A list of known unbootlegged material?

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Doug

Re: A list of known unbootlegged material?

Post by Doug »

Fun 4 None wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:06 pm Oh another classic unbootlegged thing would be She's a Woman and Everybody's Trying to be My Baby at Shea.
The audio for these has been bootlegged on HMC's "Shea!" set, but if you're talking about the film Ron Furmanek (who worked on the restoration for Apple) told me that the footage doesn't exist.
wildbill

Post by wildbill »

georgefromhenley wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:32 pm
wildbill wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:00 am I believe there is an Essen 66 tape that is a soundboard(different to the audience one that circulates). I remember reading about it on the Doug Sulpey site, the person who heard it was writing a book(I can’t remember who and what the book was).

Hi - it was me and I described and transcribed the recording in the German issue of my book about the tour ca 10 years ago. It is a soundboard of the Essen evening show (I assume the Munich sound board show listed in this thread was mistaken with this tape). The bootlegged other show of Essen was audience recorded of the afternoon.

hxxps://www.amazon.de/Bravo-Beatles-Blitztourne ... 3842353561
That’s awesome! I remember reading your account! Is your book still available? Is there an English version or is it only German?
wildbill

Post by wildbill »

jgjohnson wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:13 pm Here are 2 more tapes that may exist
Back in the 80's a LA bootlegger told me there was a stereo soundboard tape if the 1966 Dodger stadium concert. He said it was taped by someone who was in the musicians union and he played it for him. This guy would not let him have it saying he could get into a lot of trouble because it was not suppose to be taped. Someone else told me about this tapes as well

Also Paul Catalana who was the producer of the Beatles 1964 and 1965 shows at the Cow Palace told me he had tapes of those shows they made. I asked him to look for them and he told me to get back to him in a month. When I did he said that someoine must have stolen them, along with other tapes he had of the Stones and the Dave Clark 5 that he had. He produced shows with them as well, This was back in the 1980's.
If this was for real, there's a chance that somebody has them.
I remember also hearing a rumor about a Stereo soundboard Of Dodger stadium. That would be epic! I wonder if it’s true and I wonder if there is any chance it still exists if it ever did?
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

Doug wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:07 pm
Fun 4 None wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:06 pm Oh another classic unbootlegged thing would be She's a Woman and Everybody's Trying to be My Baby at Shea.
The audio for these has been bootlegged on HMC's "Shea!" set, but if you're talking about the film Ron Furmanek (who worked on the restoration for Apple) told me that the footage doesn't exist.
I was referring to the movie, and yeah it was filmed. I found a picture of them filming George singing. I can't tell you if Apple still has that footage or not.
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

Fun 4 None wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:19 pm
Doug wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:07 pm
I was referring to the movie, and yeah it was filmed. I found a picture of them filming George singing. I can't tell you if Apple still has that footage or not.
Apple does not. Any footage besides the main special is lost.
Complete Twickenham Footage collection out NOW: viewtopic.php?t=7470
georgefromhenley

Post by georgefromhenley »

dinsdalep wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:01 pm
Bazilnerk wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:34 pm
zappaf78 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:39 pm Image
The problem is - as you can see from the label - it doesn't says "The Beatles" or list any more than a title anywhere. So even if it does still exist somewhere, someone who might have it may have no clue who is on the record. Knowing that Paul should have been given a copy by Williams during the Get Back sessions, but he forgot to bring the disc is even more frustrating.
Doesn't it say "BEATLES + WALLY" on the right side of the label?
Yes Beatles + Wally - perhaps just on this disc in the hand of Allan.
georgefromhenley

Post by georgefromhenley »

wildbill wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:52 pm
georgefromhenley wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:32 pm
wildbill wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:00 am I believe there is an Essen 66 tape that is a soundboard(different to the audience one that circulates). I remember reading about it on the Doug Sulpey site, the person who heard it was writing a book(I can’t remember who and what the book was).

Hi - it was me and I described and transcribed the recording in the German issue of my book about the tour ca 10 years ago. It is a soundboard of the Essen evening show (I assume the Munich sound board show listed in this thread was mistaken with this tape). The bootlegged other show of Essen was audience recorded of the afternoon.

hxxps://www.amazon.de/Bravo-Beatles-Blitztourne ... 3842353561
That’s awesome! I remember reading your account! Is your book still available? Is there an English version or is it only German?
It is only in German still available. The English version is sold out and it did not include the informations on that recording because I got to know the right persons only after publishing this book ;-)
Nando03

Post by Nando03 »

I have heard rumors there is a Rome 65 soundboard(no idea if it’s true).
A Rome 1965 soundboard does exist: it is known between Italian collectors as "the A.M. Tapes" from the name of the journalist (Adriano Mazzoletti) who taped the concert by attaching a Nagra portable(!) recorder directly to the mixing console. Two songs were broadcast in 1995 (if memory serves me correctly) and later on six songs were played continuosly in a Beatles dedicated showroom in 2002 at the Vittoriano in Rome. Since then, nothing happened... :cry:
beatlepaul

Post by beatlepaul »

How come we have a picture of it?
Yellowsubmarine

Post by Yellowsubmarine »

beatlepaul wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:21 pm
How come we have a picture of it?
All the information is here https://www.beatlesource.com/bs/ao-smrtime.html