Any Information on YD's Unsurpassed Masters (vinyl)?

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
General Pepper

Any Information on YD's Unsurpassed Masters (vinyl)?

Post by General Pepper »

I've recently noticed an increased number of Beatles bootlegs on vinyl - often available from suppliers who generally only sell legitimate items.

These seem to be mostly pre-64 recordings - studio, BBC and live albums. Thirty years ago I would have presumed these were "grey area" releases, semi-legal in the markets where they were produced.

I recently purchased Unsurpassed Masters Vol. 1 on vinyl, apparently released in 2019. While branded as Yellow Dog, I suspect these aren't from the original producers.

https://www.discogs.com/release/1400787 ... ers-Vol-1-

Does anyone have any information on this release? Are Vols 2-7 planned but merely delayed due to Covid?

Just wondering as I'd love to have the complete vols on vinyl.

Thanks in advance,

GP
Last edited by General Pepper on Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
WilliamShears
Site Admin

Re: Any Information on YD's Unsurpassed Masters (vinyl)?

Post by WilliamShears »

So funny I saw several of those UM1 vinyl at a record show yesterday and was wondering the same…
walrus gumboot

Post by walrus gumboot »

These were first released as far back as 1990...I know I have the files somewhere. If you want them I can upload them
dascottjr

Post by dascottjr »

I was ecstatic to find a vinyl version of Unsurpassed Masters Vol. 1 earlier this year (and on YELLOW VINYL, no less). As far as I can tell, no one's been selling or offering other volumes on LP. A shame, since I love the cover (and contents) on the second volume so much, a vinyl version would be terrific!

I'd also love to get an Ultra Rare Trax Vol. 1 on vinyl, but those have proven more rare and expensive....
General Pepper

Post by General Pepper »

walrus gumboot wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:20 pm These were first released as far back as 1990...I know I have the files somewhere. If you want them I can upload them
Thanks, but I have the original silvers I bought back in the early 90s. Just wondering if the "new" YD is going to release the rest on vinyl as well.
dascottjr wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:49 pm I was ecstatic to find a vinyl version of Unsurpassed Masters Vol. 1 earlier this year (and on YELLOW VINYL, no less). As far as I can tell, no one's been selling or offering other volumes on LP. A shame, since I love the cover (and contents) on the second volume so much, a vinyl version would be terrific!

I'd also love to get an Ultra Rare Trax Vol. 1 on vinyl, but those have proven more rare and expensive....
I was ecstatic as well. Mine is orange vinyl. And no, the others aren't available yet, which made me wonder if Covid affacted the releases.

I managed to find Ultra Rare Trax 3 and 4 on vinyl a few months ago. Found them in a record shop for about £25 each and couldn't resist. I have seen UR 1 and 2 at reasonable prices, but not the Swingin' Pig releases.

Hoping for a reissue in the same manner.
Last edited by General Pepper on Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Kybiel

Post by Darth Kybiel »

If you google Adelle record store day on google on your cellphone, look for the article that has the record store guy with his hands covering his face and look closely at the records on his wall......
Did you see it? A fresh new vinyl copy of the Beatles Nothing Is Real bootleg LP orangeish with the drawings of two naked ladies on it.....on the left side of the photo! I would not have noticed it if it wasn't for the fact that I have the original. Made me wonder how many other items behind this guy are bootleg or counterfeit. LOL
stereoman33

Post by stereoman33 »

I bought volume 1 of the original 1990 vinyl unsurpassed master when it first came out...it was good but I found volume 2 onwards to be noticeably worse sounding than the cd's, so I got rid of them and kept the cd series..there were subtle track changes between the vinyl and cd (I think) on vol 3 and 4 , but not enough to keep the vinyl...especially since I had a cd recorder in 1994