Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 13 V2 available)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
magoocus

Re: Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 5 available now)

Post by magoocus »

Thanks again!
Track06

Post by Track06 »

Thanks for one I need to listen to immediately. I don't understand how to use hum for speed correction on 1+ generation recordings. How to know at which generation the hum was introduced?
Last edited by Track06 on Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LFSDoc

Re: Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 4 available now)

Post by LFSDoc »

masterjedi wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:07 pm Volume 5 is now up! See original post for link.

Highlights include the continuation of the Anthology DVD outtakes medley with greatly reduced reverb, and the I Feel Fine take 8 snippet with the voiceover removed. Enjoy!
thanks so much! You probably noticed yourself but the second snippet of the pre take 1 of She's A Woman has chat and instrument noodling coming from a different session, by the sound of the drums I would say some recording from Pepper or later...
cheers
Doc
zappaf78

Post by zappaf78 »

I'm enjoying this set, but I'm not sure if there was a glitch on I Feel Fine takes 1-2 (2:58-3:00).
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

Hello, Thanks for the share. :D Will an artwork follow for volume 5 ? :?:
Ken_peps

Post by Ken_peps »

Thank you!
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

csnyfan wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:37 am Yay for another one, thanks!

Rock & Roll Music from Revolver TV could be improved with declipping before EQ etc. I think I did that at some point but can't find it anymore.
I did try declipping first, but didn't hear any improvement, so didn't end up doing it. I'll take another look!
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

Track06 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:58 pm Thanks for one I need to listen to immediately. I don't understand how to use hum for speed correction on 1+ generation recordings. How to know at what generation the hum was introduced?
The hum is usually strongest from an open mic, but you're right, on rare occasion the hum from subsequent poor dubbing can overwhelm the original hum. It's always best to have another means of verification.
masterjedi

Re: Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 4 available now)

Post by masterjedi »

LFSDoc wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:21 pm
masterjedi wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:07 pm Volume 5 is now up! See original post for link.

Highlights include the continuation of the Anthology DVD outtakes medley with greatly reduced reverb, and the I Feel Fine take 8 snippet with the voiceover removed. Enjoy!
thanks so much! You probably noticed yourself but the second snippet of the pre take 1 of She's A Woman has chat and instrument noodling coming from a different session, by the sound of the drums I would say some recording from Pepper or later...
cheers
Doc
It does, as does much of the Rockband chat. Some of it can be isolated, but not all, so I decided to leave it as is.
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

zappaf78 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:09 pm I'm enjoying this set, but I'm not sure if there was a glitch on I Feel Fine takes 1-2 (2:58-3:00).
During the a is "Says So"? Not a glitch, but probably some distortion there. I'm guessing it's on the studio tape like that.