New Blue Soap - 2022 update on 2020 project

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
dumbchops

Re: New Blue Soap (innerwreckdom) for a limited time only!

Post by dumbchops »

ringo9 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:27 pm Thanks!!!!!! and a couple of questions: 1. Are the bonus audio files for each day different mixes of material already on the main programme or is it new clips or what?

2. For the video side those of us without dvd player it's the last 3 files in the mega folder, right? Or also the compressed one? Also, does the stuff in the mega folder include the video links in the gdrive links?
Yes!!! I have internet again!!! How did we live before it existed?

Anyway, to answer some quick questions:

1) The BONUS audio files include slate calls from a different camera then what is on the main set and little bits of "ghost audio" at the end of the rolls. These files are not necessary at all, I just enjoyed making them for my own satisfaction. The simple answer is that they are "new clips" not covered by the main set.

2) The video side includes only one DVD (Let It Be Stereo) and is on Mega. The other videos are MP4s and are only on the Google Drive.
kontroller wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:47 pm dumbchops, a quick question - if I was up to date with all the various updates when this set was originally posted at BZ (and I'm reasonably confident that I was), is there anything new here, or is it the same as the final versions posted at BZ? Many thanks.
dascottjr wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:10 pm
firefoxnumber6 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:03 am This is great work, I first downloaded them from BZ but I noticed some changes to these so will grab them again. Thank you :)
Wait, how changed *is* it from last time? I got everything from BZ as well, and have yet to backup the files.
Everything is complete as it was on BZ. The only things new are the videos (which are optional) and possibly the info files. Nothing has changed since last August. Unbelievably this set was completed in 4 - 5 months.

Enjoy!
My full name is Uncle Capt. "Skipper" Dumbchops and I seem to have misplaced my electric pretzel sharpener.
firefoxnumber6

Post by firefoxnumber6 »

dumbchops wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:21 pm
firefoxnumber6 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:03 am This is great work, I first downloaded them from BZ but I noticed some changes to these so will grab them again. Thank you :)
Wait, how changed *is* it from last time? I got everything from BZ as well, and have yet to backup the files.
Everything is complete as it was on BZ. The only things new are the videos (which are optional) and possibly the info files. Nothing has changed since last August. Unbelievably this set was completed in 4 - 5 months.

Enjoy!

Strange, my copy of the 1969/01/02 NEW BLUE SOAP set DL from BZ has 95 tracks and duration: 2:41:04 and the new one here is 96 tracks duration: 2:41:07
dumbchops

Post by dumbchops »

firefoxnumber6 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:13 pm Strange, my copy of the 1969/01/02 NEW BLUE SOAP set DL from BZ has 95 tracks and duration: 2:41:04 and the new one here is 96 tracks duration: 2:41:07
The correct edition has 96 tracks and a 2:41:07 duration. While I was posting on BZ it was still a work-in-progress. If you'd like to compare your files with the finished ones then simply check out the word document in this link:

hxxps://mega.nz/folder/CaZVAYbb#Pc38aIwBEmXkHbrrQEkUTA

I can assure you that everything is now complete and has been since last August.
My full name is Uncle Capt. "Skipper" Dumbchops and I seem to have misplaced my electric pretzel sharpener.
firefoxnumber6

Post by firefoxnumber6 »

dumbchops wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:21 pm
firefoxnumber6 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:13 pm Strange, my copy of the 1969/01/02 NEW BLUE SOAP set DL from BZ has 95 tracks and duration: 2:41:04 and the new one here is 96 tracks duration: 2:41:07
The correct edition has 96 tracks and a 2:41:07 duration. While I was posting on BZ it was still a work-in-progress. If you'd like to compare your files with the finished ones then simply check out the word document in this link:

hxxps://mega.nz/folder/CaZVAYbb#Pc38aIwBEmXkHbrrQEkUTA

I can assure you that everything is now complete and has been since last August.
ah that explains it, I must have downloaded an early version and not updated it, my fault. Thank you for clearing this up for me and sorry for any confusion I may have caused.
Thanks again for all you hard work I do appreciate it :)
kristhammar

Post by kristhammar »

Thank you "dumb chops" for this amazing set. You wrote this in old BZ
"All in all, this entire project will be 22 FLAC folders, 2 DVDs and 1 PDF document. If I had more and better artwork plus the skills then I would probably make some kind of book (please contact me if that is your kind of thing)".
I wonder is there any PDF or "book" to share?
dumbchops

Post by dumbchops »

kristhammar wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:28 am Thank you "dumb chops" for this amazing set. You wrote this in old BZ
"All in all, this entire project will be 22 FLAC folders, 2 DVDs and 1 PDF document. If I had more and better artwork plus the skills then I would probably make some kind of book (please contact me if that is your kind of thing)".
I wonder is there any PDF or "book" to share?
I really wish there was but all there is to read is the PDF document. However there is Doug Sulpy's book Drugs, Divorce and a Slipping Image - The Complete, Unauthorized Story of The Beatles' 'Get Back' Sessions which is essential reading while you listen. You can either buy a new paperback copy on Amazon for only US $919.00 or you can buy from Doug somewhere. I'm searching all over the internet and can't find a thing. But no, I never made a PDF but I put the proposition out there on BZ to see if anybody with skills was interested in collaborating but I got no replies. I think perhaps some people thought I would never finish the thing but once I get going on something there is no stopping a project until it's finished. Again, if there is anybody interested in helping me work on a PDF book for New Blue Soap then I am here.
I Am The Walrus

Post by I Am The Walrus »

Hello dumbchops,
Can you or anyone here on the forum help me?
I want to know if this information is correct or out of date?
I have one more question, I want to know if here in the New Blue Soap Collection I can find the separate takes of these songs?
Thanks in advance.
Attachments
15 - Songs' Takes Variations In Get Back Compilations And Related Official Realeses.jpg
15 - Songs' Takes Variations In Get Back Compilations And Related Official Realeses.jpg (912.53 KiB) Viewed 2159 times
powerPC

Post by powerPC »

Incredible! Thank you dumbchops, this is really amazing! :D
—Keith
dumbchops

Post by dumbchops »

I Am The Walrus wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:43 am I have one more question, I want to know if here in the New Blue Soap Collection I can find the separate takes of these songs?
You can find all of the takes in the STUDIO section of New Blue Soap:

viewtopic.php?p=3792#p3792

I edited them from many sources but I listed them all in the information document.
powerPC wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:38 am Incredible! Thank you dumbchops, this is really amazing! :D
Thank you! Glad to see that this set is still relevant and enjoyed by some.
malomojo

Post by malomojo »

THIS IS SWEET!!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! What a great effort you must have put into this.