Dig a Pony Rehearsal in the Rooftop ?!?!

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
ruedabeat

Dig a Pony Rehearsal in the Rooftop ?!?!

Post by ruedabeat »

:geek: Hey, I was listening to the Rooftoop Concert(no image, this time) one more time(I lost the count), so after the end of One after 909 John asks for the lyrics of Dig a Pony("I´d like to get the words. Kevin? Come here".) What I hear next is a Rehearsal for Dig a Pony ??? or just the song with no voice in order to keep it in the Bootom while we can see and hear the speech betwen the Police and Mal Evans :?: . This happens about 01:47:00-01:49:00 in the Documentary. :? Time to apply DESS. :shock:
Last edited by ruedabeat on Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
powerPC

Re: Dig a Pony Rehearsal in the Rooftop ?!?!

Post by powerPC »

I noticed this rehearsal too... hadn't heard it before. Would LOVE to hear it without all the talking over it.

And the 'snippet' of GSTQ sounds way better than previously available on the version in the Yellow Dog set
—Keith
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

powerPC wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:28 pm And the 'snippet' of GSTQ sounds way better than previously available on the version in the Yellow Dog set
Yeah it does doesn't it. I think the version on the Yellow Dog set was captured from street level, hence it's quality.
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
ruedabeat

Post by ruedabeat »

8-) Not to say that the Rooftop Concert starts at the very beggining with a long snippet of a Rehearsal for Get Back. We want the complete rehearsal!!!!!!! :lol: :D
CultTVman

Post by CultTVman »

I suspect God Save The Queen came from the 8 tracks

S
powerPC

Post by powerPC »

CultTVman wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:07 pm I suspect God Save The Queen came from the 8 tracks

S
I was thinking the same thing... there's still treasure in the vaults to be released someday. 8-)
—Keith
ruedabeat

Post by ruedabeat »

All the concert in the Documentary came from the 8 tracks tapes. :o
Rickenbacker325

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

ruedabeat wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:06 pm 8-) Not to say that the Rooftop Concert starts at the very beggining with a long snippet of a Rehearsal for Get Back. We want the complete rehearsal!!!!!!! :lol: :D
The rehearsal audio sounds like it’s a phony mashup of the 2nd complete take from the roof…listen to it carefully…
Rickenbacker325

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

MarkRJones1970 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:37 pm
powerPC wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:28 pm And the 'snippet' of GSTQ sounds way better than previously available on the version in the Yellow Dog set
Yeah it does doesn't it. I think the version on the Yellow Dog set was captured from street level, hence it's quality.
Yellow Dog version had the Nagra audio from the roof itself and from street level as well as a “wild” feed
ruedabeat

Post by ruedabeat »

Rickenbacker325 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:23 pm
ruedabeat wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:06 pm 8-) Not to say that the Rooftop Concert starts at the very beggining with a long snippet of a Rehearsal for Get Back. We want the complete rehearsal!!!!!!! :lol: :D
The rehearsal audio sounds like it’s a phony mashup of the 2nd complete take from the roof…listen to it carefully…
But in fact there was a rehearsal for Get Back. All those discs from the rooftop included just a brief moment of the rehearsal.