion too.
TheLazenby

Post by TheLazenby »

You do have a point - about keeping it available so no one has a reason to buy it.

I'd do that, but yeah, after this, I don't see me posting any further projects here.
JPM7756

Post by JPM7756 »

How about just sharing by a pm? Like invitation only. Your work is appreciated.
mitchellmichael

Post by mitchellmichael »

JPM7756 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:24 pm How about just sharing by a pm? Like invitation only. Your work is appreciated.
Even sharing via PM though could cause leaks. He doesn't know us and we may be one of the people supplying these people with his work. I get it.
Cheers
Mike