2005 Various – Les Beatles - Un Regard Français

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
maxwilbury

Re: 2005 Various – Les Beatles - Un Regard Français

Post by maxwilbury »

Many thanks to all of you, your precious information (Yves !) and all the others for your contributions to the topic.
For some reasons, time !, I wasn't able to upload the correctly named tracks, so thanks ntwined88 for that too.

I'm glad to see us reunited around that collection of covers. One of the band, Spirit of Lucy, were friends of mine on one of the two main French speaking Beatles web forums back in 1999/2005.

Yves, are you from Québec yourself ? There used to be someone from Québec in our group, I forgot his name but he was an avid collectors.
“Bigger than me?! That's not that hard to do, people back in my day were much shorter than they are today.”
~ Jesus on The Beatles
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

maxwilbury wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:14 pm Many thanks to all of you, your precious information (Yves !) and all the others for your contributions to the topic.
For some reasons, time !, I wasn't able to upload the correctly named tracks, so thanks ntwined88 for that too.

I'm glad to see us reunited around that collection of covers. One of the band, Spirit of Lucy, were friends of mine on one of the two main French speaking Beatles web forums back in 1999/2005.

Yves, are you from Québec yourself ? There used to be someone from Québec in our group, I forgot his name but he was an avid collectors.
Yes, for Montréal. Are you referring to Djada as the other Québécois?
Yves
Much2Much

Post by Much2Much »

Thank you MW this is great!
maxwilbury

Post by maxwilbury »

yymca6 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:23 pm
maxwilbury wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:14 pm Many thanks to all of you, your precious information (Yves !) and all the others for your contributions to the topic.

Hi Yves, to make sure I wasn't saying anything wrong, I've checked with an old mate from that forum and he reminded me of few names.

One of the fans from Québec we exchanged with, the most "famous" one, was Gilles Valiquette, musician and author of a book on the Beatles. The other ones where pseudonyms : Pablo Fanque and Moptop.
“Bigger than me?! That's not that hard to do, people back in my day were much shorter than they are today.”
~ Jesus on The Beatles
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

maxwilbury wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:00 pm
yymca6 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:23 pm

Hi Yves, to make sure I wasn't saying anything wrong, I've checked with an old mate from that forum and he reminded me of few names.

One of the fans from Québec we exchanged with, the most "famous" one, was Gilles Valiquette, musician and author of a book on the Beatles. The other ones where pseudonyms : Pablo Fanque and Moptop.
Yes I met Gilles once or twice and I also saw him a few times in concert in the 70's. He's an amazing guitar player.

The only Moptop I know here is a British Guy but unfortunately his site beatles info is currently down.
Yves
maxwilbury

Post by maxwilbury »

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I should listen to what Gilles has done over the year.

I see which Moptop you're referring to, yes, not that one.
~ Jesus on The Beatles
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

maxwilbury wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:12 pm Thanks for your answer. Yes, I should listen to what Gilles has done over the year.

I see which Moptop you're referring to, yes, not that one.
His first album is live acoustic "Chansons pour un café".

Second is electric "Deuxième arrêt", a real gem that I still listen to.

3rd was also excellent "Du même nom".

There are 5 other studios albums that I never really listened to + a live on radio that is very interesting and lively.
Yves
beatlesondvd

Post by beatlesondvd »

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet, but track 15 features a previously undocumented radio interview of the Beatles, conducted (in French) by Philippe Talois, presumably for ‘Salut les copains,’ in Atlantic City on 30 August 1964. Each Beatle answers in turn, in French, and they all improvise a short acapella ditty around the title of the show.
jpgrcat007

Post by jpgrcat007 »

Speaking of French & Quebec

Does anyone happen to collect Stargrove Label from 2015-2017 thru' Wal-Mart Canada?

There are 9 CD's of reissues, & yes I got them, during the time I was working, plus I got
Beach Boys, & other 1960's artists...I have around 40 CD's, even Four Seasons...lol

There's a 11 song version fron Stargrove of the Chipmunks

& Wal-Mart Canada also had these 2 CD's, I think for the Quebec Market, as I had to special order them

Beatles 2016 Premiers Succes [Canada CD Cette Anthologies PRO-2-5698] 20 Song CD
Beatles 2017 Less Annees [CD Canada Disques Legends LEGCD-6606] 20 song CD

I live in British Columbia, 20 east of Vancouver

Since I've lived here in the area for 27 1/2 years, I was lucky to get many UK, & Germany
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

jpgrcat007 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:57 pm Speaking of French & Quebec

Does anyone happen to collect Stargrove Label from 2015-2017 thru' Wal-Mart Canada?

There are 9 CD's of reissues, & yes I got them, during the time I was working, plus I got
Beach Boys, & other 1960's artists...I have around 40 CD's, even Four Seasons...lol

There's a 11 song version fron Stargrove of the Chipmunks

& Wal-Mart Canada also had these 2 CD's, I think for the Quebec Market, as I had to special order them

Beatles 2016 Premiers Succes [Canada CD Cette Anthologies PRO-2-5698] 20 Song CD
Beatles 2017 Less Annees [CD Canada Disques Legends LEGCD-6606] 20 song CD

I live in British Columbia, 20 east of Vancouver

Since I've lived here in the area for 27 1/2 years, I was lucky to get many UK, & Germany
I have the second one "Beatles 2017 Less Années [CD Canada Disques Legends LEGCD-6606] 20 song CD" but not the "Premiers Succès" one. I found it at another place than Wal-Mart, last year I think.
Yves