New Blue Soap - 2022 update on 2020 project

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
millerTEK

Re: New Blue Soap (innerwreckdom) for a limited time only!

Post by millerTEK »

This an amazing set - well updated from the Purple Chick mono set. and of course in spectral stereo.
With the 50th Anniversary set coming out - you'll want this to cover the items the set does not release.

I made my Glyn Johns Multitrack Reel reconstructions based off this set -

get it! and read about the sessions and the catalog systems used by Doug Sulpy (DDSI numbers), etc...
BeatleDan

Post by BeatleDan »

absolute perfection - thank you so much for this set
Doorz

Post by Doorz »

Thank You for this incredible work, well i just made it before the "deadline"to complete the collection, greetings from France!
dumbchops

Post by dumbchops »

BeatleDan wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:19 pm absolute perfection - thank you so much for this set
Doorz wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:08 pm Thank You for this incredible work, well i just made it before the "deadline"to complete the collection, greetings from France!
Thanks for making your first posts on this topic! Of course I know that one day it will be obsolete but I still prefer to hear these sessions as presented in this form. The truth is aside from making the stems (which took many months alone), mixing and then editing it down, I never actually "mastered" it. I didn't use EQ or digital reverb but I did clean up a ton of clicks and made some audio finally audible but I didn't really make an attempt to make it sound better except for the STUDIO portion. I was going to remove all the links before the Let It Be Deluxe box but I don't really see a reason to take it down unless I am asked to. It just makes it sound more important if it's "for a limited time only!" and it adds to the cheesiness of the title. Thanks for keeping it alive!
My full name is Uncle Capt. "Skipper" Dumbchops and I seem to have misplaced my electric pretzel sharpener.
Patrick Healy

Post by Patrick Healy »

dumbchops, is there a mono edition available from after you collated the sources but before you did the spectral mixing?
dumbchops

Post by dumbchops »

Patrick Healy wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:59 pm dumbchops, is there a mono edition available from after you collated the sources but before you did the spectral mixing?
No. I did the spectral mixing of every single A and B roll first followed by the editing. In all honesty, I only envisioned a stereo version of this set. However one can collapse all of the tracks down to mono and it will sound like the original source, More recently I've been thinking of making a compilation of the best of the set (still in stereo) but with so many compilations around I really don't want to duplicate anything or have the umpteenth version of "Suzy's Parlour" to bore people with. I'll have to get back on this.
My full name is Uncle Capt. "Skipper" Dumbchops and I seem to have misplaced my electric pretzel sharpener.
powerPC

Post by powerPC »

dumbchops wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:43 pm No. I did the spectral mixing of every single A and B roll first followed by the editing. In all honesty, I only envisioned a stereo version of this set. However one can collapse all of the tracks down to mono and it will sound like the original source, More recently I've been thinking of making a compilation of the best of the set (still in stereo) but with so many compilations around I really don't want to duplicate anything or have the umpteenth version of "Suzy's Parlour" to bore people with. I'll have to get back on this.
Get Back to it! :lol: Great pun, and GREAT set... still listening to it often dumbchops! Thanks again 8-)
—Keith
billybudapest

Post by billybudapest »

I Love New Blue Soap.
Patrick Healy

Post by Patrick Healy »

Personally I've made my way through the 2nd, the 28th, some of the 31st, some of the 6th, and the post-George-leaving part of the 10th. Oh, and the whole of Last Licks Live and some of the rooftop Nagras. Enjoying it very much!
Liverpools Boy

Post by Liverpools Boy »

I'm starting in this journey and it is amazing I must say!. All the details are very good cared, all in its site, etc

But I have a question, When you remove the links? if I can download it in time.