Question on Paul McCartney The 7" Singles Box Track Listing

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Fast lucky

Re: Question on Paul McCartney The 7" Singles Box Track Listing

Post by Fast lucky »

I just checked the listing on Qobuz, there are 159 songs listed, seems complete to me. As I understand, there will be some doubles on the vinyl (163 songs if I remember well). Two formats are available high res or cd quality.

I am not happy to be forced to buy the set in download format. I am old school and tend to be more physical. I would have bought an 80 CD single CD set in the blink of an eye.
MorseMoose

Post by MorseMoose »

Fast lucky wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:29 pm I am not happy to be forced to buy the set in download format. I am old school and tend to be more physical. I would have bought an 80 CD single CD set in the blink of an eye.
Agreed. Also, not only was the price absurd, but limited to 4000 copies? And they sold out within hours of pre-order being available.
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

3.000 copies... but it took much more than a few hours... a few days in the US, England or Belgium it took more time in Germany. I guess it also depends on the allocation. I did not find any for sale in France.
Maccawings

Post by Maccawings »

I thought the price was very fair other than having to buy all 80 at once. Price came out to under $10 per vinyl single and that is not counting the box it comes in or the 148 page book. So probably more in the $7 dollar range
MorseMoose

Post by MorseMoose »

Maccawings wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:06 pm I thought the price was very fair other than having to buy all 80 at once. Price came out to under $10 per vinyl single and that is not counting the box it comes in or the 148 page book. So probably more in the $7 dollar range
I don't know, I buy singles at charity shops, boot fairs, etc, for 50p-£2.00 usually. I would never dream of paying £7 for one single, especially not 80 times over!
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

That´s not a fair comparison. I looked at the number of discs included in the Beatles box and came to 650 euros then comes the box , the book, the test pressing... and you come close to the price of 735 euros (european price). One thing granted is that vinyl releases don´t come cheap nowadays.
MorseMoose

Post by MorseMoose »

Fast lucky wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:15 pm That´s not a fair comparison. I looked at the number of discs included in the Beatles box and came to 650 euros then comes the box , the book, the test pressing... and you come close to the price of 735 euros (european price). One thing granted is that vinyl releases don´t come cheap nowadays.
That's true. However, even with the book, the box and the test pressing I wouldn't pay 600 quid for it. Maybe it's just me, but I think it was amazingly overpriced.
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

I also find vinyl overpriced and the CD sets as well since we pay for 5 CDs and get a content that would fit on 2 CDs
Maccawings

Post by Maccawings »

MorseMoose wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:14 am
Maccawings wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:06 pm I thought the price was very fair other than having to buy all 80 at once. Price came out to under $10 per vinyl single and that is not counting the box it comes in or the 148 page book. So probably more in the $7 dollar range
I don't know, I buy singles at charity shops, boot fairs, etc, for 50p-£2.00 usually. I would never dream of paying £7 for one single, especially not 80 times over!
Also, not a fair comparison of a newly pressed box to stuff you find at a second hand store/charity shop/boot fairs, etc! Just saying!
MorseMoose

Post by MorseMoose »

Maccawings wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:02 am
MorseMoose wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:14 am
Also, not a fair comparison of a newly pressed box to stuff you find at a second hand store/charity shop/boot fairs, etc! Just saying!
Yeah, I had noticed that after my post! I'm adamant that the box is too much, but I do think that it should cost more than second-hand ones.