Superb Premium CDs

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Kwai Chang

Re: Superb Premium CDs

Post by Kwai Chang »

alphabeatles wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:15 am Now, I've had a couple of questions about this series the whole time:
1. What does "Multitrack Remix & Remasters Stereo Remix" mean? It's a slightly nonsensical phrase. Were these sourced from Giles' work? Rock Band? Some other 5.1?

2. What does "Original Analog Master Stereo Mix" mean? Needledrops of '60s releases, transfers of the original master tapes, rehash of the 2009 remasters, what?

3. The isolated tracks obviously make sense for what they are, but where are they from?

(4.) These all sound very good, I just want to know if I/we already have this stuff under different names and artwork...
Nobody wants to drink diluted wine, but many will settle for Thunderbird. No, Thunderbird is not an ancient village in France! But I, too, have been waiting for your initial concern to be addressed. At the moment, I think the pea is under the shell on the left. Is your middle name 'DeltaTheta'.
Happy July 4!!!
Twilight's last gleaming?
KC

Expressed gratitude to davetuba, Mrbeatleg and, jun4001! Beautiful job!
Conrad

Post by Conrad »

Dear friend...thank you so much for your generosity.... :D
magoocus

Post by magoocus »

alphabeatles wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:15 am Thanks as always for the uploads of all this new stuff in a timely manner!

Now, I've had a couple of questions about this series the whole time:

What does "Multitrack Remix & Remasters Stereo Remix" mean? It's a slightly nonsensical phrase. Were these sourced from Giles' work? Rock Band? Some other 5.1?

What does "Original Analog Master Stereo Mix" mean? Needledrops of '60s releases, transfers of the original master tapes, rehash of the 2009 remasters, what?

The isolated tracks obviously make sense for what they are, but where are they from?

These all sound very good, I just want to know if I/we already have this stuff under different names and artwork...
You're supposed to compare them all for us and let us know. :mrgreen:
magoocus

Post by magoocus »

Dear Prudence Backing Tracks Instrumental Stereo Remix, track 2 on disc 3 of White Album Vol 2, is the 5.1 rear channels. I'm pretty sure the Back in the USSR "naked vocal" on Vol 1 is the center channel of the 5.1, same with DP "naked vocal." I haven't checked any others.
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

magoocus wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:22 pm Dear Prudence Backing Tracks Instrumental Stereo Remix, track 2 on disc 3 of White Album Vol 2, is the 5.1 rear channels. I'm pretty sure the Back in the USSR "naked vocal" on Vol 1 is the center channel of the 5.1, same with DP "naked vocal." I haven't checked any others.
Thanks, and I'm sure with some effort I or we can find the source of the rest.

Surely none of this stuff is new! Just newly repackaged...

UPDATE: I spot-checked some more and concluded these are indeed either straight selected isolations from the 5.1 or "play-George-Martin-at-home" remixes thereof.

On one hand it's rehash, on the other a convenience (and sometimes more work went into them and you get mixes not easily made yourself).

I was suspecting SGT of the same thing but some of those iso's seem to be unique, so I guess they live.
misterclaudel

Post by misterclaudel »

Thanks Mr Beatleg for all the ducks in a row.....I like having all the remixes or such in a nice packaged set or whatever....everyone is always picking shit apart like a Thanksgiving Turkey the next day trying to make a sandwich......There probably IS no new shit....if they do have any, it's locked up and Goofy swallowed the key....enjoy the rhythm of the Ride.....
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

misterclaudel wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:59 pmeveryone is always picking shit apart like a Thanksgiving Turkey the next day trying to make a sandwich
That's called being a discerning collector ;-)

If you're not one, that's fine too!

These sets are great for new collectors getting up to speed quickly. If you've been collecting for decades, it originally took a little longer to get to the same place... And of course such collectors would like to know if they already have the material. Nothing wrong with wanting that info or asking others about it.
misterclaudel

Post by misterclaudel »

alphabeatles wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:15 pm
misterclaudel wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:59 pmeveryone is always picking shit apart like a Thanksgiving Turkey the next day trying to make a sandwich
That's called being a discerning collector ;-)

If you're not one, that's fine too!

These sets are great for new collectors getting up to speed quickly. If you've been collecting for decades, it originally took a little longer to get to the same place... And of course such collectors would like to know if they already have the material. Nothing wrong with wanting that info or asking others about it.
It's being like is this dress red or orange....I guess I'm not a discerning collector.....I'm ashamed.....I like what I like and what I like I listen to.....I have been collecting Since maybe 2009.....I enjoy what I likes o sue me if I can't tell if John played a different note or George couched at 2.34 seconds....I'm not THAT kind of collector....I just enjoy the different mixes and I am who I am....like I said enjoy the rhythm of the ride...
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Man, I'm way older than I thought!
My wife always asks "which dress do you like the best"?
My answer never varies!
("The one on the floor")
Things have gotten real good for Beatleg collector's.
The gratitude belongs to everyone but, WilliamShears deserves a First Rate Thank You!
And, don't worry! Magoocus didn't mean I'm supposed to let them know!
Happy 4th Of July!
Morrison 51 years ago, tomorrow!
Star Spangle Guitar!!!
KC
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

misterclaudel wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:37 amIt's being like is this dress red or orange.... I just enjoy the different mixes
OK I get it now! The same mixes in different dresses! That's what I've been trying to say ;-)