Get Back - Master from Andrea

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
20YearsAgo

Re: Get Back - Master from Andrea

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Fast lucky wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:57 pm Ok, fine. I did not make a mistake...
You did fine!!!
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

This appears to be the last disc of Thirty Days, with added distortion, some poor eq, heavy noise reduction, and added clicks. Even the dropouts are in the same place! :roll:
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

masterjedi wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:36 pm This appears to be the last disc of Thirty Days, with added distortion, some poor eq, heavy noise reduction, and added clicks. Even the dropouts are in the same place! :roll:
Added clicks? Would that indicate this comes from a subsequent playing of the same acetate Thirty Days used? Or did the bootlegger take the Thirty Days transfer and botched it up some to make it look different?

In either case, I appreciate that you looked into this for us!
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

20YearsAgo wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:52 pm
masterjedi wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:36 pm This appears to be the last disc of Thirty Days, with added distortion, some poor eq, heavy noise reduction, and added clicks. Even the dropouts are in the same place! :roll:
Added clicks? Would that indicate this comes from a subsequent playing of the same acetate Thirty Days used? Or did the bootlegger take the Thirty Days transfer and botched it up some to make it look different?

In either case, I appreciate that you looked into this for us!
I'm not of the opinion that these tracks from 30 Days are from acetate. And yes, most likely the clicks were added. There's even a fade-out where the clicks continue.
gonchichi

Post by gonchichi »

Fast lucky wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:47 pm More about the story over here :
hxxps://www.discjapan.com/product/beatles-the-g ... non-label/
Thanks for sharing. Product description by the boot shop says "Liner notes that cannot be read without tears are recorded (printed?) inside the sleeve." Do you happen to have a copy of the liner notes?

BTW, according to https://www.giginjapan.com/paul-mccartn ... the-wings/ , Andrea was the originator of the IMP label, and the label illustration was hers.
Last edited by gonchichi on Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

They used 30 days as the main source for the other one, "Real Glyn Johns Mix", here they used the vinyl sent by Andrea.

I will scan the inner sleeve and post it.
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

If I understand the full story, they mostly used disc 17 of 30 days for "Real Glyn Johns Mix". They also say that the source is a safety master tape completed with an acetate. They say that Andrea's boot was cut from the safety Master to the lacquer board in 1983 or 1984.
gonchichi

Post by gonchichi »

Fast lucky wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:12 am They used 30 days as the main source for the other one, "Real Glyn Johns Mix", here they used the vinyl sent by Andrea.

I will scan the inner sleeve and post it.
I found the liner notes on line.(I could read it without tears :D ) I hope your scan will have higher resolution.
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

hxxps://we.tl/t-7YLtxJY0yD

xx = tt

Sorry for the delay, busy busy busy ...

Here are the scans of the inner-cover, disc and obi. The boot being a 7", the inner-sleeve is larger than the size of my scanner ... That's why I did in two parts. I made a cover using those scans afterwards, printed it and scanned it. It is added as well. Choose what you deem fit for you.
gonchichi

Post by gonchichi »

Fast lucky wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:25 am hxxps://we.tl/t-7YLtxJY0yD

xx = tt

Sorry for the delay, busy busy busy ...

Here are the scans of the inner-cover, disc and obi. The boot being a 7", the inner-sleeve is larger than the size of my scanner ... That's why I did in two parts. I made a cover using those scans afterwards, printed it and scanned it. It is added as well. Choose what you deem fit for you.
Thank you Fast lucky for taking your time. The scans are fun to watch, and the liner notes made me a little nostalgic.

If I understand correctly, Get Back Master From Andrea was cut about 40 years ago when the safety copy was not so demagnetized, so it's more fresh and dynamic. Real Glyn Johns Mix was digitized from the safety copy lately, so the tape was demagnetized to some extent, but it has no scratch noise. That's the reason they released the two versions.