New Blue Soap - The MONO Edition [2022] - January 3rd Update

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
batdude98

Re: New Blue Soap - The MONO Edition [2022] - January 3rd Update

Post by batdude98 »

dumbchops wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:42 pm I had a lot of fun making the "stereo" version because I wanted to hear it that way. Sorry, just been bored with this whole thing.

That's totally understandable...

What I'm wondering is whether you or some other enterprising member of our community has been able to note down which performances were included in the get back documentary and which were included in say, the original Let It Be film and the Anthology series, so folks can make their own complete soundtracks?
Doug

Post by Doug »

bobzilla wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:21 am Who says we can't start our own numbering system? The most recent DDSI is now 15 years old. Maybe it's time for an update. NBS numbering is where it's at. :D
Because 98% of the available audio is exactly the same as the audio that was available 15 years ago.
Golem

Post by Golem »

I kinda like the idea of reworking the numbers, it isnt a top priority, but it would be nice to have a system that acknowledges everything

weren't the og ddsi numbers updated multiple times? plus I think the order has changed a bit since, and its a bit confusing when you look at it now
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

Yeah the DDSI numbers have been periodically updated by Doug Sulpy as more audio/information has come to light. Different editions of his book therefore have differences in the numbers. Can't see an easy way around that, to be honest - always ref the most recent set. I know when last year's Get Back came out, there was new info as regards the dates of some of the recordings, so the numbering is needing a further refinement at some point. A new system would really only replicate the latest numbers we already have.
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

Since Doug has done a tremendous job of listing and numbering everything that came out first and then updating the numbers as new tracks appeared, I personally think it would not be wise to throw it all away. It would be IMHO insulting not to acknowledge the quality and the immense work already done. Just like one was saying « OK I’ll enter all his numbers in an Excel file and change them for new ones » and then getting rave reviews for doing so. Sorry folks I don’t agree.
Yves