Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 13 V2 available)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
yymca6

Re: Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 1 V3 available now)

Post by yymca6 »

maul wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:49 pm
oh it's much more complicated 🤔 :? 🤕 : Lewisohn 'version' (April 18, 1965 (RM1-3 from Take 12)) clashes a little with Winn, according to which there are two RM4: on April 18 Barrett reported 3 mono remixes as RM2-RM3-RM4, thus the final remix for Single/LP should be called RM4 #2 ;)
------
may RM1 be the rough mix made on April 13? or this 'rough mix' mentioned only by Winn never existed?
That might explain what appears in PC's inside art. It says that RM4#2 from Take 13 is the mix used for the mono LP. That would corroborate what is mentioned in HS BTB (that Take 13 would be RM1 from Take 13 done on April 13)
maul wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:49 pm ------
Winn himself changed his mind; now he thinks that 'RM4' were used in the Film and that of production acetate is a Mono reduction of RS1 :roll:
So RM4 #2 from June 18 would be the mix used for the film, the single and the LP?
Yves
maul

Post by maul »

yymca6 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:58 pm
maul wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:49 pm oh it's much more complicated 🤔 :? 🤕 : Lewisohn 'version' (April 18, 1965 (RM1-3 from Take 12)) clashes a little with Winn, according to which there are two RM4: on April 18 Barrett reported 3 mono remixes as RM2-RM3-RM4, thus the final remix for Single/LP should be called RM4 #2 ;)
------
may RM1 be the rough mix made on April 13? or this 'rough mix' mentioned only by Winn never existed?
That might explain what appears in PC's inside art. It says that RM4#2 from Take 13 is the mix used for the mono LP. That would corroborate what is mentioned in HS BTB (that Take 13 would be RM1 from Take 13 done on April 13)
maul wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:49 pm ------
Winn himself changed his mind; now he thinks that 'RM4' were used in the Film and that of production acetate is a Mono reduction of RS1 :roll:
So RM4 #2 from June 18 would be the mix used for the film, the single and the LP?
1) I don't think PC is correct naming a 'take 13': we know that Take 12 is the final take... as far as I know 'take 13' is only a 'moniker' for a Roger Scott alternative stereo remix (of Take 12)...

2) HS BTB supports Winn 1st version:
Production Acetate= RM4 (#1)
Film Mix= RMx (unknown remix)

3)So... According to Winn 1
Production Acetate= RM4 (#1)
Film Mix= RMx (unknown remix)
Single/LP= RM4 #2

4)Winn 2 is slightly different:
Production Acetate= Mono copy of RS1
Film Mix= RM4 (#1)
Single/LP= RM4 #2
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

maul wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:10 am 4)Winn 2 is slightly different:
This seems unlikely to me. The kick drum after the intro is mixed out in the production acetate.

Not sure why it ever got called RM3, probably just should have not labeled it with an RM, since we can't be sure.
maul

Post by maul »

masterjedi wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:49 am
maul wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:10 am 4)Winn 2 is slightly different:
This seems unlikely to me. The kick drum after the intro is mixed out in the production acetate.
Not sure why it ever got called RM3, probably just should have not labeled it with an RM, since we can't be sure.
Yes, it's a pity 😭 not having more details/references on these Help! sessions in order to build a 'solid' 💪 theory
Tootai

Re: Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 8 available now)

Post by Tootai »

Darth Kybiel wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:25 am
csnyfan wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:02 am
Darth Kybiel wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:43 am

Everyone can do it on most session tape bootlegs, normalize the silent gaps that look like there's no sound there at all. There will 20% of the time be talk, count ins or what was originally on the reel to reel before being recorded over if rehearsals were recorded first. Also if you take short bits at a time of reels rewinding and fastforwarding you can find some fragments of unbootlegged material as well, like the Sexy Sadie tape that has f*ck a Duckie on it. The fast forwarding slowed down gives portions of jams and takes not at normal speed. It's not a lot but it is not the same as surrounding material.
The recorded tape rewinds are one thing, and while fixing the playback speed is doable, the quality will be abysmal at best.

Amplifying the tape noise already was a silly concept the last time you brought it up. In most cases, I would expect any residual signal to be magnetic print-through of the next tape round from long storage on a tape spool. That means, nothing new.

Extraordinary claims ask for extraordinary evidence. You'll have to prove there is something 'new' to the silent noise sections, not vice versa. Compare what you find to what is known from the tape and then we're talking.
Um, you are referring to the early stages of uncovering the material. We've expanded to a Philadelphia, Pennsylvania building where we have 20 people working on demixing and upgrading and matching the sound quality to match with the sound to surrounding audio of everything while demixing that into stereo as well. Shooting for a stereo version of a longer Sexy Sadie session tape matching the monitor mix tape by April. Might present a 40 second Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds reheasal recording by February. with a three stage example of 'how wrong' you claim I am. LOL. By the way - My group Bio Factory has slowly released it's third single Bored Games on all the digital music sites this week. Our second album is halfway finished. Our first album When Worlds Collide from last year is still available on all digital download sites as well. along with three EP's and other singles.
Dude, you're delusional. Years and years of batshit crazy lies.
Ants

Post by Ants »

Tootai wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:36 pm Dude, you're delusional. Years and years of batshit crazy lies.
The thing I don't understand is that some of his posts are totally fine.
Some other have a lot of misinformation and wrong facts.
harrylime

Post by harrylime »

A broken clock is right twice a day.
bsizzy_27

Post by bsizzy_27 »

Out of nowhere, for volume 5, the count in for "Lose That Girl" popped in my head for a possible mix variation... I know it's not musical per se :? but I can't think of the song without it... along with the "Seville" recording at the end credits... again, the Beatles don't do anything musical but I find it funny to listen to :lol: "I Need You by George Harrison"! :lol: :lol:
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

harrylime wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:25 pm A broken clock is right twice a day.
Not if the hour and minute hands are missing. Dude is more pathological than Martin Shkreli. Let's not feed the board troll any more.
Last edited by masterjedi on Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

bsizzy_27 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:30 pm Out of nowhere, for volume 5, the count in for "Lose That Girl" popped in my head for a possible mix variation... I know it's not musical per se :? but I can't think of the song without it... along with the "Seville" recording at the end credits... again, the Beatles don't do anything musical but I find it funny to listen to :lol: "I Need You by George Harrison"! :lol: :lol:
I too have a soft spot for those, but maybe they are best left in the context of the movie. Where was Barber of Seville recorded, BTW?