The most exhaustive chronology possible of The Beatles and post-Beatles

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
GillesBonmati

Re: The most exhaustive chronology possible of The Beatles and post-Beatles

Post by GillesBonmati »

Johnny Kidd Fan Club wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:40 am Great work Gilles
Small correction - entry for December 3 1962 - The Beatles did not appear on Discs A Gogo.
I can't give you the page number but this is mentioned in Mark Lewisohn's epic. No reason is known for their non-appearance, it must have been cancelled well ahead of time because the Fabs aren't mentioned in Television Weekly which was the magazine that listed TWW shows. TWW = Tele West and Wales which was the independent TV channel covering Wales and parts of the south west of the UK including Bristol (home of your's truly The Johnny Kidd Fan Club).
Mark L. reports that the music press continued to mention the Fabs would be on the show - clearly they had not been updated by TWW.
By the way, the guests who did appear on that day's show were The Mudlarks, Joyce Blair, Tony Osborne and the brilliant Johnny Kidd, likely with The Pirates miming or playing A Shot Of Rhythm and Blues.
Thank you very much for this clarification, this is EXACTLY why I dared to broadcast my humble work! Of course I will correct! Thanks again to you :)
GillesBonmati

Post by GillesBonmati »

djdomato wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:08 pm Great job, I'm going to use it as a catalog to mark what I have and I can be clear about what I'm missing. Thank you so much.
I'm happy for you :)
jackb

Post by jackb »

Feb. 10, 1962: what is Seederman's chronology?
jackb

Post by jackb »

Based on Lewisohn's book (at least I think that was my source), I've placed the Cavern rehearsal tape at Dec. 5 or 7, 1962, not October 1962.

Jack
GillesBonmati

Post by GillesBonmati »

jackb wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:05 pm Feb. 10, 1962: what is Seederman's chronology?
"Seederman's simple chronology 1962-2017", It is a set of 12 DVDs which includes promo videos, concerts, television appearances, interviews, commercials, movie trailers, etc...... between 1962 and the end of 2017 This set is obviously a pirate.... I had found it thanks to BZ..., But on the net, I can't find anything to tell you more about it..... sorry!
GillesBonmati

Post by GillesBonmati »

jackb wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:24 pm Based on Lewisohn's book (at least I think that was my source), I've placed the Cavern rehearsal tape at Dec. 5 or 7, 1962, not October 1962.

Jack
Thanks for the information ! :) I was basing myself on "Way behond compare" by J.C.Winn. It's ok, I'll take a closer look! THANKS :) !!
jackb

Post by jackb »

Well I actually don't think anyone really knows when some recordings were made. You're work is very impressive and thanks for sharing.

Jack
jackb

Post by jackb »

I should have said your work is extremely impressive. I'm sure you're continuing to spend much time on your project(s) and again, thanks for sharing. Jack
GillesBonmati

Post by GillesBonmati »

jackb wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:12 am I should have said your work is extremely impressive. I'm sure you're continuing to spend much time on your project(s) and again, thanks for sharing. Jack
Thanks Jack, that's very kind. I know that when you are passionate, you don't stop, so I will continue of course ;)
MUR

Post by MUR »

One question. In the table, 'Off The Ground The Complete Works' official release is not mentioned at all. Is it because you didn't want to target all official releases, only 'main' ones? And/or didn't set the goal to duplicate the information collected on discogs.com ?
Searching hard for missing Silent Hills, Non Plus Ultra, WWII, Xavel, Shakuntala sets, fresh Misterclaudel/Valkyrie/Piccadilly.
Also searching hard for FAB CD / DVD releases (solo ones are priority). Ready to trade FAB DVDs with those who trades.