A list of known unbootlegged material?

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Yellowsubmarine

Re: A list of known unbootlegged material?

Post by Yellowsubmarine »

georgefromhenley wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:32 pm
wildbill wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:00 am I believe there is an Essen 66 tape that is a soundboard(different to the audience one that circulates). I remember reading about it on the Doug Sulpey site, the person who heard it was writing a book(I can’t remember who and what the book was).

Hi - it was me and I described and transcribed the recording in the German issue of my book about the tour ca 10 years ago. It is a soundboard of the Essen evening show (I assume the Munich sound board show listed in this thread was mistaken with this tape). The bootlegged other show of Essen was audience recorded of the afternoon.

hxxps://www.amazon.de/Bravo-Beatles-Blitztourne ... 3842353561
Can you please share some information on soundboard recording?
Yellowsubmarine

Here's the full track list of Bournemouth live show, recorded on August 21st, 1963. Only some snippets are available.

Roll Over Beethoven
Thank You Girl
Chains
From Me to You
A Taste of Honey
I Saw Her Standing There
Baby It’s You
Boys
She Loves You
Twist and Shout
georgefromhenley

Post by georgefromhenley »

Yellowsubmarine wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:27 pm
georgefromhenley wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:32 pm
wildbill wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:00 am I believe there is an Essen 66 tape that is a soundboard(different to the audience one that circulates). I remember reading about it on the Doug Sulpey site, the person who heard it was writing a book(I can’t remember who and what the book was).

Hi - it was me and I described and transcribed the recording in the German issue of my book about the tour ca 10 years ago. It is a soundboard of the Essen evening show (I assume the Munich sound board show listed in this thread was mistaken with this tape). The bootlegged other show of Essen was audience recorded of the afternoon.

hxxps://www.amazon.de/Bravo-Beatles-Blitztourne ... 3842353561
Can you please share some information on soundboard recording?
I have published books on the German 1966 tour and during the research for the German issue of the book that came out after the English version in 2009 I was given the opportunity to listen to an unreleased soundboard tape. The sound quality is better than the thin Tokio sound. The tape quality is ok, but one could hear that the tape is old - further details cant be revealed.
As the transcript is in the German version of my book I could share the annotated transcript in this group. The Beatles spoke a hodgepodge of German and English that is not important to be translated (Guten Abend means good evening, danke schön is thank you very much, Lied is song, Langspielplatte is LP/album). The performance was ok with the usual lyric flaws and it seems they had some fun:

Essen, Evening Show June 25th 1966
Transcript:
This is a word by word transcript of the show with a few annotations. The speeches of the Beatles are not translated because they spoke in a mix of German and English and mainly they just announce the next song and tell who is singing it.

Charlie Hickmann - host: Yeah! Moment! Moment! Freunde passen Sie auf. Was Wichtiges. Der Kontrast… Wissen Sie, der Kontrast ist nämlich stärker, wenn wir die große Stille anfangen. Die wollen`s wissen und wir wollen`s wissen. Und ich würde vorschlagen, dass wir es so machen – ganz ruhig. Ich darf Ihnen jetzt, um den Bravo-Beatles-Blitztournee zu ihren Höhepunkt zu bringen… danke schön, danke schön…. Ihnen das Größte in die Geschichte des Showbusiness ansagen… die beste Beat-Band der Welt… DIE BEATLES!! …. Komm! Ich höre nichts….!
(Hickman: Yeah, one moment. One moment. Friends, attention. Something important. The contrast, you know the contrast is even bigger if we start the complete silence. They wanna know it and we wanna know it. I would like to ask you that we`ll will do it like this… Very quietly. I may introduce to you – to get the Bravo-Beatles-Blitztour to its climax – the biggest act in show business. The best beat band in the world – THE BEATLES! Come on – I can`t hear you!)

