Unicorn - Lost/Unreadable Discs + Newer Titles

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
yymca6

Re: Unicorn - Lost/Unreadable Discs + Newer Titles

Post by yymca6 »

mojofilter wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:36 am I did a handful of these things. I remember him reposting some of them where he felt compelled to say on the covers that they were free from any pitch or phase or level correction. I seem to have royally pissed off an amateur desktop bootlegger, boo fuckin' hoo. I will have a look through my catalogue, and prepare to send in what I have on Sunday. If you don't want me to have to redo your work, don't submit garbage as the thing your reputation rides on. Because that says more about you than it does me.

Please note that I have never had to redo any of the work of the fine people who post here, or used to post on BZ. My issue has been with "big" labels who had no professional engineers on staff. I redo Yellow Dog, Vigotone and other labels pressed in factories for mass consumption. Not the guys here who work on stuff and send it in here for our enjoyment. These guys know what they're doing.

Thank you for holding my skills in some esteem. I really appreciate it.
You sure deserve the esteem my friend!

BTW I did not see Studio Session in my "big" RMW folder...
Yves
MrP

Post by MrP »

posting for no real good reason other than I saw mention of this in the topic and did not see a posted link and thought I would post it

Studio Collection [Unicorn Records UC-076]
https://dereferer.me/?ohNl6Zm4WJRrVeG3x ... 9g2D86Krg-
paulramon

Post by paulramon »

Mojo - I agree with Yves here, and hold you in very high regard. I've enjoyed your work for years, and also very much enjoy your insights as a professional engineer that understands far more than I do in this realm.

Many thanks again for all that you've done for us, I very much appreciate it.
yymca6 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:54 pm
mojofilter wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:36 am I did a handful of these things. I remember him reposting some of them where he felt compelled to say on the covers that they were free from any pitch or phase or level correction. I seem to have royally pissed off an amateur desktop bootlegger, boo fuckin' hoo. I will have a look through my catalogue, and prepare to send in what I have on Sunday. If you don't want me to have to redo your work, don't submit garbage as the thing your reputation rides on. Because that says more about you than it does me.

Please note that I have never had to redo any of the work of the fine people who post here, or used to post on BZ. My issue has been with "big" labels who had no professional engineers on staff. I redo Yellow Dog, Vigotone and other labels pressed in factories for mass consumption. Not the guys here who work on stuff and send it in here for our enjoyment. These guys know what they're doing.

You sure deserve the esteem my friend!

BTW I did not see Studio Session in my "big" RMW folder...
rickenbacker

Post by rickenbacker »

Correct me if i'm wrong, but after reading your post it sounds to me as if there is some sour grapes between you and the people behind Unicorn?
You have to remember that this label began back in the year 2000, by yes, 'a desktop bootlegger', and they put out some amazing material which at the time was core status. We need to be grateful for this, because no other label was releasing this material at the time. By 2003 the label ceased to operate due to the 'Nagra reel' operation that went down. As with other 'big' labels at the time, they were taken over by Japanese companies who continued to put out material. We are dealing with bootleg recordings here, one label will pinch another ones materal, juggle the tracks around and have their 'New' release, it's how it works, nothing personal, it's bootlegging!

We would have many more recordings that haven't seen the light of day if more people like Unicorn would have the balls to put it out, and not just bitch about remastering something on their pro-tools software, to have their work copied and produced somewhere else. Like i said, it's how the bootlegging world works.

I'm sure your work is very good, and reading other forum members posts, it seems highly regarded, but to remaster anything officaly un-released, and post your work for people to download and expect it not to be copied and sold on bootleg CD's is crazy! So in effect you didn't 'Royally piss off' anyone, as the material has passed through so many hands, they probably don't know you exist!

P.S I was told that Mr.Unicorn's soundcard was actually purchased in 1999 from PC World for £14.99, although the rumours may be exaggerated. But hey, who gives a shit, the music's great, and that's all that matters right?
mojofilter

Post by mojofilter »

I'm correcting you because you are wrong. The sour grapes you speak of are imaginary, unless he has them. I plan to ignore the rest of your projections on what you think my actions or motives were. They have no basis in reality, and are not worth a response from me. Thanks anyway.
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
paulramon

Post by paulramon »

Mojo - can you share your reworking of the Unicorn stuff? Would love to hear your magic on some of this stuff.
mojofilter

Post by mojofilter »

OK, I'll get those together by tomorrow. Thanks for asking.
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
paulramon

Post by paulramon »

Thanks, mojo - always grateful for your work that you kindly share with us.
deldave

Post by deldave »

Cool, Mojo If you can make something better. Then do it. I'm sure you enjoy doing it as me hearing it. :D
ladano48

Post by ladano48 »

It seems that I am the only one, who is missing certain albums by The Beatles, from this label.
I would be very grateful if someone would like to share some of the albums that I haven't gotten yet.

Thanks in advance

This is my missing collection in 2022
Attachments
unicorn missing.png
unicorn missing.png (39.65 KiB) Viewed 677 times