Allan Williams

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Rondordrecht193

Allan Williams

Post by Rondordrecht193 »

I have just watched part two and we see a tiny bit of Allan Williams but there's no mentioning of him on screen and no talking of him to John is heard.
Did they know Allan and did they closely listen to the Nagra's ???
MarkRJones1970

Re: Allan Williams

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

Yes The Beatles knew Allan Williams
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Yes he was still hanging onto their coat tails even in 1969. In 1970 he tried to get them to play at a Merseybeat re-union show in Liverpool, but predictably they said no (although Tommy Moore turned up, looking utterly pathetic and even more morose than poor Pete. I have to admit I feel very sorry for him in that interview).
beatlesondvd

Post by beatlesondvd »

Rondordrecht193 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:00 pm I have just watched part two and we see a tiny bit of Allan Williams but there's no mentioning of him on screen and no talking of him to John is heard.
Did they know Allan and did they closely listen to the Nagra's ???
Yes, Peter Jackson was well aware of AW's presence but he had to cut this sequence short due to time constraints, as he explained in the Things We Said Today interview.
FileUnderT

Post by FileUnderT »

Lord Reith wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:17 am Yes he was still hanging onto their coat tails even in 1969. In 1970 he tried to get them to play at a Merseybeat re-union show in Liverpool, but predictably they said no (although Tommy Moore turned up, looking utterly pathetic and even more morose than poor Pete. I have to admit I feel very sorry for him in that interview).
Alan and Bob wooler were still hanging around in the 1980s at the Liverpool conventions.
AllTogetherNow

Post by AllTogetherNow »

Allan Williams

The Man How Gave The Beatles away.......

b u t

He NEVER gave up on them.

Seasonal Greetings

ATN
Whats in that jar on your shelf? Tar?
No...its liquid Vinyl for making my dream collection.

The one with the Golden lid too?
Thats exclusive for Lord Reiths stuff
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I feel sorry for Alan. We can never know what his motivations were for taking The Beatles under his wing, whether it was because he liked Stu, or just enjoyed their company, or had some paternal instinct that made him want to help them. But without him there'd have been no Beatles. They'd have just gone around in circles like they had done for years. For him to give up on them, only for them to go on to become the biggest thing in the history of music must have felt like losing a ten million pound lottery ticket. He never gave up hope of reversing his misfortune, but sadly never got anywhere. In my book though, he deserves a gong for rescuing the Star Club tapes from oblivion. Though he made no money out of it, those tapes are culturally priceless.
Rondordrecht193

Post by Rondordrecht193 »

you are absolutely right Lord Reith ...
Phil_Lip

Post by Phil_Lip »

I bumped into him at a bar in Liverpool during convention week in the early 90s. We had a short conversation, which I remember little of, but it was clear his enthusiasm for the Beatles was undiminished.
Most of my links are to OneDrive. However, OneDrive does impose a download limit and when this is reached displays a message that the files are deleted or have expired. Leave it a while and try again later.
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

He was very nice to me when I met him at Liverpool convention. I remember him telling me proudly that his Beatles book was one of the few to come out when John was still alive and that John read it.
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK