(OUTDATED) Watching Rainbows - The Ultimate Get Back Sessions Remaster (BETA RELEASE)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
ladano48

Re: Watching Rainbows - The Ultimate Nagra Remaster (work in progress)

Post by ladano48 »

I’m not in favor of entering into infinite discussions about something as subjective and particular as musical tastes and the more or less purist versions that may be published.

We all know, for our hobby, the official audios of the group and also the official remastered ones from 2009 and later years.

And in the same way we all know hundreds or thousands of unofficial versions, new versions and new unreleased audios, which are published by more or less legal record labels and others not so legal.

In addition to hundreds of private versions made by fans, with some knowledge of music or not, that circulate in different places and that many of us may have stored in our collection of The Beatles, because we liked them and ignored their origin.

Therefore, it is clear that everything that is not official, is subject to the criteria or decision of the publisher, for commercial purposes or not, but that it is still more than something unofficial.

Somewhere I have seen that iPanggo is 16 years old, so it seems wonderful to me, that at that age he is interested in music from the last century that might not even be contemporary with his parents and that for him must be like prehistory.

I am almost five times that age and I started to like music when the stereo did not yet exist. I have seen the evolution over the years and I think that the vision of such a young person can be at least interesting.

And instead of entering into eternal controversies (Those of you who have known BZ know what I'm talking about), about whether or not you should use one type of audio or if you should do it one way or another (no one is in possession of the absolute truth), wouldn't it be much more reasonable to let him work and present us with his results?

Having seen the results, each one will decide if they are interested or not, if they seem wonderful or an aberration, and will keep them or discard them.

Of course, it is clear to me, that I am going to start collecting his works in order to be able to evaluate them and compare them with what I have in my collection.

Therefore I encourage iPanggo to continue, without any hesitation, with his work if he enjoys it.

Good luck and a lot of tenacity!
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

ladano48 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:41 am Therefore I encourage iPanggo to continue, without any hesitation, with his work if he enjoys it.
Well stated, ladano48!
I would not disagree with any of that! I'm happy that he is motivated by The Beatles and is able to cut through the tinsel and focus on a specific attribute, era, song, album, category. His Beatles opportunities are many in number and one cannot compare ANY era of our Beatles past to what is happening NOW on this forum. There is massive amounts of action. So, take my advice...if you are willing to do the work, and want to share it here, make sure that your ID is part of the labelling, tagging, lineage diagram, booklet, or anything else you might put into it. Because if you don't make that info easy to know, people won't know what they are listening to. In my opinion, your ID is the most critical info. It isn't enough to preach about but if you want your stuff to enjoy the best opportunity, it is a must! It might not seem so...but I have a few folders that are named Orphanage 1, Orphanage 2, etc. Guess what is in them. Lots of sadness. Great work that I can't begin to identify!
Okay, that was my exit!
Good Luck.
KC
iPanggo

Post by iPanggo »

dumbchops wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:56 am
yymca6 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:20 am It might be a mess (I ain't so sure about that...) but let"s acknowledge the fact that someone somewhere had to do this and Doug Sulpy did. Thanks to him, that might have been a first step to something else but in the meantime, no one came up up with a better "system".

Those who don't like the DDSI numbering, well guys what do you suggest?
It is a mess, but you are correct. The trail had to be blazed somehow and Doug really came through with that. I still have the hardcopy from the 90's called Get Back written before all the tapes were available. It was exciting reading for me at the time but now all the tapes are out there, and they are a mess to begin with. A few rolls are numbered out of order for instance but that is the fault of the original Nagra guy (quick quiz: what was his name?).

So, updating the numbering system where it makes sense? I'd say first offer the job to Doug with suggestions from others or make a thread somewhere in this forum where many of us can knock it out and compare notes until we have this thing which makes sense. A reality where 3 seconds of a stray guitar line does not constitute as a performance and get the correct titles to songs. I do believe that performance numbers should begin and end where there are breaks in the tape, but I have proven several times that even though sometimes the level of a track goes down super low, it is in fact one continuous performance, therefore it does not require a new number or track. I shoe-horned everything on NBS (Stereo) specifically to fit the DDSI numbers to make Doug and others happy. Now it's time to update. I'm not suggesting a "new" "stereo" NBS but just a whole new way of looking at the Get Back sessions and what there is available thanks to those who made it available for all of us to begin with.
TOTALLY agree with this. Sure, DDSI pretty much made history but it's tie to update our system.
Be sure that when this release will be finished I would like to gather around various people and create a new numbering system.
Don't forget, I'm with you in the dark.
iPanggo

Post by iPanggo »

ladano48 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:41 am I’m not in favor of entering into infinite discussions about something as subjective and particular as musical tastes and the more or less purist versions that may be published.

