Template for posting new shares

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Lord Reith

Re: Template for posting new shares

Post by Lord Reith »

I use Mp3tag freeware for my stuff and it is very good. Despite the legacy name, it also works just fine with waves, flacs, m4a and even video files like mp4. It has an Extended Tags panel which can be accessed by ALT + T that allows you to add any number of custom tags or extra ones from a template. I sometimes use this to add notes to my stuff, though whether anyone has ever actually found them I don't know.

You can also copy info from the tag name to the file name or vice verce.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
obertinc

Post by obertinc »

For tagging audio files using a Mac I recommend the "Metadatics" app (available via Apple Store and authors site).
ianbuckers

Post by ianbuckers »

If you use Foobar2000 as your default player the tags are easily edited there and it has extended tag functionality.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

WilliamShears, thank you, for this ongoing magic that is our playground.
Re: New Shares
Fan made projects should be tagged with creator's name/initials. I have old folders from BZ that have a bunch of tracks that are keepers, but no idea by whom. I don't like grief, but if concurrent downloads aren't named and I don't have time to play them, grief is imminent. Many times I've wanted to comment(MANY???) but, could never find the post or the creator. So, there are some pretty interesting compilations sitting dormant because they are technically orphans.
They belong to no one...and, more's the pity!
Masterpieces should be signed.
Appreciation lost.
Thank you, friends!
KC
sam004

Post by sam004 »

This is all good discussion. I like understanding what people want, or prefer, or what is easiest.
Some of the frustration probably comes from just that, what is easiest. some folks are eager to share but
don't wan't to or don't know how to present the their material, ie FLAC instead of WAV or MP3.

I like how TTD has set up their format. I would request that it does not become to rigid to prevent sharing.
You can always choose not to download. Tagging is important. It get confusing with many so many files.

I personally need help with how to organize the vast amount of material that is available and shared here.
One of my complaints is the use of we share is the links disappears so quickly.

Not all of us can hang out every day or every week here.
With that said, I must say some always is available here to meet a request or to re up material.

One thing that SH forums has , is a way to like a comment rather than posting thank you, etc.
So many threads there get bogged down and off topic. You have a thread with good info in it, but you have to
wade through miles of OT posts, jokes and stories about your first purchase of album.... , etc.
ToddS

Post by ToddS »

I can only use Mediafire to share my audio files since Google Chrome does not support my Windows Vista P.C. , and it doesn't let me download any WeTransfer link anymore . Same thing with Firefox . At least Firefox lets me download Gofiles . Plus , i don't keep audio files too long on my P.C. I usually tape them onto cassette . So if some member wants me to re-post a song i have to use Movie Maker to Upload the song which is a very low MP3 Bit-Rate ( i guess thats the word ) Anyway i appreciate the members here who are always sharing , Thank You .
misterclaudel

Post by misterclaudel »

yymca6 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:20 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:23 am I don't care so long as the files are tagged. That's where I get all my info.
I totally agree with you.

Re-tagging, or sometimes tagging, period, takes a lot of time. And patience...
OK I share things that are NOT tagged....I don't have the time and effort to tag things....I have a medical condition called "Tremors"...it physically hurts me to type a lot and I don not look at the screen when I type I must follow my fingers or I would be correcting spelling mistakes all day long. This took me a good 3-4 minutes to type this....and I had 6 mistakes I had to correct....I should have just left it like it was and let you see WHY I cannot tag....sorry if you don't dig it I will not post anything that is not tagged....and I do not like the new look I could easily see short page by page easier....
misterclaudel

Post by misterclaudel »

misterclaudel wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:03 am
Lord Reith wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:23 am I don't care so long as the files are tagged. That's where I get all my info.

OK I share things that are NOT tagged....I don't have the time and effort to tag things....I have a medical condition called "Tremors"...it physically hurts me to type a lot and I don not look at the screen when I type I must follow my fingers or I would be correcting spelling mistakes all day long. My handwriting looks like a first Grader so my Wife must fill out all paperwork for meT his took me a good 3-4 minutes to type this....and I had 6 mistakes I had to correct....I should have just left it like it was and let you see WHY I cannot tag....sorry if you don't dig it I will not post anything that is not tagged....and I do not like the new look I could easily see short page by page easier....
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

OK I share things that are NOT tagged....I don't have the time and effort to tag things....I have a medical condition called "Tremors"...it physically hurts me to type a lot and I don not look at the screen when I type I must follow my fingers or I would be correcting spelling mistakes all day long. This took me a good 3-4 minutes to type this....and I had 6 mistakes I had to correct....I should have just left it like it was and let you see WHY I cannot tag....sorry if you don't dig it I will not post anything that is not tagged....and I do not like the new look I could easily see short page by page easier....
My comment was there to say that tagging takes some time. Period.

I did not say it to offend anyone, especially you. It is just an ascertainment. Nothing more.
Yves
misterclaudel

Post by misterclaudel »

yymca6 wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:30 pm

My comment was there to say that tagging takes some time. Period.

I did not say it to offend anyone, especially you. It is just an ascertainment. Nothing more.

It didn't offend me I was just trying to make a sort of point that we all haven't the time or the means to Tag things I just listen and that's that....I am glad that you do tag things....it's good....and Thank You....appreciate you! If things were different I would try to tag my stuff...