A list of known unbootlegged material?

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
moptophugger

Re: A list of known unbootlegged material?

Post by moptophugger »

MarkRJones1970 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:07 am
Gredel21 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:24 am yes - it was almost released in the anthology series its the 27 min version I am refering to - Belmo has a copy and it was on a few early bootlegs before it was pulled
Poppy cock! Pulled? Pulled by who? Tracks on bootlegs don't get 'pulled' then disappear. They just find their way onto newer bootlegs!
I agree Mark, also the "banned boots" would of found themselves on Bootlezone or trading circles years ago. It's a silly lie probably made to add some hope to people wanting to hear this Outtake.
harrythebannister

Post by harrythebannister »

moptophugger wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:36 am
MarkRJones1970 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:07 am
Gredel21 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:24 am yes - it was almost released in the anthology series its the 27 min version I am refering to - Belmo has a copy and it was on a few early bootlegs before it was pulled
Poppy cock! Pulled? Pulled by who? Tracks on bootlegs don't get 'pulled' then disappear. They just find their way onto newer bootlegs!
I agree Mark, also the "banned boots" would of found themselves on Bootlezone or trading circles years ago. It's a silly lie probably made to add some hope to people wanting to hear this Outtake.
That said, there was the case of the silent audience footage of Yesterday from the last UK tour ‘65 slipping out on a DVD and then quickly substituted with something else.
It was made available on line very briefly....someone must have downloaded it yet it has never materialised on a bootleg since.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Lon Chaney III wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:30 pm
Yellowsubmarine wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:20 pm
Lon Chaney III wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:07 pm Hope you don't mind a question: Does anyone know if there's any surviving footage of the Beatles on Juke Box Jury from 1963? I watched it back then and this 10 year old flipped out. What I remember most about the show was how funny the guys were. I used to watch JBJ regularly so having all the panel being Beatles was like the parting of the red sea. Years ago I read that the tapes had been wiped but maybe some overseas stations might have a copy - it's not uncommon for lost episodes of Dr Who, for example, to turn up from overseas. It's like a Holy Grail to me.
Unfortunately, the JBJ video was lost. Only the audio recording had surfaced.
I thought that was probably the case, just hoped it wasn't. Thanks for confirming that it is indeed lost.
We don't know if it was ever transferred to film. I don't think the BBC sold JBJ overseas because it just consisted at that point of homegrown stars who were little known outside of the UK listening to records. But it's not inconceivable that they made a sales copy of this particular edition given that The Beatles were already successful abroad by this time. If they did, no trace of it has ever come to light.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
RalseiDeltarune

Post by RalseiDeltarune »

There was some early George Harrison demo that was supposed to appear on Anthology 1 in an early track listing, and we haven't heard it since. You can find out more about the early Anthology 1 track listings on Parlogram Auction's channel on Youtube.
Interested in any/all Bootlegs. Sometimes I make my own.

Catalog is posted here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2649
Yellowsubmarine

Post by Yellowsubmarine »

RalseiDeltarune wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:43 pm There was some early George Harrison demo that was supposed to appear on Anthology 1 in an early track listing, and we haven't heard it since. You can find out more about the early Anthology 1 track listings on Parlogram Auction's channel on Youtube.
Not only that.

He also talks about "I'm Happy Just to Dance with You" demo, which was supposed to be released on Anthology 1.
Bazilnerk

Post by Bazilnerk »

Lord Reith wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:12 am
Lon Chaney III wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:30 pm
Yellowsubmarine wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:20 pm

Unfortunately, the JBJ video was lost. Only the audio recording had surfaced.
I thought that was probably the case, just hoped it wasn't. Thanks for confirming that it is indeed lost.
We don't know if it was ever transferred to film. I don't think the BBC sold JBJ overseas because it just consisted at that point of homegrown stars who were little known outside of the UK listening to records. But it's not inconceivable that they made a sales copy of this particular edition given that The Beatles were already successful abroad by this time. If they did, no trace of it has ever come to light.
Rumour has always been that Ringo had a film copy of JBJ but lost it in his 1970's house fire (along with a lot of his film collection) I seem to recollect that this came from Ringo himself at some point.
Bazilnerk

Post by Bazilnerk »

MarkRJones1970 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:21 am
Lord Reith wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:55 am There's a couple of tapes Paul has: one of them from supposedly the same lot as Astrid and hans walther-Braun's tapes, containing an early version of When I'm 64 among others. The other is the Cavern tape from 1962 which Lewisohn says was very poor quality.
Well that's what I thought but what about this?
Hans Olof Gottfriedson is a friend of mine - in fact, we wrote the Star Club Articles for Record Collector together. He is very careful in his research. When we were working on the Polydor Bear Family set, I had some theories and questions about the sessions, but he would not consider anything without documentary evidence. He would have got the titles from somebody somewhere. As for him doorstepping someone, that doesn't sound like Hans to me.
Bazilnerk

Post by Bazilnerk »

zappaf78 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:39 pm Image
The problem is - as you can see from the label - it doesn't says "The Beatles" or list any more than a title anywhere. So even if it does still exist somewhere, someone who might have it may have no clue who is on the record. Knowing that Paul should have been given a copy by Williams during the Get Back sessions, but he forgot to bring the disc is even more frustrating.
georgefromhenley

Post by georgefromhenley »

wildbill wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:00 am I believe there is an Essen 66 tape that is a soundboard(different to the audience one that circulates). I remember reading about it on the Doug Sulpey site, the person who heard it was writing a book(I can’t remember who and what the book was).

Hi - it was me and I described and transcribed the recording in the German issue of my book about the tour ca 10 years ago. It is a soundboard of the Essen evening show (I assume the Munich sound board show listed in this thread was mistaken with this tape). The bootlegged other show of Essen was audience recorded of the afternoon.

hxxps://www.amazon.de/Bravo-Beatles-Blitztourne ... 3842353561
jgjohnson

Post by jgjohnson »

Here are 2 more tapes that may exist
Back in the 80's a LA bootlegger told me there was a stereo soundboard tape if the 1966 Dodger stadium concert. He said it was taped by someone who was in the musicians union and he played it for him. This guy would not let him have it saying he could get into a lot of trouble because it was not suppose to be taped. Someone else told me about this tapes as well

Also Paul Catalana who was the producer of the Beatles 1964 and 1965 shows at the Cow Palace told me he had tapes of those shows they made. I asked him to look for them and he told me to get back to him in a month. When I did he said that someoine must have stolen them, along with other tapes he had of the Stones and the Dave Clark 5 that he had. He produced shows with them as well, This was back in the 1980's.
If this was for real, there's a chance that somebody has them.