We all know, for our hobby, the official audios of the group and also the official remastered ones from 2009 and later years.

And in the same way we all know hundreds or thousands of unofficial versions, new versions and new unreleased audios, which are published by more or less legal record labels and others not so legal.

In addition to hundreds of private versions made by fans, with some knowledge of music or not, that circulate in different places and that many of us may have stored in our collection of The Beatles, because we liked them and ignored their origin.

Therefore, it is clear that everything that is not official, is subject to the criteria or decision of the publisher, for commercial purposes or not, but that it is still more than something unofficial.

Somewhere I have seen that iPanggo is 16 years old, so it seems wonderful to me, that at that age he is interested in music from the last century that might not even be contemporary with his parents and that for him must be like prehistory.

I am almost five times that age and I started to like music when the stereo did not yet exist. I have seen the evolution over the years and I think that the vision of such a young person can be at least interesting.

And instead of entering into eternal controversies (Those of you who have known BZ know what I'm talking about), about whether or not you should use one type of audio or if you should do it one way or another (no one is in possession of the absolute truth), wouldn't it be much more reasonable to let him work and present us with his results?

Having seen the results, each one will decide if they are interested or not, if they seem wonderful or an aberration, and will keep them or discard them.

Of course, it is clear to me, that I am going to start collecting his works in order to be able to evaluate them and compare them with what I have in my collection.

Therefore I encourage iPanggo to continue, without any hesitation, with his work if he enjoys it.

Thanks a lot man! I'm surprised that everyone is thinking that the fact that I'm 16 is a big deal, I actually became interested in this stuff when I was 13/14 haha.

Today or tomorrow I'll upload day 3, and just to remind you, this is still a test release, when I finish restoring all of the days I will create a small team to make the artwork, booklet, tags, etc
MorseMoose

Post by MorseMoose »

Hi, iPanggo. These are brilliant works, and I hope you continue the series through to the end of January!
RalseiDeltarune

Post by RalseiDeltarune »

I actually think that this sounds great. Hope you removed those annoying "beeps" as well. Can't wait to hear more.
Interested in any/all Bootlegs. Sometimes I make my own.

Catalog is posted here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2649
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

Keep up the good work iPanggo and don't take my comments negatively.

All I wanted to point out is that the DDSI numbers have been important so far and might be the first step to a better numbering system.

But a new system would need to be associated to the updated DDSI numbers so that people can link "ne" stuff to the older version we've had for years.
Yves
iPanggo

Post by iPanggo »

RalseiDeltarune wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:28 pm I actually think that this sounds great. Hope you removed those annoying "beeps" as well. Can't wait to hear more.
I actually don't wanna remove the beep camera slates, for me it's interesting since it lets you know when a camera started recording.
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

iPanggo wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:02 pm
RalseiDeltarune wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:28 pm I actually think that this sounds great. Hope you removed those annoying "beeps" as well. Can't wait to hear more.
I actually don't wanna remove the beep camera slates, for me it's interesting since it lets you know when a camera started recording.
Also keep in mind the camera beeps are extremely helpful for placing shots in the available video we have!
Complete Twickenham Footage collection out NOW: viewtopic.php?t=7470
RubberSolof

Post by RubberSolof »

Hi Ipanggo, Thanks for your terrific effort at the beginning of this massive project!

16 years old IS a big deal. There is so much crap being produced and flung at the public right now. (There's also a lot of great stuff out there too...don't get me wrong, but it takes a huge effort to find it!).

I know so many kids your age that are like:

"I like Death Metal... and if it isn't Death Metal...IT SUCKS!"

These kids wouldn't know a quality tune if it fell from the sky, landed on their face and wiggled! So it is refreshing for us (slightly) older folks to see some kids out there with Taste. Mix that with your personal drive to actually contribute and improve upon what is out there and ...well, that is inspiring and refreshing indeed!

Rock On Sir!

-RubberSolof