Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 13 V2 available)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
RalseiDeltarune

Re: Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 1 available now)

Post by RalseiDeltarune »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:34 am Thanks again!
masterjedi wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:23 am We have a delta-mono reel from Roger Scott, which is more complete and has considerably less reverb
It does? Hmm... that could have possibilities...
Ooh?
Interested in any/all Bootlegs. Sometimes I make my own.

Catalog is posted here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2649
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

Lord Reith wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:40 am A really good source for the Sheridan stuff is the Tony Sheridan and the Beatles dvd. It has them in 48k PCM, no limiting.
So, I bought The Beatles with Tony Sheridan DVD off of ebay, and ripped it tonight. It's more trimmed, oddly EQ'd for some tracks, has added high-frequency distortion, and the one track I was most hopeful for (My Bonnie with the German intro) [edit- I meant the '62 vocal version of Sweet Georgia Brown] was copied verbatim from Beatles Bop, peak limiting and all. You owe me $9.70 LR! :lol: Needless to say, the sources I used for the Sheridan sessions will stay.
Last edited by masterjedi on Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

masterjedi wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:22 am
Lord Reith wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:40 am A really good source for the Sheridan stuff is the Tony Sheridan and the Beatles dvd. It has them in 48k PCM, no limiting.
So, I bought The Beatles with Tony Sheridan DVD off of ebay, and ripped it tonight. It's more trimmed, oddly EQ'd for some tracks, has added high-frequency distortion, and the one track I was most hopeful for (My Bonnie with the German intro) was copied verbatim from Beatles Bop, peak limiting and all. You owe me $9.70 LR! :lol: Needless to say, the sources I used for the Sheridan sessions will stay.
Dang. I ordered this DVD on eBay as well. Hasn't arrived yet. FWIW, I paid $0.99 + $3.99 for shipping. Price-wise, I couldn't seay "no," but already I'm feeling let-down.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

20YearsAgo wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:37 am
So, I bought The Beatles with Tony Sheridan DVD off of ebay, and ripped it tonight. It's more trimmed, oddly EQ'd for some tracks, has added high-frequency distortion, and the one track I was most hopeful for (My Bonnie with the German intro) was copied verbatim from Beatles Bop, peak limiting and all. You owe me $9.70 LR! :lol: Needless to say, the sources I used for the Sheridan sessions will stay.
Dang. I ordered this DVD on eBay as well. Hasn't arrived yet. FWIW, I paid $0.99 + $3.99 for shipping. Price-wise, I couldn't seay "no," but already I'm feeling let-down.
Erm, it has like two hours of really interesting interviews about Hamburg too.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

20YearsAgo wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:37 am
I'm sure the content's fine. And as I said, the price was right.
masterjedi

Re: Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 2 available now)

Post by masterjedi »

Oops, actually it was Sweet Georgia Brown with the original 1962 vocal that was lifted from Beatles Bop. Thanks to Track06 for pointing out the error!
lennonology

Post by lennonology »

Masterjedi - I'm bumping my question.

RE: Complete Recording Sessions Vol. 2

In your notes you mention that the 'Take It Off' (HMC) "has de-noising removed."

Just how does one go about doing this without more processing - isn't it baked into the source file?

Thanks -

CM
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

The DVD version of My Bonnie is way less compressed and limited than the one you used:

DVD

Beatle Bop and Complete Recording Sessions:

Not such a waste of money then. :P
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
jpgrcat

Post by jpgrcat »

On My version of Vol 1

My Bonnie Intro [German] [Stereo] :32
My Bonnie Intro [English] [Stereo] :32
My Bonnie [Fast]

The Intros, can be re-edited to make Longer version, but kept them separate... :mrgreen:

I have the DVD, somewhere...Not sure if it's still sealed
Huge Beatles Fan & collector Anything Beatles/Solo related,

which includes NEMS, Apple, Dark Horse, Ring'O, & MPL Labels

Beach Boys/Related, & The Byrds/CSNY/Related..& many other acts
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:38 am The DVD version of My Bonnie is way less compressed and limited than the one you used:

DVD

Beatle Bop and Complete Recording Sessions:

Not such a waste of money then. :P
See a couple of posts back. I made a mistake. It was Sweet Georgia Brown with the '62 vocal that was lifted from Beatles Bop. And the German My Bonnie was edited onto the body differently, so it could have used the English version for the main part.