New Blue Soap - 2022 update on 2020 project

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
malomojo

Re: New Blue Soap (innerwreckdom) for a limited time only!

Post by malomojo »

Darth Kybiel wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:46 am New Blue Soap is a great set. It was an idea I myself wanted to do for a while because of how A/B road had some minor flaws, and I loved how innerwreckdom had had a similar idea and better faster way of doing the mono to stereo. He also had the same vision as I did in making sure people had input into the project so that it was to the liking and approval to most collectors. Whether we enjoy this stereo set or still stuck on A/B Road, I would hope someone would update that set's mistakes to match New Blue Soap's fixes. Never anything wrong with having the traditional mono and stereo options. It takes a lot of love for the material for those of us like innerwreckdom to listen/study/work on these long projects (as well as Lord Reith who really must work his ass off making such dazzling, entertaining and amazing collections as well, and everyone else I'm sure I missed). People that make these great sets are what makes our Bootlegzone/Beatlegdb community so great no matter where on the internet we go.
I agree about the original mono version. When, I seen the Blue Soap Set, and it said "Stereo" I was a little nervous. BUT, It is fantastic. But, yes. The mono is great as well. I am iffy on anything that is from mono to stereo. But, this was done up RIGHT. This even included the rooftop concerts from the ground as well as the interviews, and reactions with the people. The best Get Back Sessions I have ever seen. I have it kept in a nice, and safe place. I shall treasure it.
I Am The Walrus

Post by I Am The Walrus »

The New Blue Soap project is amazing.
Even if something new comes up I will always keep it in my collection.
Darth Kybiel

Post by Darth Kybiel »

Also, if you still need A/B Road, folding the stereo still gives you the same or better mix anyway, because some rolls had better sound quality or length differences than A/B Road. Which was one of the discussions as the set was started, especially with some of the Twickenham sessions. Anyway, I stick with New Blue Soap for the excellent stereo set, and still keep all the best quality rolls, for best source mono. Mainly because of the A/B Road flaws, I didn't wanna lose anything by ditching rolls.
malomojo

Post by malomojo »

Darth Kybiel wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:24 am Also, if you still need A/B Road, folding the stereo still gives you the same or better mix anyway, because some rolls had better sound quality or length differences than A/B Road. Which was one of the discussions as the set was started, especially with some of the Twickenham sessions. Anyway, I stick with New Blue Soap for the excellent stereo set, and still keep all the best quality rolls, for best source mono. Mainly because of the A/B Road flaws, I didn't wanna lose anything by ditching rolls.
Well said, I completely agree my friend.
inglis

Post by inglis »

thanks so much,
able to get some I missed
B-ED

Post by B-ED »

Thank you!
DocBeaulieu

Post by DocBeaulieu »

Wonderful stuff. Thanks!
mitchellmichael

Post by mitchellmichael »

Thanks for your work and for sharing!
Cheers
Mike
Dr_G

Post by Dr_G »

Thanks everybody for all this useful info in this thread but even more for the stereo versions of these sessions!
dumbchops

Post by dumbchops »

Dr_G wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:44 pm Thanks everybody for all this useful info in this thread but even more for the stereo versions of these sessions!
Thanks for helping keep them alive! To many of us, these AI stereo mixes have become the preferred listening experience.

:geek:
My full name is Uncle Capt. "Skipper" Dumbchops and I seem to have misplaced my electric pretzel sharpener.