Yellow Dog Day By Day Fresh Rips From Original Discs Project

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
cliftdean74

Yellow Dog Day By Day Fresh Rips From Original Discs Project

Post by cliftdean74 »

Hello all!

I've pulled my original Yellow Dog pressings of the full Day By Day series out of storage. I will be doing fresh rips from the silver CDs so that everyone here has access to a clean set with no errors and a known lineage.

I will be ripping the discs 10 volumes (20 discs) at a time and sharing them with Yves who will be tackling the job of tagging the files.

The reason for this post is to get input from the forum about the extraction process I'll use. I'm assuming EAC is the preferred method of ripping the discs. Are there any suggestions in regard to EAC settings to either use or to avoid. It's a project I only want to do once so share your thoughts and let's get the party started!

BDJ

Re: Yellow Dog Day By Day Fresh Rips From Original Discs Project

Post by BDJ »

Great project, look forward to it! 8-)
iPanggo

Post by iPanggo »

cliftdean74 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:32 pm Hello all!

I've pulled my original Yellow Dog pressings of the full Day By Day series out of storage. I will be doing fresh rips from the silver CDs so that everyone here has access to a clean set with no errors and a known lineage.

I will be ripping the discs 10 volumes (20 discs) at a time and sharing them with Yves who will be tackling the job of tagging the files.

The reason for this post is to get input from the forum about the extraction process I'll use. I'm assuming EAC is the preferred method of ripping the discs. Are there any suggestions in regard to EAC settings to either use or to avoid. It's a project I only want to do once so share your thoughts and let's get the party started!

Thank you so much for this project!! I'm looking for 100% clean CD rips for a while now, it's gonna help my Watching Rainbows project a LOT, when could you share the first 10 volumes? I'm really excited
Don't forget, I'm with you in the dark.
enriquelu

Post by enriquelu »

Great Idea
For

Post by For »

Super! Do you include scans from the artwork too?
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

For wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:00 pm Super! Do you include scans from the artwork too?
I don’t have the equipment or patience to do proper scans of the art so it will just be the audio.
powerPC

Post by powerPC »

cliftdean74 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:32 pm I've pulled my original Yellow Dog pressings of the full Day By Day series out of storage. I will be doing fresh rips from the silver CDs so that everyone here has access to a clean set with no errors and a known lineage.

Thank you cliftdean74 for undertaking such an important (and huge) task! I don't have any advice on what EAC settings are best (I use XLD for Mac), but someone here will no doubt be able to supply the info you need. 8-)

Looking forward to this! My set is about 70% silver CDs, but still contain little errors scattered throughout, so it will be great to have a CLEAN set.
—Keith
Track06

Post by Track06 »

This is great news. Thank you in advance. I'll be posting the EAC tutorial I've been using tomorrow.
MUR

Post by MUR »

The photo of all discs looks wonderful. It'll be awesome if we could get clean rips of this set.
Searching hard for missing Silent Hills, Non Plus Ultra, WWII, Xavel, Shakuntala sets, fresh Misterclaudel/Valkyrie/Piccadilly.
Also searching hard for FAB CD / DVD releases (solo ones are priority). Ready to trade FAB DVDs with those who trades.
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

Cool, I was looking for something to do... 😎🤣

I have a few copies of the whole set, each with his set of artwork. I'll compare samples from each and will copy the artwork that has the best definition.

To accompany the log files that will be created by EAC after ripping each CD, I will create FFP and MD5 files for each CD or volumes.

I'll create multiple permanent We Transfer links, probably 6 of them to accommodate the 38 volumes.
Yves