KICKS, KUDOS AND CASH (New! 2022 Update)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
dmh84

Re: KICKS, KUDOS AND CASH (New! 2022 Update)

Post by dmh84 »

Oh, Man--I'd love to hear this--may I request a re-re-up, please?
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

soupsandwitch wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:52 am Does anybody have any insight into the way the tracks from the 1960 tapes might be properly grouped. It seems like (based on this compilation) track 17-20 are from what's usually considered to be the earlier march/april? session. Then 5-16 & 21-25 seem to me to be at least 2 distinct recordings. I don't know where the other instrumentals go though, so many other bootlegs have them all mixed up.
The five instrumentals on disc 2 I just put together because they are almost impossible to listen to! I looked at many differing tracklistings including the "Hans Walther Braun" boot and even that differs (and is obviously a collection of sources rather than one tape source). I think tracks 5-20 on disc 1 are probably all from the same day and possibly even in the correct order. Those all just seem to be John, Paul and Stu (who seems to play his guitar case instead of the bass a couple of times).But without the master tape we can't know for sure. Tracks 21-25 are certainly from an entirely different occasion to any of the other recordings because you can hear George's incredibly loud Futurama all of a sudden as well as a much smaller room ambience.
Belated thanks for this collection by the way, sounds incredible! :)
Thanks. You've reminded me I have something still to do.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
noirbar

Post by noirbar »

Hey LR,

Time and again, on your own dime, you always have something "to do" for us. it is appreciated.

Noirbar
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

Lord Reith wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:35 am
The five instrumentals on disc 2 I just put together because they are almost impossible to listen to!
Not for me! :D This is one of my fav bootlegs, ever. I've listened to it all hundreds of times. When it 1st surfaced in 1988 I had no idea it even existed, even though it was mentioned in 'Shout!', which I'd had since 1984. I must have missed that page. I can whistle along to all the instrumentals, including the bum notes :roll:
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

noirbar wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:46 am Hey LR,

Time and again, on your own dime, you always have something "to do" for us. it is appreciated.

Noirbar
Oh thanks! I know I'm slow sometimes, but by pacing myself I don't get burnout.
MarkRJones1970 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:19 am I can whistle along to all the instrumentals, including the bum notes :roll:
You are a sick, sick man, you know that don't you! :lol: :lol: :lol:
dmh84

Post by dmh84 »

Could anyone please re-up this for a hapless fan?
Many thanks!
Andrewshcka

Post by Andrewshcka »

dmh84 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:27 pm Could anyone please re-up this for a hapless fan?
Many thanks!
Posted the link earlier.
hxxps://mega.nz/folder/3LBSjIbL#ult7Um2pFc86EXAripPyjw
dmh84

Post by dmh84 »

Oh, thanks very much--didn't see the earlier post.
I really appreciate this one!
dmh84

Post by dmh84 »

Through Disc 1 now, and I have to say it's just incredible to hear this stuff!! I'm still in that state of shock that these things exist.
And, my impression is that Paul is certainly the one on a mission. It occurs to me that without his drive and dedication and love of doing it, the band might not have gone anywhere. Or is that a commonly held idea?
In any case--thanks so much again!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

dmh84 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:34 pm Through Disc 1 now, and I have to say it's just incredible to hear this stuff!! I'm still in that state of shock that these things exist.
And, my impression is that Paul is certainly the one on a mission. It occurs to me that without his drive and dedication and love of doing it, the band might not have gone anywhere. Or is that a commonly held idea?
In any case--thanks so much again!
Glad you're enjoying it. Particularly on the 1960 recordings, Paul seems to fulfill the same role as in Get Back/Let It Be. Even though he was on drugs in 1969, I think John's default stance was to let Paul steer the ship but occasionally throw in ideas. The most enlightening behind the scenes moment for me is when John tries to "keep Ringo on the beat" during the Thankyou Girl session by changing the way the three of them play along. He starts giving out instructions until George Martin cuts him short with "I don't think that really helps much John" and John instantly stands down with "Oh okay just leave it how it was then". I don't think John had the confidence that Paul did. Likewise, when Paul is directing how the opening to I Wanna Hold Your Hand should be played, he is extremely specific in his ideas and shuts down one of John's suggestions with a sharp "NO!" Luckily John realised that Paul was incredibly gifted and bubbling over with ideas, and didn't let his ego get in the way of a better end result.