Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 13 V2 available)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
masterjedi

Re: Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 2 available now)

Post by masterjedi »

lennonology wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:17 pm Masterjedi - I'm bumping my question.

RE: Complete Recording Sessions Vol. 2

In your notes you mention that the 'Take It Off' (HMC) "has de-noising removed."

Just how does one go about doing this without more processing - isn't it baked into the source file?

Thanks -

CM
Oh, sorry, I meant to answer this sooner.
It does mean additional processing. It requires that all of the noise wasn't completely removed. If you take the original, and denoise it again, and keep just the noise (or subtract the result off from the original), you can add just the noise back to the original. The art is to figure out what type of denoiser was used to begin with, and how much to add back. The result isn't perfect, but it can make a marked improvement.
lennonology

Post by lennonology »

Thanks for the reply -

That's pretty much exactly what I thought - you have to add the noise, or a reasonable facsimile, back into the mix.

CM
jackb

Post by jackb »

I've enjoyed Vol. 1 and 2 of The Beatles Recording Sessions. Thank you for the work and sharing. Should I also seek out CSNYFAN's Complete Recording Sessions? If the answer is yes, where should I look?

jack
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

Rupert Pupkin wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:50 am chapeau bas! this is a fantastic release! I've listened to the whole set with headphones and was totally hooked by the bonus tracks : those "2 tracks" mixes (where did you find it ?) are wonderful : especially George's singing "Do You Want To Know A Secret?".

an existential question: will "I'm In Love" piano be a part of this set ? or do you consider it as a home demo ? (by the quality of the sound of the piano, I have always had the feeling that it was demoed in studio).
The twin-track recordings come from the online release "Beatles Bootleg Recordings 1963". The notes file that accompanies these releases details the sources for all the recordings.

I'm In Love was found along with some home recordings of Cynthia and Julian, so probably is also a home recording.
jackb wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:32 am I've enjoyed Vol. 1 and 2 of The Beatles Recording Sessions. Thank you for the work and sharing. Should I also seek out CSNYFAN's Complete Recording Sessions? If the answer is yes, where should I look?

jack
You should absolutely seek out all of csnyfan's amazing work. At some point, I'll add the volumes that he did to the complete set.
lennonology

Post by lennonology »

The piano demo of 'I'm In Love' is unequivocally a home recording from September 1963.

CM
I Am The Walrus

Post by I Am The Walrus »

Thank you!
dinsdalep

Post by dinsdalep »

lennonology wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:11 pm The piano demo of 'I'm In Love' is unequivocally a home recording from September 1963.

CM
I never thought about this, but did John even have a home piano at the time? I don't think he did until he moved into Kenwood. Perhaps it was recorded in the Ashers' basement?
onemojofilter

Post by onemojofilter »

dinsdalep wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:54 pm
lennonology wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:11 pm The piano demo of 'I'm In Love' is unequivocally a home recording from September 1963.

CM
I never thought about this, but did John even have a home piano at the time? I don't think he did until he moved into Kenwood. Perhaps it was recorded in the Ashers' basement?
Probably a safe conclusion to draw... Paul mentioned composing "I Want To Hold Your Hand" on a piano they happened to find in a basement of a "disused house" in an interview somewhere - which I think is code for "the Asher home".
My opinions are my own, but, my dog tends to agree with everything I say.
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

dinsdalep wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:54 pm

CM
thanks Chip, but I have always wondered if this could have been a studio demo because the sound quality is too good in comparison to the way John will record his home demos during the Dakota years; but even in 1968 (Don't Let Me Down, Oh My Love...)
Thus, I've always wondered what equipment- tape recorder John used for "I'm in Love". (it sounds like the "If I feel" demo were recorded with another tape recorder (hence the difference of sound quality).
Bailes

Post by Bailes »

Would hate to impatiently interrupt, but is Volume 3 coming soon? These have been very helpful and fun to listen to. :)