Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 13 V2 available)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Antonio218

Re: Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 8 available now)

Post by Antonio218 »

Many Thanks MasterJedi. Great!!!
Sheldi

Post by Sheldi »

Thank you x
harrythebannister

Post by harrythebannister »

Abso bloody lutely fan f*cking tastic.....cheers! :)
Last edited by harrythebannister on Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rondordrecht193

Post by Rondordrecht193 »

WOW .... thank you!!! so much better then the SDE ...!!! :lol:
vinylwall

Post by vinylwall »

masterjedi wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:54 am Volume 8... a beautiful transfer of the unique stereo tracks from the Y&T reel-to-reel by Jimi Ray...
Very cool!!! Glad they are of use.

Jimi Ray
bsizzy_27

Post by bsizzy_27 »

masterjedi wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:54 am Volume 8 is uploading now. Link is in the first post. Please feel free to provide feedback about anything no matter how small. I consider these a work in progress, so any suggestions are welcome. Did I get a date wrong? Did I miss an overdub not present in the released versions? Is there a count-in I overlooked? Do you have a beat on a better source? I'd love to hear about it.

Highlights of this volume included an unbootlegged upgrade of Rain originally given to us by Revolver TV (thanks to a generous group of patrons who prefer to remain anonymous), a beautiful transfer of the unique stereo tracks from the Y&T reel-to-reel by Jimi Ray, and some fixes to the Revolver Super Deluxe outakes.
An early Chrimble present to everyone... Looking forward to listen while working today! Thank you! :D
csnyfan

Post by csnyfan »

Superb!

IWTTY: I think the "Laxton Superb" announcement should be tacked on to chat before take 1 rather than take 4?
TNK tk 1: I have no clue where exactly coltturkey got that bass noodling from, and I agree that it does not belong before take 1, but I would argue that it absolutely comes from the same session. The guitar note heard with the bass is unique. It may be from after Take 1, as there is a conspicous fingerprint of tones and hums that match those from before and after take 1 on the SDE (likely from the leslie guitar speaker audible on the intro to take 1).
TNK tk 3: The isolated backwards guitar from McCartney 3, 2, 1 lends itself nicely for a collage of overdubs on track 3 (one line is even unused in any other mix, sadly I haven't been able to put it into context yet), along with the jangle piano that I recently isolated.
AYBCS: McCartney 3, 2, 1 has two different mixes and edits, both with the original ending to take 10, as found in RM6. There is no 'third' ending. The mix you chose just removes a phrase before the crashing ending. Luckily, the second version has the true ending after the comment "we get to the solo" that is excised on the first version, so a composite with the complete ending can be created from 3,2,1. The mixes don't match, but it should be possible to get something decent.

I've put together these so far:
1966-04-22 Tomorrow Never Knows [Take 3 - Track 3 Jangle Piano]
1966-05-09 For No One [Take 10 - Live Basic Track]
1966-06-01 Yellow Submarine [Abbey Road Sound Effects Tape Vol 46 - Le Rêve Passe]

I'll write up more when I notice it.
Also have you received the remade demix of Yesterday Take 2 (with studio noises left intact)?
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

Many many thanks for this one! Great project!
Yves
hkb

Post by hkb »

thanks for all
dascottjr

Post by dascottjr »

Been waiting for this one.... Excellent work, and thank you for the exceptional organization, cleanup, and finding of sources. And to think, between this and Pepper, we used to have the least amount of alternates to work with!