KICKS, KUDOS AND CASH (New! 2022 Update)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Sheldi

Re: KICKS, KUDOS AND CASH (New! 2022 Update)

Post by Sheldi »

Thank you for the updated update :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
MCPing16

Post by MCPing16 »

As ever your Lordship. THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH. You've just made a SH.T day much better. :-)
jackb

Post by jackb »

Would someone explain what produces those clicks? Inquiring minds want to know.

Jack
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

jackb wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:52 am Would someone explain what produces those clicks? Inquiring minds want to know.

Jack
Electrical interference from switches, motors and appliances in general. Also electrical storms. When I was younger and used to tape Beatles specials off the AM radio, I would ban everybody in the house from using any sort of appliance while it was on. Worst of all was the wahsing machine, because it produced a series of huge clicks every time it changed cycle. So now when i listen to these old BBC tapes I'm always thinking, "Oh, there's dad driving the car out of the garage", "there's mum using her hairdryer" etc.

The one that takes the cake is that recording of the live saturday Club in March 1963. Buzz and Click City. In the end, I had two different recordings of the show synchronised, and every time there's a buzz I inserted the same bit from the poorer but cleaner recording. Took me weeks.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

Back in the 80s when I was recorded Beatles stuff from the TV onto VHS I had to make sure the heating was off. When it clicked on I would get 5 seconds of white static in the middle of the screen messing up the sound AND the picture!
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

MarkRJones1970 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:14 am Back in the 80s when I was recorded Beatles stuff from the TV onto VHS I had to make sure the heating was off. When it clicked on I would get 5 seconds of white static in the middle of the screen messing up the sound AND the picture!
Oh man, every time the wind blew hard at my place the picture would go bad. I hated it.
hallucalation

Post by hallucalation »

Lord, will you upgrade volume one of BBC sessions or should i replace first gen tapes of Pete Best himself?
harrythebannister

Post by harrythebannister »

MarkRJones1970 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:14 am Back in the 80s when I was recorded Beatles stuff from the TV onto VHS I had to make sure the heating was off. When it clicked on I would get 5 seconds of white static in the middle of the screen messing up the sound AND the picture!
Me too. I have a recording of Ognir Rrats from Ch 4 about 84 ish I think and every time the central heating came on there were vertical lines down the screen. I still have that tape lol.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:41 am Not sure where the notch came from, it wasn't my doing anyway. I think the whole thing was recorded through the vocal mics, including the drums and guitars. It also picks up their boots stomping the beat on the wooden stage. So a pretty makeshift recording, and maybe The Beatles didn't even know it was being recorded.

[Static???] Always been there, just more noticeable now. As are the clicks. There was also a heterodyne whistle but I took that out. I'll take out some of the clicks at a later point.

I also just want to say thankyou to my good friend Count Balder of Felpin Mansions. Better known as the inventor of the dish rack, he is also a noted philanthropist and exponent of the lagerphone. He chairs the Beatles Good Works Foundation, which every year provides free Beatles albums to hundreds of disadvantaged children who - through no fault of their own - are born to parents who are Justin Bieber fans. Thankyou Count, for your valuable contribution to this project. APPLAUSE!!!
Notches!
Static!
Hey, Lordy...while you're in the joint, me and the boys will de-click and de-static your BBC tapes and your old lady, for ya!
"You touch those BBC tapes, you're fishbait!"

Wasn't it Count Balder who used spectroscopy to correctly date the Shroud Of Reith???

And, wasn't it Lord Reith who said "Always live within your means...even if you have to borrow to do so!"

Thank you, Lord Reith. Your humor is completely Beatles! Eventually, I'll get to the music...
KC
DonHo

Post by DonHo »

Thanks Lord for the great material, I've just missed it! Could anyone re-up this one? Thank you!