Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (1983 Australian Audio 5) - Dr. Robert and PBTHAL Rips - 24/96

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Hummus905

Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (1983 Australian Audio 5) - Dr. Robert and PBTHAL Rips - 24/96

Post by Hummus905 »

The Beatles - Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

Media : LP
Year of issue : 1967 (1983)
Label : Parlophone - AUDIO-5 , Numbered, Reissue, Stereo
Country of origin : Australia
Audio codec : FLAC Rip
Format : 24/96
Duration : 1:19:36

Tracklist :
A1 Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
A2 With A Little Help From My Friends
A3 Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
A4 Getting Better
A5 Fixing A Hole
A6 She's Leaving Home
A7 Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite

B1 Within You, Without You
B2 When I'm Sixty-Four
B3 Lovely Rita
B4 Good Morning, Good Morning
B5 Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
B6 A Day In The Life

Sources of digitization : Dr. Robert & pbthal

Dr. Robert Rip
reproducing apparatus : VPI TNT Mark IV Turntable with VPI 300
head cartridge : Audio-Technica AT33PTG / II Dual Moving Coil
preamplifier : Musical Surroundings Nova Phenomena Battery Powered Phono Preamp
ADC : Lavry AD11 external USB 2.0
Digitizer : iZotope RX6
Official DR value: DR12
Bitrate: 2680 kbps

PBTHAL Rip
playback device : VPI Scoutmaster with dual belt driven + Tonearm With Tomahawk Armwand
the cartridge : Audio-Technica ART-9 + Trans-Fi Terminator T3 Pro
Preamplifier : Parks Audio Budgie Hybrid Tube Phono Preamp with 1964 Amperex 7308 Tubes + Parks Audio Budgie TEN SUT
ADC : RME ADI-2
Official DR value: DR12
Bitrate: 2641 kbps

About this unique LP
This exclusive Audiophile record came into existence following a decision by EMI Australia to try their hand at half-speed mastering for
a reissue series. In January 1981 they took their exisiting 15-ips masters for Please Please Me and Sgt. Pepper's and brought them down to
7.5-ips and cut lacquers for each title. After checking for quality these were rejected. Please Please Me was abandoned in favor of
concentrating on Sgt. Pepper's so a new 30-ips sub-master was supplied by EMI UK and they set to work again.

In April 1982 the first serious cut was created, with Side 2 being successful. Side 1 was more problematic and it wasn't until the third
recut, which took 8 hours to cut just 40 minutes of music, that produced a result with which they were satisfied. This is known as the -3
cut and was used to create the final finished disc.

This LP never went on sale in regular record stores, but was made exclusively available to the public at the Sydney Hi-Fi And Audio Show
on July 3rd 1983. Just 497 numbered copies were released with unique label artwork, mirroring the black and silver one EMI box Parlophone
labels of 1969, and housed inside a single pocket picture cover with AUDIOPHILE designated on the back. Each LP had an individually
numbered sticker fixed to the top right corner of the back cover. This is a very low numbered copy, 114. The release also carries the
unique catalog number AUDIO-5.

This LP would appear to be the Australian equivalent of the rare Nimbus Supercut release, produced in the UK for Practical Hi-Fi magazine
in 1984. Other titles were scheduled to get the same treatment, most notably Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon which is believed to have
reached the acetate stage, but finished discs appear never to have been made. Interestingly, Wish You Were Here was given the Nimbus
Supercut treatment in the UK, instead of the more obvious Dark Side.

This extremely rare and interesting LP has been carefully looked after for the past 35 years, and is in as near MINT condition as you
could possibly hope to find. We're delighted to be able to offer this stunning LP for the first time ...

* Thanks to Bruce Hamlin of The Beatles Record Information Service in NSW Australia for background information on this unique LP.
Dr.Robert

Mastered by Don Bartley at Studios 301

Discogs.com

This exclusive Audiophile record came into existence following a decision by EMI Australia to try their hand at half-speed mastering for a reissue series.

This LP never went on sale in regular record stores, but was made exclusively available to the public at the Sydney Hi-Fi And Audio Show on July 3rd 1983. Just 497 numbered copies were released with unique label artwork, mirroring the black and silver one EMI box Parlophone labels of 1969, and housed inside a single pocket picture cover with AUDIOPHILE designated on the back. Each LP had an individually numbered sticker fixed to the top right corner of the back cover.

