Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 13 V2 available)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Rupert Pupkin

Re: Complete Recording Sessions NEW UPDATES (Vol. 4 available now)

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

MasterJedi, so far it was not possible to reconstruct a partial "new" take with the bits and pieces from the rockband material ? you know these bits and pieces which were compiled for instance on the YELLOW CHATTER CUSTARD :?:

oh, and regarding the artwork; although I really enjoy the layout of this series (did you make the artwork Cold Turkey ?) I think that it would be great to take a rare but great photo contemporary to each volume (from the same year than the session) so that each volume would have a great front photo artwork (and inside a photo would be great)- and of course keeping the original layout.

Now that the Back To Basic series is outdated I want to replace it from my shelf with this amazing studio series.
Ants

Post by Ants »

masterjedi wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:42 pm
Ants wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:03 pm Thanks a lot for these, I've always loved the Complete Recording Sessions series. :D

Are you also planning on doing reconstructions based on the Rock Band stems (as csnyfan does)?
Some tracks need oopsing and/or spectral editing, which, I must admit, often are really hard to master.
The Rubber Soul album has a lot of interesting stuff in that sense (but the stems are quite... messy).
Absolutely! If we can perfectly get to a lesser take number by manipulating a multitrack recording, I'm all for including it.
I think it can be done with a lot of songs from Rock Band (like csnyfan did with Wait, Revolution, Good Morning Good Morning, etc.).
Perfectly or not, well... it depends on who works on them. I'm certainly not able to do that (despite trying several times).

I tried some time ago to do this with Think For Yourself... the drums sound, as you can hear, is quite bad (I really don't know how to use SpectraLayers properly):
hxxps://we.tl/t-74gD9X1tKx
Something like this is not really enjoyable.

I think the results csnyfan got are absolutely brilliant, and almost all of them are nearly perfect. I wonder how he can achieve that.
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

Ants wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:25 pm I tried some time ago to do this with Think For Yourself... the drums sound, as you can hear, is quite bad (I really don't know how to use SpectraLayers properly):
hxxps://we.tl/t-74gD9X1tKx
Something like this is not really enjoyable.

I think the results csnyfan got are absolutely brilliant, and almost all of them are nearly perfect. I wonder how he can achieve that.
Oh, I don't know, I enjoyed it! But yes, Csnyfan is in a league of his own.
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

Rupert Pupkin wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:58 am MasterJedi, so far it was not possible to reconstruct a partial "new" take with the bits and pieces from the rockband material ? you know these bits and pieces which were compiled for instance on the YELLOW CHATTER CUSTARD :?:
You'll just have to wait to see what's on the next volume!
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

masterjedi wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:34 am
Rupert Pupkin wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:58 am MasterJedi, so far it was not possible to reconstruct a partial "new" take with the bits and pieces from the rockband material ? you know these bits and pieces which were compiled for instance on the YELLOW CHATTER CUSTARD :?:
You'll just have to wait to see what's on the next volume!
cool :o :oops:
jamstubell

Post by jamstubell »

Hi - have been away from the bootleg forums for a bit. Tried the link on the first post but it seems inactive - are the volumes no longer available? Cheers
Yellowsubmarine

Post by Yellowsubmarine »

jamstubell wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:19 am Hi - have been away from the bootleg forums for a bit. Tried the link on the first post but it seems inactive - are the volumes no longer available? Cheers
It's active.

You just need to change hxxps:// with https://
jamstubell

Post by jamstubell »

Yellowsubmarine wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:17 pm
jamstubell wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:19 am Hi - have been away from the bootleg forums for a bit. Tried the link on the first post but it seems inactive - are the volumes no longer available? Cheers
It's active.

You just need to change hxxps:// with https://
Thank you Yellowsubmarine - have downloaded the 4 volumes and look forward to listening
pegboy

Post by pegboy »

Big thanks for all these.

I understand why the studio chat preceding "This Boy" take 12 has been moved — but is there a reason why the take 12 announcement is missing?
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

pegboy wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:51 am Big thanks for all these.

I understand why the studio chat preceding "This Boy" take 12 has been moved — but is there a reason why the take 12 announcement is missing?
Yes. Because it belongs to I Saw Her Standing There. Some ISHST outakes precede This Boy on the Anthology video outtakes montage, and somewhere along the line the take 12 announcement got attributed to This Boy, but comparison to the ISHST take 12 announcement shows they are identical.