Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 13 V2 available)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
batdude98

Re: Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 4 available now)

Post by batdude98 »

masterjedi wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:13 pm
batdude98 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:13 pm Pardon me, sir, but is there any way you might post a version with the snippets and IBC material integrated into the main set by recording date?

If not, it will be sort of fun to incorporate everything myself, but I thought I might ask.
I don't have plans to do this myself, out of personal preference, but I bet some others here would appreciate the effort if you want to share when you're done.

-Gary
hxxps://we.tl/t-b3Bw1nxOlE

Just a quick-and-dirty renumbering and collating but I hope folks appreciate it!
hallucalation

Post by hallucalation »

masterjedi wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:13 pm
batdude98 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:13 pm Pardon me, sir, but is there any way you might post a version with the snippets and IBC material integrated into the main set by recording date?

If not, it will be sort of fun to incorporate everything myself, but I thought I might ask.
I don't have plans to do this myself, out of personal preference, but I bet some others here would appreciate the effort if you want to share when you're done.

-Gary

How is work going on on Beatles For Sale sessions?

What's the plans? Since Csnyfan covered 1965-1967 period, after Help you planning to skip right up to WA?
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

Thank you for Vol.4.
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

hallucalation wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:13 pm How is work going on on Beatles For Sale sessions?

What's the plans? Since Csnyfan covered 1965-1967 period, after Help you planning to skip right up to WA?
Work on BFS has been slow going. I've spent way too much time on getting the Anthology DVD snippets and laserdisc snippets edited back together seamlessly. They are a real mess.

I haven't even started to look at the periods Csnyfan has covered already, but I'm assuming it will be much less work if any. I'm just taking them one at a time right now.
RunoutGroove

Post by RunoutGroove »

Thanks very much Masterjedi, your work is so valued. Like Adambound and Lord Reith's recent work, it's a pleasure to listen to something improved or even completely new.
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

fantastic volume 4 MasterJedi ! thank you for all your work and to all the team with you... :)
This is such a tremendous collection.

It's a pleasure to listen to each opening note of "A Hard Day's Night".

I'm very curious about "No Reply". I'm a huge fan of this song; what is the source ? Anthology - in that case, did you rework it ? Is it a composite using the bits and pieces from rockband ? (I remember a false start or short piece of "No Reply").

"This Boy" is also one of my favorite. If the melody of the verses could remind me songs like "It's Only Love" or "Yes It Is", John puts all his passionate vocals during the bridge; which is IMHO amazing, musically and from a vocal point of ear(s). Especially during the live performance.
I remember in the TV series Ally McBeal, they did a cover of this song.
It just give me the chills, even in 1973 when he re-recorded To Know Her Is To Love Her and sung it "from outwhere" like a funeral dirge.
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

Rupert Pupkin wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:18 am fantastic volume 4 MasterJedi ! thank you for all your work and to all the team with you... :)
This is such a tremendous collection.

It's a pleasure to listen to each opening note of "A Hard Day's Night".

I'm very curious about "No Reply". I'm a huge fan of this song; what is the source ? Anthology - in that case, did you rework it ? Is it a composite using the bits and pieces from rockband ? (I remember a false start or short piece of "No Reply").
Thank you sir! The No Reply studio demo is from the 2011 remaster of Anthology. I don't think I did anything to it. There are bunch of No Reply outtake snippets coming up in the next installment, as those were recorded at a later date.
podman

Post by podman »

Thank you Masterjedi for your meticulous and outstanding work.
Ants

Post by Ants »

Thanks a lot for these, I've always loved the Complete Recording Sessions series. :D

Are you also planning on doing reconstructions based on the Rock Band stems (as csnyfan does)?
Some tracks need oopsing and/or spectral editing, which, I must admit, often are really hard to master.
The Rubber Soul album has a lot of interesting stuff in that sense (but the stems are quite... messy).
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

Ants wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:03 pm Thanks a lot for these, I've always loved the Complete Recording Sessions series. :D

Are you also planning on doing reconstructions based on the Rock Band stems (as csnyfan does)?
Some tracks need oopsing and/or spectral editing, which, I must admit, often are really hard to master.
The Rubber Soul album has a lot of interesting stuff in that sense (but the stems are quite... messy).
Absolutely! If we can perfectly get to a lesser take number by manipulating a multitrack recording, I'm all for including it.