Google Drive Link
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
rhino

Re: Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (1983 Australian Audio 5) - Dr. Robert and PBTHAL Rips - 24/96

Post by rhino »

Thanks alot !!
zarboy

Re: Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (1983 Australian Audio 5) - Dr. Robert and PBTHAL Rips - 24/96

Post by zarboy »

Thanks!!!
Hummus905

Post by Hummus905 »

I have been listening to this and it seems like a major improvement over all other versions I have heard. I can really tell the difference when I create stems and listen to the individual components. This will make for a fine remix!
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

WOW - Thank you.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

What an unfunny sense of humor!
Australia Tradeshow EXCLUSIVE???
Isn't Beatles music so good that EVERYONE should have such opportunity?
Oh, and, uh, one more thing...
What of the rest of the catalog?
This 1983 technology could have saved everyone a lot of money. Wasn't the pressing to commemorate AND demonstrate the advances in audiophile technology? If the object is to stimulate consumerism, then why show us this at all if it isn't to be available? I would have much preferred an entire Beatles catalog in the Audio 5 format in 1983, than to suffer the misery of all that has happened since then. Here we are...the Super Deluxe Remix paradigm. So, is Audio 5 just a fluke? Or, is it too good? Either way, to make it available in such a limited manner is insulting. How can consumers ever be confident that they aren't purchasing opportunism? This is treason(betrayal). I only found out about Audio 5 a few years ago. I have never seen one for sale. I think it sounds better than ALL other versions!
It's nice that you posted this.
Thank you.
KC
miggynav

Post by miggynav »

Kwai Chang wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:35 am What an unfunny sense of humor!
Australia Tradeshow EXCLUSIVE???
Isn't Beatles music so good that EVERYONE should have such opportunity?
Oh, and, uh, one more thing...
What of the rest of the catalog?
This 1983 technology could have saved everyone a lot of money. Wasn't the pressing to commemorate AND demonstrate the advances in audiophile technology? If the object is to stimulate consumerism, then why show us this at all if it isn't to be available? I would have much preferred an entire Beatles catalog in the Audio 5 format in 1983, than to suffer the misery of all that has happened since then. Here we are...the Super Deluxe Remix paradigm. So, is Audio 5 just a fluke? Or, is it too good? Either way, to make it available in such a limited manner is insulting. How can consumers ever be confident that they aren't purchasing opportunism? This is treason(betrayal). I only found out about Audio 5 a few years ago. I have never seen one for sale. I think it sounds better than ALL other versions!
It's nice that you posted this.
Thank you.
KC
I was able to get one from a record fare in Sydney 2 years ago for $300 in VG condition but I sold it last year on ebay when things got tough during the pandemic, someone bought it for $1500, now I wish I didn't sell it.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

miggynav wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:38 pm I was able to get one from a record fare in Sydney 2 years ago for $300 in VG condition but I sold it last year on ebay when things got tough during the pandemic, someone bought it for $1500, now I wish I didn't sell it.
Always live within your means...
(even if you have to borrow to do so!)

If $1,500.00 minus $300.00 resembles a clear profit of $1,200.00 then let that thought console you. So, where did you ship the record to?
But, is $1,200.00 enough money to cope with the enlightenment that was included with the 1983 Audio 5 release?
It might be, if you can remember that it costs nothing to be deprived of modern technology. By that, I mean NONE of the Beatles products that I have purchased since 1983, sound as good as the Audio 5 Sgt. Pepper album. It's a miracle that the rest of the world even heard about it. Almost 40 years have passed. 40 years of sub-par incompetent audio manipulation('remastering'), romanticized marketing and a whole bunch of arrogance is all the Audio 5 has ever amounted to...UNLESS, you own one(at ANY price). Meanwhile, Giles worries about remixing everything. I just want the catalog to sound as good as Ultra Rare Trax 1 & 2...but, an Audio 5 Beatles catalog would be a good start. So, maybe there's a reason to NEVER let us have 1983 technology. Was the 1987 CD enough of a reason? I can hardly wait until Giles has a son. Maybe, he will give us the 1983 technology!
I hate to rant, but those are the broad strokes.
The fans deserve better and so do The Beatles.
(Exhale!)
KC
Last edited by Kwai Chang on Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CostaRica2022

Post by CostaRica2022 »

Thanks for the rare opportunity to have a copy.