Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 13 V2 available)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
HannibalTwin8

Re: Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 8 available now)

Post by HannibalTwin8 »

AWESOME! Thank you!
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

thank so much! this is such a brilliant work! I hope that everybody can download it because the google-drive quota for this file seems to have been reached for some hours at least. Thanks so much to the team behind this tremendous series, MasterJedi, and I'm constantly amazed by csnyfan skills with his amazing remix (your White For Fun 2022 set is mind-blowing, and the Revolver mixes are totally kick ass!

if you read us CharlesHawtrey and could add the Vol.8 to your beautiful series of artwork that would be great! :)
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

for those who are still burning these set on CD-R (I use to burn it on vintage-vinyl-like CDR); an advice about the best way to split this set on 2 Cds.
Which track should open Disc 2 ?
Alessandro Rocchi

Post by Alessandro Rocchi »

If you choose to burn the Shea overdubs as well 2 cdr's won't be enough. You need 3. :geek:
Ale.
danlego

Post by danlego »

Many thanks for your beautiful music.
Gilbeatle

Post by Gilbeatle »

Thanks !!! :) :)
csnyfan

Post by csnyfan »

Up for discussion: The announcement for IOS tk 1 should move to before the beginning of the instrumental take (5).

Both the IOS vibes rehearsal and IOS takes 1-5 (these are the ones with guide vocal, I presum) appear to be dated April 28 on the tape box. The chronology of the listing on the tape box indicates that the ER tape reduction came first, then the IOS rehearsal, which was finally mostly wiped by takes 1-5.

Takes 1-11 are dated April 27 on the Barret logs and the SDE book. Does anyone have a photo of that tape box (E59748)?

So were the instrumental takes first, then they recorded new takes with guide vocal, only to move forward with the older instrumental takes?

Also, the master take as found on IOS RM1 appears to need a whopping 17 % speed increase (give or take a little) to bring it to the speed it was recorded at. I compared the spectral fingerprint of the cymbals as they have fixed pitch, and found a good match between that and the SDE take 5. I'll try to get the backing track at that speed...
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

Rupert Pupkin wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:50 am for those who are still burning these set on CD-R (I use to burn it on vintage-vinyl-like CDR); an advice about the best way to split this set on 2 Cds.
Which track should open Disc 2 ?
yes I will burn everything :mrgreen: but regarding the studio sessions, what are your suggestion to split the studio "stuff" into 2 CDs. Which song to start CD2 ? :?:
rhino

Post by rhino »

Thanks very much masterjedi !!!
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

csnyfan and MasterJedi, these sessions are amazing. I love the isolation mixes; especially these wonderful vocal harmonies + Paul's vocals on Here, There and Everywhere; and this track with Paul talking recently about Here, There And Everywhere (did you emphasize the vocals near the end where we can hear John ?)
Sure, the guitar and melody inspired later John for "Woman".
The Tomorrow Never Knows track with George Martin shows that the seagull sound (nice to have isolated it) and Ringo's drumming is pre-rock-progressive and that Pink Floyd's part "Syncopated Pandemonium" on A Saucerful Of Secrets is an obvious tribute to this song. Same for the Jupiter's nearby seagulls on "Echoes".
Did you boost the vocals or tweak the track of Eleanor Rigby take 2 ? It sounds better than the Revolver deluxe track (the violins, and George (I & II) and Paul's comments)
Did you skip John's studio demo from "Yellow Submarine" because it did not take place at Abbey Road ?

Will you include your csnyfan mixes (For No One, etc...) ? that you shared on csnyfan's projects ?

sorry that means a LOT of questions, but this set is fantastic :oops: ;)