LET'S UNIFY CRITERIA ON "GET BACK SESSIONS"

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
enriquelu

LET'S UNIFY CRITERIA ON "GET BACK SESSIONS"

Post by enriquelu »

The “Let it Be” fiftieth anniversary has revitalized everything around “Get Back Sessions”.

Beatles fans can now enjoy new releases on differents format, but we must also analyze them and share the information.

In order to understand each other, we must speak the same language.

There are two basic sources to encode the “Get Back Sessions”.

One is the Doug Sulpy books and the other is the Purple Chick A / B Road Record Collection - Complete Get Back Sessions [83 CD SET].

In this link you can see all the existing information sources of the "Get Back Sessions".
https://getbacksessions.blogspot.com/p/sources.html

The problem is Doug Sulpy was assigning numberings to the different performances as the Nagra rolls appeared. Doug edited SEVEN books with different numbering. This resulted in the same performance having different number depending on the book used.
Here you have an example
cros 12.png
cros 12.png (263.69 KiB) Viewed 3600 times
As you can see, it's a complete mess and it has caused a lot of confusion.

In this Link you have the complete Doug Sulpy cross references.
https://getbacksessions.blogspot.com/p/ ... ences.html

In 2004, "A / B Road Complete Get Back Sessions" bootleg was released. From one of the copies of the original rolls, Purple Chick divided the music of the rolls into "perfomances" according to the logical nDDSI numbering of "The 910's Guide to The Beatles Outtakes - Part 2 - The Complete Get Back Sessions" Doug Sulpy book (2001).

Today, “A / B Road Complete Get Back Sessions” continues being the musical reference as long as no more NAGRA rolls appear.
Remenber, the edition of Purple Chick was made according to “The 910's Guide… .by Doug Sulpy (2001).

If we all want to speak the same language, it is necessary to unify criteria regarding the numbering of the different performances.

I PROPOSE WE ONLY USE THE REFERENCE DOUG SULPY 2001, WHICH MATCHES THE PURPLE CHICK RECORDS.

Following this criterion, we have analyzed Let It Be [2021] [Super Deluxe Edition] [5CD + BD] both for ROW and for SHM.
In this link you have the result of that study
https://getbacksessions.blogspot.com/p/lib50th.html

We are now looking at the Peter Jackson series and will also use the same criteria.

I know this clarification is not necessary for experts, but we are not all experts.

I hope this post helps us understand each other better.

Enriquelu
danrevella

Re: LET'S UNIFY CRITERIA ON "GET BACK SESSIONS"

Post by danrevella »

I really needed your classification..... Many thanks!!!
inglis

Post by inglis »

thanks for your work on this
kontroller

Post by kontroller »

Doug pops by here frequently, so it would be good (and respectful) to hear his thoughts
peerke

Post by peerke »

Great job. The quality we've come to expect from you.
Thanks.
enriquelu

Post by enriquelu »

kontroller wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:23 pm Doug pops by here frequently, so it would be good (and respectful) to hear his thoughts
Of course.

I respect a lot to Doug Sulpy.

I'd like to Know his opinion about that.

I've speak some times with him by mail.

I think his work is completely necessary.

But I understand we must establish a criteria if we want understand us. That's all.
Doug

Post by Doug »

Hi, guys

DDSI first came out in 1994 (reprinted in 1997 as "Get Back"), and we were working mostly from bootleg and whatever tapes we could find. Obviously, those numbers are long outdated.

The "Complete Get Back Sessions" book was in 2001, and was the first time the full set of Nagras was analyzed. The DDSI numbers there are wholly new, but there's a cross-reference to the numbers from the earlier book.

The listings in the "910's Guide" books should correlate to one of those two books, depending on when any particular edition came out.

The final edition of "DDSI" was in 2007. That's the source you should be using, as it corrected some earlier errors. It's also almost completely in-sync with the numbers used for "New Blue Soap."
enriquelu

Post by enriquelu »

Doug wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:05 pm Hi, guys

DDSI first came out in 1994 (reprinted in 1997 as "Get Back"), and we were working mostly from bootleg and whatever tapes we could find. Obviously, those numbers are long outdated.

The "Complete Get Back Sessions" book was in 2001, and was the first time the full set of Nagras was analyzed. The DDSI numbers there are wholly new, but there's a cross-reference to the numbers from the earlier book.

The listings in the "910's Guide" books should correlate to one of those two books, depending on when any particular edition came out.

The final edition of "DDSI" was in 2007. That's the source you should be using, as it corrected some earlier errors. It's also almost completely in-sync with the numbers used for "New Blue Soap."
Doug, I agree with you. The 2007 version is the most complete, but it does not coincide with "A / B Road Complete Get Back Sessions" which is the most used musical reference. You Know Nagra rolls are difficult for non-experts to handle.

For this reason, I believe your 2001 references are the ones we should use.
Patrick Healy

Post by Patrick Healy »

But New Blue Soap is more complete than A/B Road and uses the 2007 DDSI, which others on this forum also use so I believe that we should all use the 2007 DDSI and NBS rather than 2001 and A/B Road.
Jay

Post by Jay »

Patrick Healy wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:26 pm But New Blue Soap is more complete than A/B Road and uses the 2007 DDSI, which others on this forum also use so I believe that we should all use the 2007 DDSI and NBS rather than 2001 and A/B Road.
I agree.