2017 Sgt. Pepper 50th anniversary radio shows?

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
BroastedChicken

2017 Sgt. Pepper 50th anniversary radio shows?

Post by BroastedChicken »

In case anyone can help, I've been looking for two radio shows that were syndicated in America in 2017 to mark the release of the Sgt. Pepper remix and anniversary packages:

* Sgt. Pepper 50th Anniversary -- Hosted by Dan Neer. Sanctioned by Apple. Includes new Beatles/Giles Martin interviews. Aired May 2017, included selections from the yet-to-be-released remix. 75 minutes. Not sure who syndicated it.

* The Classics: Sgt. Pepper at 50 -- Hosted by Steve Downes. Aired June 2017. Syndicated by United Stations Radio Networks. Two hours.
BroastedChicken

Re: 2017 Sgt. Pepper 50th anniversary radio shows?

* Bump! *
Mrbeatleg

Post by Mrbeatleg »

I don't have that one but I do have this if you're interested ?

Sgt Pepper 50th Anniversary Special from Westwood One

Hosted by Jeff Davis

Produced by Ted Woods

WESTWOOD ONE CELEBRATES THE GOLDEN ANNIVERSARY OF THE BEATLES ICONIC ALBUM SGT. PEPPER’S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND WITH A TWO-HOUR SPECIAL FEATURING GILES MARTIN, SON OF SIR GEORGE MARTIN

By Michael Whittenburg, June 1, 2017

NEW YORK, NY, June 1, 2017 – Happy Pepper Day! Rolling Stone named it the “Best Album of All Time,” and today the Beatles legendary Sgt. Peppers’ Lonely Hearts Club Band turns 50 years old. Westwood One, in partnership with Universal, proudly celebrates today’s golden anniversary of the groundbreaking Beatles album with a two-hour music special airing on stations nationwide. The Beatles: Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band features producer Giles Martin, who mixed the 50th anniversary album, and veteran WLS-FM/Chicago personality Jeff Davis.

Westwood One’s two-hour event includes a full play of the album and insider moments from producer Giles Martin, the son of the original album’s producer, Sir George Martin, who is often referred to as “the fifth Beatle.” The special also features exclusive archive audio from the Fab Four themselves – John, Paul, George, and Ringo.

Released in the U.S. on June 2, 1967, Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band was the Beatles’ 8th studio album and spent 15 weeks at #1 on the U.S. charts. It was a critical and commercial success, winning four GRAMMY Awards in 1968. The landmark LP also won the GRAMMY Award for “Album of the Year,” the first rock album to receive that honor. Sgt. Pepper featured such classic songs as “With a Little Help from My Friends,” “Getting Better,” “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds,” “When I’m Sixty-Four,” and “A Day in the Life.” It is considered by many as one of the most important albums in music history. As Giles Martin himself says, “For something to live on like that is extraordinary.”
BroastedChicken

Yes! That Westwood One show looks interesting and may be better than the ones I was looking for!
Mrbeatleg

Post by Mrbeatleg »

here's the link good for 1 week

hxxps://we.tl/t-tMAIIZ5sxl
harrythebannister

Post by harrythebannister »

Thanks Mr B.
BroastedChicken

Thank you, Mr. Beatleg! Listening now. This is a good documentary, and I didn't even know of its existence!