New Blue Soap - 2022 update on 2020 project

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
enriquelu

Re: New Blue Soap (innerwreckdom) for a limited time only!

Post by enriquelu »

If anybody want more information about "Get Back Sessions", please go to this link

https://getbacksessions.blogspot.com/
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

Cannot thank everybody involved in getting this together and out enough ... totally AWESOME / AMAZING !!!!
DrWinstonOBoogie

Post by DrWinstonOBoogie »

Thank you!
dumbchops

Post by dumbchops »

enriquelu wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:55 am If anybody want more information about "Get Back Sessions", please go to this link

https://getbacksessions.blogspot.com/
This is a great website and was responsible for helping me put New Blue Soap together. The sad thing was I couldn't remember whose website it was. So I humbly thank you (if it is your website) for the fantastic work you have done.
My full name is Uncle Capt. "Skipper" Dumbchops and I seem to have misplaced my electric pretzel sharpener.
batdude98

Post by batdude98 »

Mr. Dr. Hippy,

Loving the set so far! Currently filling in the composer tags and converting for phone listening (horror of horrors :shock: )

Two questions:

Do you have a version with the composers of each song already tagged?

Do you believe that Maxwell Edison Records' Hours Of Darkness set can suffice as a shorter exploration of the Nagra tapes for more casual listening?

Thanks for this mammoth labor of love.
dumbchops

Post by dumbchops »

batdude98 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:52 pm Two questions:

Do you have a version with the composers of each song already tagged?

Do you believe that Maxwell Edison Records' Hours Of Darkness set can suffice as a shorter exploration of the Nagra tapes for more casual listening?
I never considered the idea of tagging the composers. It wouldn't be hard I suppose. One could look up songs like "Whispering" on Wikipedia (lyrics by Malvin Schonberger and music by John Schonberger for instance) and use mp3tag to correct it. The conundrum would be deciding upon Lennon/McCartney songs especially if they showed up later on solo projects. Would you list them as published? What about improvisations like "My Imagination"? Figuring all of that out can be done but it may take more time if you throw in every stray riff of a song in a medley and all that. I for one would love to see the results of a correct list of composers.

I think I may have Hours Of Darkness somewhere but I've downloaded a lol of overlapping Get Back stuff in the past. I suppose the best thing might be to make a compilation of the best of New Blue Soap to have a "best of Get Back" in stereo. If I can find some time I may do that unless somebody beats me to it. To be honest, I haven't listened to it in a long while as I can honestly say that I have heard all that exists of those sessions multiple times thanks to Purple Chick back in 2004 and in the making of this set.

Glad you enjoy it and let me know if you re-tag the files. Maybe I could do that for future downloaders.
My full name is Uncle Capt. "Skipper" Dumbchops and I seem to have misplaced my electric pretzel sharpener.
batdude98

Post by batdude98 »

I am doing so indeed!

Solo stuff - as published

Improvs- assigning according to the Personnel who played on it or the closest published song analog as described by Sulpy and Schweighart in the 2007 DDSI - e.g. My Imagination is described as similar to the Elmore James song A Way Out, thus the composers would be Elmore James and Marshall Sehorn, and the blues improvisation on January 6th is posited to be a John Lee Hooker song so I've used Hooker as the composer.

Thanks!! The stereo separated set is the first time I've ever considered doing the Nagra pilgrimage along with the Fab Four :lol: :lol: :lol:
mitchellmichael

Post by mitchellmichael »

Does anyone have the complete set as tagged high quality MP3's? I'd love to put this on my phone...
Cheers
Mike
Gopala Krishna

Post by Gopala Krishna »

Anyone willing to re-up day 5 1969/01/08??

I have never seen so many takes of I Me Mine.

Thanks in advance if possible!
dumbchops

Post by dumbchops »

Gopala Krishna wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:13 pm Anyone willing to re-up day 5 1969/01/08??

I have never seen so many takes of I Me Mine.

Thanks in advance if possible!
I just checked and the link still works.