Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 13 V2 available)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
masterjedi

Re: Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 7 available now)

Post by masterjedi »

Finally had a chance to listen to the Eight Days a Week tracks from Birds Sing Out of Tune
The little bits appear to all be fabricated
track 6: first 2 seconds from Yesterday take 1
track 7: take 2 announcement is from No Reply
track 8: take 3 announcement is a stand-alone unidentified take announcement from Rockband
There's a few other bits of studio chat in there that sound familiar, but they are obviously chopped up and taken from elsewhere, so I won't bother trying to hunt those down.
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

So, an update of Vol.7 will be online ? I was about to burn it on vintage vinyl-like CDR :oops: :?:

this vol.7 is kick-ass. Amazing work! "Norwegian Wood" is one of my favorite song; I love so much the take 2- the bass and rhythm sounds like a pre-rock-progressive kind of a prelude to "Tomorrow Never Knows" (which has influenced Pink Floyd for the Syncopated Pandemonium part of A Saucerful Of Secrets).

Is "Wait" (another favorite song) - live - a csnyfan work ? well done!

But, there is no "Girl" - a live track couldn't be make ? There is a kind of Russian (polka?) mood, I wonder if John heard a traditional Russian tune; although I can't find what it is.
This is a superb song, with the shhhh (which John will re-use for "Woman") and the ti-tit-tit... (there is a quote about this in the Love & Mercy Brian Wilson movie)- love the Christian lyrics and interpretation about suffering and about pain.
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

Rupert Pupkin wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:20 am So, an update of Vol.7 will be online ? I was about to burn it on vintage vinyl-like CDR :oops: :?:
I haven't found any need for an update yet. I think you're safe to burn!
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

masterjedi wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:44 am
Rupert Pupkin wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:20 am So, an update of Vol.7 will be online ? I was about to burn it on vintage vinyl-like CDR :oops: :?:
Ok, and why no "live track" for "Girl" ? it was not possible because of audio artefacts ?
Track06

Post by Track06 »

Thanks! Love the notes. Mysterious and revealing at the same time.
C90

Post by C90 »

masterjedi wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:46 am Finally had a chance to listen to the Eight Days a Week tracks from Birds Sing Out of Tune
track 8: take 3 announcement is a stand-alone unidentified take announcement from Rockband
There's a few other bits of studio chat in there that sound familiar, but they are obviously chopped up and taken from elsewhere, so I won't bother trying to hunt those down.
Thanks for the sonic forensics, MasterJedi! Those Claudel tracks - Dissected, and discarded :mrgreen:
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

Rupert Pupkin wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:49 am
Ok, and why no "live track" for "Girl" ? it was not possible because of audio artefacts ?
As much as I LOVE that one from the previous installment, there is still some bleed-through that I don't think belongs to the live session. It just didn't quite make the cut. :cry:
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

Track06 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:12 am Thanks! Love the notes. Mysterious and revealing at the same time.
I know they tend to be a bit cryptic, but my hope is that all the sources that were used are clear.
csnyfan

Post by csnyfan »

masterjedi wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:50 pm
Rupert Pupkin wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:49 am

As much as I LOVE that one from the previous installment, there is still some bleed-through that I don't think belongs to the live session. It just didn't quite make the cut. :cry:
The guitar for much of the end came from bleed-through on the vocals track, as there is no cleaner source for it. It could probably be improved somewhat with modern demixing.
mikec

Post by mikec »

masterjedi wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:46 am Finally had a chance to listen to the Eight Days a Week tracks from Birds Sing Out of Tune
Most of these tracks and snippets comes from Ron Howard's Eight Day's a Week film (following the same pattern as the Rockband snippets), so they (Giles) did most of this assembly.