A list of known unbootlegged material?

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
MarkRJones1970

Re: A list of known unbootlegged material?

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

Lord Reith wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:55 am There's a couple of tapes Paul has: one of them from supposedly the same lot as Astrid and hans walther-Braun's tapes, containing an early version of When I'm 64 among others. The other is the Cavern tape from 1962 which Lewisohn says was very poor quality.
Well that's what I thought but what about this?
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

MarkRJones1970 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:21 am
Lord Reith wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:55 am There's a couple of tapes Paul has: one of them from supposedly the same lot as Astrid and hans walther-Braun's tapes, containing an early version of When I'm 64 among others. The other is the Cavern tape from 1962 which Lewisohn says was very poor quality.
Well that's what I thought but what about this?
Wow.
dumbchops wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:35 am
Lord Reith wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:08 am
dumbchops wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:25 am There's the recording of New Orleans from 1964 because we have the intros. Where is the rest?
Huh? Where's that?! :shock:
https://youtu.be/weKb2KIeoVU

To be absolutely clear per the description:
From a radio report in the 70s, only the introductions are real
A complete real recording of this concert exist but not is aviable now
In other words the music sections are fake but the intros are real. Somewhere there lies a complete tape. Or lay? I'm not quite sure.
I see. Thanks for the explanation. I have to say that concert tapes from North America interest me the least. The ones I like are generally from Europe, where the audiences were less screamy.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Lon Chaney III

Post by Lon Chaney III »

Hope you don't mind a question: Does anyone know if there's any surviving footage of the Beatles on Juke Box Jury from 1963? I watched it back then and this 10 year old flipped out. What I remember most about the show was how funny the guys were. I used to watch JBJ regularly so having all the panel being Beatles was like the parting of the red sea. Years ago I read that the tapes had been wiped but maybe some overseas stations might have a copy - it's not uncommon for lost episodes of Dr Who, for example, to turn up from overseas. It's like a Holy Grail to me.
Yellowsubmarine

Post by Yellowsubmarine »

Lon Chaney III wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:07 pm Hope you don't mind a question: Does anyone know if there's any surviving footage of the Beatles on Juke Box Jury from 1963? I watched it back then and this 10 year old flipped out. What I remember most about the show was how funny the guys were. I used to watch JBJ regularly so having all the panel being Beatles was like the parting of the red sea. Years ago I read that the tapes had been wiped but maybe some overseas stations might have a copy - it's not uncommon for lost episodes of Dr Who, for example, to turn up from overseas. It's like a Holy Grail to me.
Unfortunately, the JBJ video was lost. Only the audio recording had surfaced.
blackbird

Post by blackbird »

I heard rumours where Radiohead forums. OK Computer Demos & Sessions were leaked in 2020, but Actually Someone who owns Radiohead Tape tried to trade with Beatles recordings but It failed.
I'm not sure it is true or not!
Lon Chaney III

Post by Lon Chaney III »

Yellowsubmarine wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:20 pm
Lon Chaney III wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:07 pm Hope you don't mind a question: Does anyone know if there's any surviving footage of the Beatles on Juke Box Jury from 1963? I watched it back then and this 10 year old flipped out. What I remember most about the show was how funny the guys were. I used to watch JBJ regularly so having all the panel being Beatles was like the parting of the red sea. Years ago I read that the tapes had been wiped but maybe some overseas stations might have a copy - it's not uncommon for lost episodes of Dr Who, for example, to turn up from overseas. It's like a Holy Grail to me.
Unfortunately, the JBJ video was lost. Only the audio recording had surfaced.
I thought that was probably the case, just hoped it wasn't. Thanks for confirming that it is indeed lost.
wildbill

Post by wildbill »

I believe there is an Essen 66 tape that is a soundboard(different to the audience one that circulates). I remember reading about it on the Doug Sulpey site, the person who heard it was writing a book(I can’t remember who and what the book was). I have heard rumors there is a Rome 65 soundboard(no idea if it’s true). Remember a few years ago also a journalist from Madrid was going to release a stereo recording of their 1965 show. If you remember if turned out being a fake. When the journalist(who was pretty prominent in Madrid) was called on it, he said the original tape was stolen. He even produced an original contract between Brian Epstein and himself that granted permission to record the show. One has to wonder if a real tape of the show really did exist at one time?
Gredel21

Post by Gredel21 »

yes - it was almost released in the anthology series its the 27 min version I am refering to - Belmo has a copy and it was on a few early bootlegs before it was pulled
beatlesondvd

Post by beatlesondvd »

Gredel21 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:24 am It was on a few early bootlegs before it was pulled
Yeah, sure! Which bootlegs would that be? You'd think some of us would have heard it by now.
Last edited by beatlesondvd on Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

Gredel21 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:24 am yes - it was almost released in the anthology series its the 27 min version I am refering to - Belmo has a copy and it was on a few early bootlegs before it was pulled
Poppy cock! Pulled? Pulled by who? Tracks on bootlegs don't get 'pulled' then disappear. They just find their way onto newer bootlegs!
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK