File Under/Nimbus Project

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Nimbus

Re: File Under/Nimbus Project

Post by Nimbus »

No. 4 Guitar - George Harrison
This is a very poor offering from whichever radio station dreamt it up. Basically just Beatle/Harrison tracks from 67 onwards with a few bits of dialogue in-between. There's the odd George comment thrown in. The narrator is an American woman, I say woman but the voice is so dull and monotone that it could actually be a computer generated voice. There's not even any adverts to add interest. Perhaps I've been spoiled by being brought up on BBC Radio Beatle docs but I can't see the point in this one existing. One for the completists only. Enjoy ;)

hxxps://we.tl/t-DuswzXYKqG
harrythebannister

Post by harrythebannister »

Thanks for continuing these.
Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

No. 5 Innerview - George Harrison
This is much better. It's a 1979 interview by Jim Ladd in Los Angeles. I've not heard this before but it may be the best George interview there is. I've since googled and see it's out there already but if you haven't got it, then enjoy.

hxxps://we.tl/t-zhhod5eJk4
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

Thank you for the latest shares.
FileUnderT

Post by FileUnderT »

Thank you for your continued work on this project
mojofilter

Post by mojofilter »

Thank you for the George "Innerview" program. I have 30 of these of different artists, including episodes devoted to Ringo and Julian, but I'd never seen the one on George posted anywhere.
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
ashwom1

Post by ashwom1 »

FileUnderT wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:48 pm We met at the Liverpool Conventions when a youthful Mark Lewisohn was battling it out against Steve Phillips in the Beatles Brain of Britain Competition. I often wondered what Steve was up to today.....
Steve was a good friend of mine from about 1986 when I was 15 and started going into the Beatles Shop in Mathew Street. He would often be in there having his lunch break. Steve was one of the original Liverpool fans who was part of Cavern Mecca from around 1979-80 when everybody else in the city had forgotten about the Beatles. I was a few years too young for that. Around 1990 Steve organised the 'Fab Forum', an excuse mainly for Liverpool based Beatles fans to get together, swap tapes and have a drink.

One night we were joined by Allan Williams and Lord Woodbine, both of them absolutely hammered (drunk). I'll never forget it.

He was a good guy Steve and he always looked forward to his phone call at Christmas with Mark Lewisohn (who 'stole' the title of Beatle brain from him).

Always suffering with his health (chest) I'm sad to report he passed away about 3 years ago, before the pandemic which I fear would made him extremely vulnerable. Bless you Steve.
FileUnderT

Post by FileUnderT »

Thank you for the update on Steve. It is sad news, naturally.

We had some great nights in the Cavern and the Adelphi, even joined one night by Johns Uncle Charlie Lennon. He was a wealth of knowledge. We corresponded for a couple of years until we both got distracted with other things. They were happy days and despite his poor health, he always made me laugh. A genuine fan.
Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

No. 6 Washington 74
Another George tape here. This is what it says on the tin. I've never been a fan of the 74 tour as I find it unlistenable so I can't say how it compares to other versions. See what you think !

hxxps://we.tl/t-H8Je15UoAT
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

Thank you for GH Washington 74