Get Back - Master from Andrea

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
ianbuckers

Re: Get Back - Master from Andrea

Post by ianbuckers »

BradPuett wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:44 pm
beatlesnyttigt wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:29 pm BradPuett - here it is on WeTransfer
hXXps://we.tl/t-Wkbn9xWoub
Cheers :) Robert
Oh, and Opera is available for Mac (but I never tried it) and there's another new fast and safe open source browser called Brave Browser that was recommended to me (I've downloaded it but haven't tried it yet, hXXps://brave.com)
I have tried Brave Browser … Same results as Chrome (it actually feels like it's a version of Chrome) … No joy …
Most browsers are based on the open source browser Chromium delvelolped by Google which is what underpins the similarly named Chrome which is Google's freeware (not not open source) web browser.
Norm Deplume

Post by Norm Deplume »

gonchichi wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:03 am If I understand correctly, Get Back Master From Andrea was cut about 40 years ago when the safety copy was not so demagnetized, so it's more fresh and dynamic. Real Glyn Johns Mix was digitized from the safety copy lately, so the tape was demagnetized to some extent, but it has no scratch noise. That's the reason they released the two versions.
This is a load of nonsense! A cut acetate disk starts deteriorating the minute it's cut. A scratch 40-year-old acetate doesn't sound better than a tape source just because it was cut loud back then. There's no "demagnetization" that you are going to hear on a vault tape that has been played 50+ years. You'd need instruments just to measure what little loss occurs between when the tape is created and when it's played back years later.

Norm
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

BradPuett wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:52 am
MrP wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:53 am If you have not tried already, try an alternate browser

BradPuett wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:29 am

I understand ... I've tried downloading using dereferer links, and it will not connect for me ... I am unable to figure out why, but have attempted it at least 25 times to no avail ... That's why I always post, asking for a Mega or WeTransfer link, which always works that way ... Thanks!
I'm on a Macintosh, and I've tried both Safari and Chrome ... No joy ... Neither Turbo nor dereferer work for me, every other one does ...
Never had problems with Deferer on Safari. Just open the the provided link in a new tab and wait 'till the We Transfer page opens and voila.
Yves
Norm Deplume

Post by Norm Deplume »

Norm Deplume wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:04 pm
gonchichi wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:03 am If I understand correctly, Get Back Master From Andrea was cut about 40 years ago when the safety copy was not so demagnetized, so it's more fresh and dynamic. Real Glyn Johns Mix was digitized from the safety copy lately, so the tape was demagnetized to some extent, but it has no scratch noise. That's the reason they released the two versions.
This is a load of nonsense! A cut acetate disk starts deteriorating the minute it's cut. A scratched 40-year-old acetate doesn't sound better than a tape source just because it was cut loud back then. There's no "demagnetization" that you are going to hear on a vault tape that hasn't been played 50+ years. You'd need instruments just to measure what little loss occurs between when the tape is created and when it's played back years later.

Norm
BradPuett

Post by BradPuett »

yymca6 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:36 pm
BradPuett wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:52 am
MrP wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:53 am If you have not tried already, try an alternate browser

I'm on a Macintosh, and I've tried both Safari and Chrome ... No joy ... Neither Turbo nor dereferer work for me, every other one does ...
Never had problems with Dereferer on Safari. Just open the the provided link in a new tab and wait 'till the WeTransfer page opens and voilà.
I wish I could say that process works for me, but it doesn't ... It may be that the DNS is somehow to blame, but I haven't figured it out yet ...
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

thanks for this.....
Chris
tulirepo

Post by tulirepo »

gonchichi wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:13 am
Fast lucky wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:12 am They used 30 days as the main source for the other one, "Real Glyn Johns Mix", here they used the vinyl sent by Andrea.

I will scan the inner sleeve and post it.
I found the liner notes on line.(I could read it without tears :D ) I hope your scan will have higher resolution.
The liner notes are somewhat confusing. Did this said Andrea have two DIFFERENT acetates of the Get Back album in her possession? As far as I know (can someone confirm?) Wizardo's Let It Be 315 is NOT the same version as found on disc 17 of 30 days and here. :?:
gonchichi

Post by gonchichi »

tulirepo wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:31 pm The liner notes are somewhat confusing. Did this said Andrea have two DIFFERENT acetates of the Get Back album in her possession? As far as I know (can someone confirm?) Wizardo's Let It Be 315 is NOT the same version as found on disc 17 of 30 days and here. :?:
Hi tulirepo,

Although the linernotes are confusing, you seems to be making some misunderstanding...

