HAVE YOU HEARD THE WORD? 1969 Beatles Bootleg Song in STEREO

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
DocRobert

HAVE YOU HEARD THE WORD? 1969 Beatles Bootleg Song in STEREO

Post by DocRobert »

Here's my new stereo mix of HAVE YOU HEARD THE WORD which was on my very first Beatles bootleg LP and I always thought it was an Abbey Road outtake sung by John (and so did Yoko who, in 1985, registered the title as a Lennon composition!). It turns out this song was written & recorded on 6th August 1969 by Bee Gee Maurice Gibb (sung in the style of Lennon), Billy Lawrie (Lulu's brother - Lulu had married Maurice that February), and Australians Steve Kipner & Steve Groves (aka Tin Tin) while Maurice was high on heavy painkillers, nursing a broken arm, and taking full advantage of London's IBC Studios free drinks bar! It's a really grotty recording as it was never meant to see the light of day, but Beacon Records thought otherwise and in 1970 released a mono 45 under the band name 'The Fut'. For this first-time stereo mix I cleaned up the recording to reduce distortion, and used some nice panning on the vocal tracks to create a more interesting stereo soundstage.

Download link valid for 7 days: hxxps://we.tl/t-T7PyGcC35b

Enjoy!
Attachments
A. The Fut 1969.jpg
A. The Fut 1969.jpg (291.68 KiB) Viewed 2045 times
Last edited by DocRobert on Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
20YearsAgo

Re: Have You Heard The Word? 1969 Beatles Bootleg Song in STEREO

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Thank you so much for this-- it's really an enjoyable mix. Of all the songs that have been erroneously attributed, "Have You Heard the Word?" has always been my favorite.
ksantus

Re: Have You Heard The Word? 1969 Beatles Bootleg Song in STEREO

Post by ksantus »

Nice job, much cleaner than my copy. Good story as well. I never knew for sure who it was. It even sounds more like Lennon now that it's cleaned up.
beatles2me

Re: HAVE YOU HEARD THE WORD? 1969 Beatles Bootleg Song in STEREO

Post by beatles2me »

Thank you :mrgreen: Volker
Claude_de_Faux

Post by Claude_de_Faux »

This track was also in my first bootleg !

Thnk you.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

The real-it-teeeeeeee that could could bring us all-together-now!
You obviously haven't finished writing this song.
They left out the most important writing on the wall. Oh, ohhhh, oh...
Okay, rewind it and call Robin to give it attention. How can you mend a bunch of bad news?
I can think of younger daze...when living to hear THEM was everything a man could want to do.
So, cut to the chase about my favorite part of anonymity is that it actually sounds like them.
Have you heard the word BEACON before? Me, either. Well, they're no Masked Maurauders...THAT's for sure!
So, I heard that to be believable, you need only to wear the robes of a deception. The lens distortion
will do the rest. But my manner sure looks deceptive! THAT's it isn't it? He couldn't tell you. And
now, you're asking me? Do you believe your own eyes? Do the OZ!!! There's some proof of what we can
learn when we with a record player. The new stylus is more than a sapphire tuxedo with a heavy scouse
garnish. It was Mr. L himself. But that was later than this. But, it sure is an incrdible rendition.
If the chorus had been the last verse, then it could have had the lyric about admired ambition...CONFIDENCE
or "The Beatles broke up"! Yes, I've heard the word today, Oh Boy!
I am no easy sell for Heresy but I saw a man named John hanging with some goons and then,. AT THAT MOMENT,
I knew they wouldn't admit it...BUT there is only one person who can sound as convincing as the voice on
L.S. BumbleBEA! Now, THA T is the real thing.
Hi home, I'm honey!!!
Thanks, folks...trust your own ears!
Thank you, for the effort. I love it!
KC
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

EXCELLENT - Thank you.
DocRobert

Post by DocRobert »

Thanks everyone for your compliments! And thanks, Kwai, for your very entertaining comments! My first Beatles bootleg LP also contained the "Beatles" song "LS Bumble Bee" but I later found out this was a 1967 flop single by Peter Cook & Dudley Moore!
georgefromhenley

Post by georgefromhenley »

I always love the track! Is this sourced from the vinyl or a CD (I remember there had been an official release).
DocRobert

Post by DocRobert »

georgefromhenley - in mono from a CD