(The Beatles enter the stage from behind the drum kit and the audience is cheering.)
Tuning
Paul: Hello!
Rock`n Roll Music
She`s a woman
Paul: Danke schön! Danke schön! …und Danke schön und guten Abend, everybody, guten AA-bend. Guten Abend. (Feedback) Danke schön. Mmh the nächstes Lied ist ein Lied von unsere Langspielplatte Rubber Soul und the Lied is called If I Needed Someone – GEORGE!
If i needed someone
(After 40 seconds Johns microphone falls down. You can hear it. Shortly after you hear sounds of a montage and “one, two” by the sound technican. In between John played errously his guitar because he was pushed away from the microphone by the technican so that he could fix that. After 15 seconds everything is fixed and Paul and John could continue with the singing and without having missed a word - luckily. This scene is captured by 2 amateur films.)
John: Ah thank you. Danke schön! We`d like to sing another Lied. And this song is called … (Feedback) Oh, oh. Oh dear…. Hey ho – It`s called - DAY TRIPPER!
Day Tripper (Paul starts verse 2)
Baby`s in black (a lyric error in between – the solo is announced by Paul with „Everybody”)
George: Vielen Dank. Thank you! Next song, nächstes Lied heißt I Feel Fine!
I feel fine
George: Vielen Dank. The next song von die Langspieler Beatles For Sale es heißt Yesterday mit Paul McCartney. (George repeats the album error he already did the day before in Munich - as seen on TV)
Yesterday
Paul: Thank you.
Paul: Danke schön. Vielen Dank. Und es ist wunderbar, folks, really, Thank you. Danke schön. Und das nächste Lied ist ein Lied von the Langspieler. Und it`s a special special Lied… Speziallied.. And this Lied …
Ringo: Hello.
Paul:…and this Lied
Audience: Ringo, Ringo, Ringo! (The audience really gets wild.)
Ringo: Hey (and drumming on the beat to the shouting)
Paul: This Lied features our Schlagzeuger singing a song called I Wanna Be Your Man – RINGO!
I wanna be your man
Ringo: Thank you, thank you very much!
John: Thank you Ringo! We`d like to do another song that was a single record over here. You don`t understand me? Ok! (Now John speaks in his pseudo japaneese) Ok, the song is called Nowhere Man!
Nowhere man
Paul: Danke schön. Vielen Dank. Yes. This Lied is uns… What? (interruption by his collegues)… unsere neue Schallplatte… something like that... yes here in Essen, in wonderfull Essen. And the song is called Paperback Writer. One two three four
Paperback writer (Paul makes some lyric errors)
Paul: Danke schön, everybody. Vielen Dank. Danke schön, yeah. Und nun this this Lied, this song is unsere letzte Lied... Yes, well have to go. Yes, letzte Lied. And the Lied, the Lied hei…äh so we say to everybody danke schön and wiedersehn. Goodbye Essen!
I´m down
Last chord – recording ends
Joel Nohn

Post by Joel Nohn »

Does anyone know if the complete video for the Blackbird sessions still exists as opposed to just the audio that Midnight Beat released in 1997 - To that extent, the Backyard video must exist in a much better quality than you can find on YouTube too, no?
Qwazi

Post by Qwazi »

I know Lewisohn said the quality is awful but who’s to really say and the opportunity to hear the leather clad Beatles with Pete Best at the Cavern is just too much for my mind to handle. It exists, Macca has it, and I’ll never hear it. Even if it’s a conversation among Cavernites with Beatlesin the background, I want to know about it. A shame no samples were ever released when it went up for auction.
Yellowsubmarine

Qwazi wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:52 pm I know Lewisohn said the quality is awful but who’s to really say and the opportunity to hear the leather clad Beatles with Pete Best at the Cavern is just too much for my mind to handle. It exists, Macca has it, and I’ll never hear it. Even if it’s a conversation among Cavernites with Beatlesin the background, I want to know about it. A shame no samples were ever released when it went up for auction.
It was sold in August 1985, I don't think they could release samples at that time.
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

Oh another classic unbootlegged thing would be She's a Woman and Everybody's Trying to be My Baby at Shea.
Qwazi

Post by Qwazi »

Yellowsubmarine wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:02 pm
Qwazi wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:52 pm I know Lewisohn said the quality is awful but who’s to really say and the opportunity to hear the leather clad Beatles with Pete Best at the Cavern is just too much for my mind to handle. It exists, Macca has it, and I’ll never hear it. Even if it’s a conversation among Cavernites with Beatlesin the background, I want to know about it. A shame no samples were ever released when it went up for auction.
It was sold in August 1985, I don't think they could release samples at that time.
Kind of wish we had a more complete description from Lewisohn. Or any, really.
dinsdalep

Post by dinsdalep »

Bazilnerk wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:34 pm
zappaf78 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:39 pm Image
The problem is - as you can see from the label - it doesn't says "The Beatles" or list any more than a title anywhere. So even if it does still exist somewhere, someone who might have it may have no clue who is on the record. Knowing that Paul should have been given a copy by Williams during the Get Back sessions, but he forgot to bring the disc is even more frustrating.
Doesn't it say "BEATLES + WALLY" on the right side of the label?