The Martin Mix

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
pumma4

The Martin Mix

Post by pumma4 »

ive never posted this one before but ive seen it posted on here in the past..so in a way this is a re up..this title has alot of special memories for me..its the very first bootleg i ever owned..got it back in 1989 for $30..

Front.jpg
Front.jpg (168.7 KiB) Viewed 1357 times
Back.jpg
Back.jpg (500.43 KiB) Viewed 1357 times
hxxps://fromsmash.com/_Ha1ESx-fC-ft
CostaRica2022

Re: The Martin Mix

Post by CostaRica2022 »

Thank you for this antique.
millerTEK

Post by millerTEK »

I love these Get Back album compilations that were proposed - one reason is the material being used are items from the Glyn Johns multitrack reels recorded at Apple, so you get the multitrack recording source and not those NAGRA sources. Now there were several possible album compilations and I found this website informative in helping me compile each variant -

As for the MIX and producer - I think all of the compilations were Glyn John's compilations he submitted and nothing was technically produced until after all were rejected and later after Abbey Road, Phil Spector was brought in and used Glyn Johns recordings to compile and produce his Let It Be album. George Martin was not really involved with Get Back album compilations as they never were accepted to the production level to get his name as Producer. He PRODUCED though - a number of single 45's that were released.

https://www.beatlesource.com/bs/mains/a ... intro.html

enjoy!

steve
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME - Thank you.
beatles2me

Post by beatles2me »

Thank you :mrgreen: Volker
Antonio218

Post by Antonio218 »

Thank you very much indeed
TELEGRAM SAM

Post by TELEGRAM SAM »

Thank you
Rosiebear

Post by Rosiebear »

Thank you
billychildish

Post by billychildish »

A good one which I still have in my collection.
ntwined88

Post by ntwined88 »

millerTEK wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:46 am I love these Get Back album compilations that were proposed - one reason is the material being used are items from the Glyn Johns multitrack reels recorded at Apple, so you get the multitrack recording source and not those NAGRA sources. Now there were several possible album compilations and I found this website informative in helping me compile each variant -

As for the MIX and producer - I think all of the compilations were Glyn John's compilations he submitted and nothing was technically produced until after all were rejected and later after Abbey Road, Phil Spector was brought in and used Glyn Johns recordings to compile and produce his Let It Be album. George Martin was not really involved with Get Back album compilations as they never were accepted to the production level to get his name as Producer. He PRODUCED though - a number of single 45's that were released.

https://www.beatlesource.com/bs/mains/a ... intro.html

enjoy!

steve
I remember this site well! They used to host acetates for download amongst all the great information.
Btw, the pic of the UK LIB boxset links to a downloadable pdf of the Get Back book ! 8-)