According to 'Get Back' bootleg discography attached to 'Get Back - Real Glyn Johns Mix' released together with 'Get Back - Master from Andrea', Andrea (Vicki) made 2 different stampers using her safety copy of the master tape in 1984: One (A) with the wrong pitch, and the other (B) with the correct one.

Stamper B was only used for test pressing to make some sample LPs, some of which were sent to Japan. ('Get Back - Master From Andrea' was ripped from one of them.)

Stamper A was used for 'Get Back Masters' (Box Top Records 1987) , and later used for 'Get Back Journals' Disc 11 (TMOQ 1988). Another version of 'Get Back Journals' Disc 11 also exists which were pressed from a re-cut stamper. Vicki's stamper has "GN" in the run-off matrix.

I can't read the explanation about 'Thirty Days' Disc 17 well because the scan is too blurry. I wish Fast lucky or somebody could provide a higher resolution scan...

edit: I found another picture in which you can read the characters more clearly :)
Attachments
20211125_5f9b0c.jpg
20211125_5f9b0c.jpg (93.24 KiB) Viewed 714 times
1969 Get Back essential discography.jpg
1969 Get Back essential discography.jpg (335.68 KiB) Viewed 714 times
Last edited by gonchichi on Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Thanks to gonchichi for that graphic!
Man, talk about deification!
A box of tapes that The Beatles wanted thrown into the trash bin now sits on the highest of pedestals. And, to understand it all, will only guarantee that the ascent will be ongoing. NO marketing strategy or think tank wizardry could have accomplished such enigmatic hoodoo staying power. Allen Klein deserves Producer's credit for this. Glyn had his chance. But, he was on salary. And, if there's any logic about it, there must be a box that contains the REAL best tracks which were ALWAYS safe and still waiting for the right moment. THAT will be overseen by Universal...because nobody would believe it and, so far, it's still labeled 'incorrectly'. I can foresee that reel actually going into the trash. Maybe, it's labeled 'The Candle Burns' or the like.
But, I'm trying to cut this to a minimum...and for the sake of empirical methodology...THE BEST of these many clever rarities are the two in the center of the top row. Tonto vinyl(YELLOW label with Tonto logo approximately 3/4" X 1/2" in black ink) NO OTHER TONTO Labels are to be considered. They were White label with Tonto in black...2 different large logos were used. The 2nd BEST pressing sounded as good as the yellow Tonto is Box Top Records in the generic cover with a Kodak paper photo glued to cover. THESE were made for inclusion in the From The Vaults box set. Strange but true!
Outtie!
KC
tulirepo

Post by tulirepo »

gonchichi wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:28 pm
tulirepo wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:31 pm The liner notes are somewhat confusing. Did this said Andrea have two DIFFERENT acetates of the Get Back album in her possession? As far as I know (can someone confirm?) Wizardo's Let It Be 315 is NOT the same version as found on disc 17 of 30 days and here. :?:
Hi tulirepo,

Although the linernotes are confusing, you seems to be making some misunderstanding...

According to 'Get Back' bootleg discography attached to 'Get Back - Real Glyn Johns Mix' released together with 'Get Back - Master from Andrea', Andrea (Vicki) made 2 different stampers using her safety copy of the master tape in 1984: One (A) with the wrong pitch, and the other (B) with the correct one.

Stamper B was only used for test pressing to make some sample LPs, some of which were sent to Japan. ('Get Back - Master From Andrea' was ripped from one of them.)

Stamper A was used for 'Get Back Masters' (Box Top Records 1987) , and later used for 'Get Back Journals' Disc 11 (TMOQ 1988). Another version of 'Get Back Journals' Disc 11 also exists which were pressed from a re-cut stamper. Vicki's stamper has "GN" in the run-off matrix.

I can't read the explanation about 'Thirty Days' Disc 17 well because the scan is too blurry. I wish Fast lucky or somebody could provide a higher resolution scan...

edit: I found another picture in which you can read the characters more clearly :)
Hi, gonchichi!

Thanks for that interesting scan from the Real Glyn Johns Mix. I am still confused about the connection to Wizardo. So the Wizardo LP WAS from a completely different source altogether? Unfortunately I cannot read the Japanese explanations on the picture.