Looking for my PRISTINE write-ups

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Vee-Jay

Looking for my PRISTINE write-ups

Post by Vee-Jay »

Hey, folks -

One of the last steps I need to take in order to complete the revised edition of my PRISTINE US '80's LP rips is to add guthera's CD cover art for Let It Be and Past Bastards EP - The Songs That Capitol Forgot. Unfortunately, BZ blew up before guthera was able to complete the CD artwork for these two titles. He used to draw the written commentary for the CD artwork directly from the little write-ups I did when I posted each LP. Foolishly, I didn't think to save those write-ups for myself. (Live and learn!) :?

That said, does anyone have the write-ups I did when I posted LIB and PB? The Wayback Machine apparently didn't capture those pages, so I'm up the creek here otherwise. :cry:

Also, if we do happen to unearth these write-ups and barring guthera's unexpected-but-still-possible return, would someone be willing to re-create his artwork stylings for these last two LPs? I'm not skilled in that area, but I can provide samples of other ones via PM. Of course, this is all reliant upon getting the write-up material first.

Thanks!
powerPC

Re: Looking for my PRISTINE write-ups

Post by powerPC »

Hi Vee-Jay,
I’m not familiar with what guthera has done on these so far, but I’d be willing to give it a shot. 😊
Keith
—Keith
Vee-Jay

Post by Vee-Jay »

powerPC wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:03 pm Hi Vee-Jay,
I’m not familiar with what guthera has done on these so far, but I’d be willing to give it a shot. 😊
Keith
Thanks, Keith! Much obliged. Hopefully, someone copied what I wrote when I first published LIB and PB...
Lemonhead

Post by Lemonhead »

Hi Vee-Jay, I have the text documents that came with the downloads - I'm not sure if these are the same as the write-ups you mentioned though? If they were comments posted on the BZ web pages but that weren't included with the downloads, then sorry, I don't have those. Good luck!
Vee-Jay

Post by Vee-Jay »

Lemonhead wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:56 am Hi Vee-Jay, I have the text documents that came with the downloads - I'm not sure if these are the same as the write-ups you mentioned though? If they were comments posted on the BZ web pages but that weren't included with the downloads, then sorry, I don't have those. Good luck!
Thanks, Lemonhead, for the offer. It's not quite what I'm looking for, but thank you nonetheless.

If it helps, here's a sample of what guthera did with my original posting commentary for Something New:

CD Back.jpg
CD Back.jpg (326.25 KiB) Viewed 2711 times
Beezer

Post by Beezer »

Hi Vee-Jay,
I generally save "mht" pages for threads for anything that I download, so, is this what you are looking for?

Let It Be.png
Let It Be.png (170.54 KiB) Viewed 2479 times

Past Bastards.png
Past Bastards.png (164.41 KiB) Viewed 2479 times

kind regards, (and many thanks for all of the hard work that you have done)

Beezer
Vee-Jay

Post by Vee-Jay »

Beezer wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:51 pm Hi Vee-Jay,
I generally save "mht" pages for threads for anything that I download, so, is this what you are looking for?

Let It Be.png

Past Bastards.png

Beezer
HOLY COW!!! THAT'S IT!!! (Where's that jumping-for-joy smilie when you need it?!?) :D :D :D

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!
Vee-Jay

Post by Vee-Jay »

Beezer wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:51 pm Hi Vee-Jay,

Let It Be.png

Past Bastards.png

Beezer
Quick question for Beezer... Do you happen to have "mht" pages for the whole PRISTINE series? I'd love to include them in the revised set. :D
Beezer

Post by Beezer »

Hi Vee-Jay,
Apologies for the delay, (I only get on the site once a week at the moment, usually at the weekend).
Here is a WeTransfer link that contains to all of the pages that I saved.
If you are have any trouble opening the files, just let me know and I can always cut and past all of your posts/comments into a "Doc" file,

hxxps://we.tl/t-NVxheCzPVY

kind regards

Beezer
Vee-Jay

Post by Vee-Jay »

Thanks, Beezer! It's like being on the old BZ again! :D :) :| :( :evil:

I've sent you a PM too! ;)