LET'S UNIFY CRITERIA ON "GET BACK SESSIONS"

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Darth Kybiel

Re: LET'S UNIFY CRITERIA ON "GET BACK SESSIONS"

Post by Darth Kybiel »

New Blue Soap fixes errors in Purple Chick's set and has material missing from it. .
beatlesondvd

Post by beatlesondvd »

Darth Kybiel wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:44 am New Blue Soap fixes errors in Purple Chick's set and has material missing from it. .
Exactly. I'd go for the latest edition of Doug's book (2007).
enriquelu

Post by enriquelu »

ruedabeat wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:18 pm 8-) I was checking https://getbacksessions.blogspot.com/p/ ... ences.html and found that Disk 4(Glyn Johns Mix) has an error on track 07 For you blue compared to Blue Soap numbering. The web page indicates 25.46, but Blue Soap numbering indicates 25.46 and Blue Soap.47. Or is it a mistake by New Blue Soap numbering ? :?:
I made this web with the 2001 criteria
enriquelu

Post by enriquelu »

Ok. If the majority think New Blue Soap is preferable to Sulpy 2001, we will follow that criteria.

Just point out that New Blue Soap is not exactly the same as Sulpy 2007. It is true that some errors have been corrected.

I understand that we can use the NEW BLUE SOAP nomenclature, but some problems need to be fixed.

Let us ignore the differences that exist in the tunings, dialogues, silences, etc ..., because they are not very relevant for the numbering.

Problems to solve:

Day 6 - 2.60 should be 6.60
Day 21 - Foul 21.54
I understand that on day 21 - 074 - 21.65P it must be DDSI.21.54 P
I understand that on day 21 - 075 - 21.51P it must be DDSI.21.49 P
I understand that on day 21 - 078 - 21.51P it must be DDSI.21.49 P
Day 22 - DDSI.22.58 and DDSI.22.59 are missing
Day 25 - We should study where the 25.38P leaves

I don't have studied New Blue Soap STUDIO because I understand it's no relevant for numbering.

Here there is a cross reference to Help us
NBS 1.png
NBS 1.png (1.19 MiB) Viewed 1701 times
NBS 2.png
NBS 2.png (1.32 MiB) Viewed 1701 times
NBS 3.png
NBS 3.png (652.59 KiB) Viewed 1701 times
NBS 4.png
NBS 4.png (1.16 MiB) Viewed 1701 times
NBS 5.png
NBS 5.png (1.17 MiB) Viewed 1701 times
Last edited by enriquelu on Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
enriquelu

Post by enriquelu »

Continuation
NBS 6.png
NBS 6.png (989.37 KiB) Viewed 1701 times
NBS 7.png
NBS 7.png (526.69 KiB) Viewed 1701 times
enriquelu

Post by enriquelu »

Axkorecords wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:56 pm When we did A Is For Apple Vol. 2 a couple of years we also relied on Doug's DDSI numbering system. But I think we were the first authors to realize that some recordings attributed to 15 January are in fact from 16 January. So any numbering for 16 January using the DDSI system is technically wrong. With the plethora of new mixes and 8 track recordings available to us, I think it would be wise to create a new numbering system which not only mentions the day, the song number but also the source (Nagra, multitrack, 2021 deluxe, PJ Get Back).
I agree with you.
We must study records numbered day 15 and really was day 16.
Doug

Post by Doug »

Yes, "Oh Darling" should be moved to the correct day. Ironically, we HAD it on a different day in the original DDSI, and I moved it back, figuring it was unlikely Paul would show up by himself, record 10 minutes of "Oh Darling" and then go home. Unlikely or not, though, that's exactly what happened. Luckily, this comes at the end of a session, so renumbering it doesn't affect anything else.

Enriquelu, keep in mind that performances in DDSI are missing from NBS because he was only including the Nagra material. Those are in the "Studio" set he put out.

Has anyone noticed any new audio in the PJ documentary? I guess if there's anything in there it will have to be designated by an "a" or "b" after the DDSI number.
enriquelu

Post by enriquelu »

Doug wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:32 pm Yes, "Oh Darling" should be moved to the correct day. Ironically, we HAD it on a different day in the original DDSI, and I moved it back, figuring it was unlikely Paul would show up by himself, record 10 minutes of "Oh Darling" and then go home. Unlikely or not, though, that's exactly what happened. Luckily, this comes at the end of a session, so renumbering it doesn't affect anything else.

Enriquelu, keep in mind that performances in DDSI are missing from NBS because he was only including the Nagra material. Those are in the "Studio" set he put out.

Has anyone noticed any new audio in the PJ documentary? I guess if there's anything in there it will have to be designated by an "a" or "b" after the DDSI number.
we are analyzing PJ's documentaries, but that is going to take a long time. So far I have only analyzed part of day 2 and it has a very complex edit. It is not in chronological order and is made up of many small pieces. But we move on
enriquelu

Post by enriquelu »

Doug wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:32 pm Yes, "Oh Darling" should be moved to the correct day. Ironically, we HAD it on a different day in the original DDSI, and I moved it back, figuring it was unlikely Paul would show up by himself, record 10 minutes of "Oh Darling" and then go home. Unlikely or not, though, that's exactly what happened. Luckily, this comes at the end of a session, so renumbering it doesn't affect anything else.

The first scene of the man sweeping I don't know where it comes from. It's not included in a Nagra Roll.
kolive

Post by kolive »

my 2c:

I'd say definitely stick with DDSI 2007.
It makes no sense to go back to 2001 just for PC.
As far as I can tell NBS also stuck with 2007.

Doug put in a cross chart (I believe it was the 2004 book) that I found (and still find)
useful even though I guess there were still some changes to the 2007 edition.
Enriquelu, your chart is great and will also be very useful ( though I have to magnify it
to see anything :) )

I've been watching the series with Doug's book in hand.
While I've (and I'm - since I haven't finished yet) enyoyed it,
I am frustrated by two things.
1) So many of the performance are incomplete.
Wouldn't have been better to use few and have a full performance.
This I believe gives a false impression that they really were disorganized and
could only play a song for 30 sec before goofing around.
While some of the occurred, when you listen to the full set (either PC or NBS), this is not
the case, usually they played through a song (even if it was terrible).
2) Why was there the need to go out of order.
In any given day, the film jumps around. I assume PC/NBS/DDSI is the correct sequence.
But I see no reason for the film to 22.60 then 22.35 (I'm just making the numbers up to make the point).
Actually to me, this is worse than all the edits. Even the conversations are in correct time order.
This is my biggest criticism and I think a real flaw in the work.
For most people, no one would ever know and it they sit back and enjoy.
For many of us here, its frustrating because we "know too much".

Some of the problems with NBS are trivial 2.60 is a typo certainly,
and 22.58/59 are in the studio folder (I copied them into the 22 folder as well).
Speaking of those two. I think it was near criminal that that sequence was not kept in
tact for the film. I was an integral part of the original GB album - though its clear why
it was dropped for LIB.

I'm not sure what happened with 21.54.
I think 21.54 and 21.54P on PC are the same. NBS only includes 21.54P
But maybe that's all there was and PC just duplicated the tracks.

I found this note from innerwreckon the playbacks:
Correct on everything, Darth Parrox. I synced everything up and even made some unusual mixes in the process combining original performances with playbacks. I have corrected the file names and the word documents. If you wish to make the changes yourselves, rename the following:

074 I've Got A Feeling - 21.65P
075 Dig A Pony - 21.51P
078 Dig A Pony - 21.51P
That's hardly enough to bother with a patch but I will update the original file again for newer or later downloaders.