Who owns the music on early Beatles acetates?

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Onkster II

Re: Who owns the music on early Beatles acetates?

Post by Onkster II »

Which side? What Goes On or Woman?

My guess is that Woman is from the 1969 Twickenham piano performace. And if it's What Goes On, it's just the short excerpt from the auction.

Can you clarify? Or even give us a Youtube link?
beatlesfanfromsop

Post by beatlesfanfromsop »

There is also the Till There was You/Hello Little Girl Acetate from the DECCA Sessions.
I think there was also another Beatles Acetate that had recordings with one of the British
Invasion Groups.
Does someone know if I remember correctly?
Mike
stereoman33

Post by stereoman33 »

Onkster II wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:04 pm Which side? What Goes On or Woman?

My guess is that Woman is from the 1969 Twickenham piano performace. And if it's What Goes On, it's just the short excerpt from the auction.

Well if anybody ever bothered to type Peter and Gordon Woman into a YouTube search you would find this 1965 paul McCartney version very very quickly.

In fact you will find 2 versions
One that lasts for 2.22 complete
And one that lasts 2.14 mussing the last 6 seconds(because it was played on an internet radio show that often crossfades to an interview or another song… found somewhere in the sunshine .. hint hint)

And its even easier if you type Gordon Waller woman into the search engine.
you can also go and find it on
WUMB 91.9 BWT Beatles Cha Chi (SAT 6am-8am) April 30, 2022

So much for people arguing about their precious acetate which they sold later on anyway.

The thing’s been freely available, complete and in great quality in youtube for the last 7 years!!
Oh and should i also mention that at least 3 years ago both sides of the acetate were thrown up on the net for a download!

Last edited by stereoman33 on Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kbhoward

Post by kbhoward »

The "Woman" acetate (with participation of Paul McCartney) was purchased via an auction by over 70 gracious fans (many of whom can be currently found on this forum) with the cooperation of three Beatles forums. Anyone who contributed to its purchase received a restored, digital copy of the disc, along with pertinent artwork. The record was eventually sold. About a year later, the files were made available to others.
Last edited by kbhoward on Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Golem

Post by Golem »

stereoman33 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:41 pm
Onkster II wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:04 pm Which side? What Goes On or Woman?

Well if anybody ever bothered to type Peter and Gordon Woman into a YouTube search you would find this 1965 paul McCartney version very very quickly.

In fact you will find 2 versions
One that lasts for 2.22 complete
And one that lasts 2.14 mussing the last 6 seconds(because it was played on an internet radio show that often crossfades to an interview or another song… found somewhere in the sunshine .. hint hint)

And its even easier if you type Gordon Waller woman into the search engine.

So much for people arguing about their precious acetate which they sold later on anyway.

The thing’s been freely available, complete and in great quality in youtube for the last 7 years!!
Oh and should i also mention that at least 3 years ago both sides of the acetate were thrown up on the net for a download!

wasn't that youtube version confirmed to be a different version though?
stereoman33

Post by stereoman33 »

Golem wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:44 am
it was claimed that it had more reverb, or rather the acetate had a dryer sound,not that it was different version.

Anyway here's a great stereo remix by paul62 - he's let me post it here 'cause he can't..."
and it's certainly not an acetate because acetates are mono and this is stereo
hxxps://wetransfer.com/downloads/df92ef ... 033/31d7ca

and for a really dry demix of a song ,that you won't hear on any acetate here's paul 62 again,
with a rare track by Peter ,Paul and Gordon
hxxps://wetransfer.com/downloads/397521 ... 519/9cf463
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

thank you very intresting
Chris
powerPC

Post by powerPC »

stereoman33 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:45 pm
Golem wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:44 am
it was claimed that it had more reverb, or rather the acetate had a dryer sound,not that it was different version.

Anyway here's a great stereo remix by paul62 - he's let me post it here 'cause he can't..."
and it's certainly not an acetate because acetates are mono and this is stereo
hxxps://wetransfer.com/downloads/df92ef4e8bdbf5836f20e4c4608e8df020220627123033/31d7ca

and for a really dry demix of a song ,that you won't hear on any acetate here's paul 62 again,
with a rare track by Peter ,Paul and Gordon
hxxps://wetransfer.com/downloads/3975210c23a84b6fffc5b4994f3bea2820220627102519/9cf463
Thank you stereoman33! This is greatness 8-)
—Keith
Patrick Healy

Post by Patrick Healy »

kbhoward wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:34 am About a year later, the files were made available to others.
The files as in both sides? I thought mojofilter was asking for permission to post the other side after having posted the one.
Feel free to DM me with it if you have it, by the way. :lol:
(Clarification: not trying to be rude to mojofilter and of course I respect his and others' decisions, but if both sides are already out there then I'd love to have them. If they're not (both), then obviously the people who have the right to make the decision have made that decision and to intervene further would be disrespectful.)
mojofilter

Post by mojofilter »

May I ask you to read what I wrote, and not take away from it what you think I wrote. If you've read my post I made it clear that I had never released it anywhere else at any time since it was purchased. My purpose for posting was to ask if anyone who paid for it was interested in having it released yet. If so, fine. If not, fine. But then people started freaking out on me personally, getting as far as not-so-vague threats, and questioning my integrity. That's why I've spent 30 years in this group of people and can call so few of them my friends.

I knew about one side of it being on a podcast from tape source, from the tape owner, but that's still mp3 because the podcast was mp3. I don't know about any other versions in the wild or if any others are lossless. I didn't put any of them there. I haven't gone looking for them, because it's not my record, I already own my share of the work I put in. I'm never putting it out unless I get permission from those who pitched in. That seems unlikely to happen, so we're all going to die someday and it'll still be on my hard drive. If anyone else wants to post it, you do what your conscience tells you is right. If one or more of you have already posted it, nothing anyone says anymore matters.
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.