KICKS, KUDOS AND CASH (New! 2022 Update)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Lord Reith

Re: KICKS, KUDOS AND CASH (New! 2022 Update)

Post by Lord Reith »

MrMurphMcgee wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:54 pm I just re-listened to this set. The upgraded EMI house recordings are a gem. Years ago I made myself a playlist of everything I had from 1963. It’s outdated now, but it might be fun to try to put together something again. Maybe this time with packaging and broken up over discs, though I have to wonder why in this day and age I’d limit myself to the CD as the divider between sets. Digital doesn’t require it, but it does make for more manageable tracks list notes.

I have my own weird need to make rules around what I include. For example, when representing the PPM session, I’m likely to include the final mono mixes for the tracks we don’t have outtakes for. I’m also likely then to represent the release of PPM by using a good stereo mix like the LR ABRAKADABRA mix. And yes, I would also include EP and single releases using the mono mixes. Then there is allot the interviews on the only Lazy Tortoise set to include. I’m just nuts about 1963 Beatles. It’s the reason I’m excited for the next Lewisohn volume, just for 1963.
Yeah, I love 63 too. My favourite year by far.
MrMurphMcgee

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

I've been collecting PDFs of Music Magazines from 1963. It’s amazing to read their rise across that year. It was a big deal in the press that they were also writing hits for others. There were all these trajectories that made that year amazing to review. The music, the radio appearances, the L&M songwriting mania, hits for others, release all year long, Beatlemania. Each step up the ladder was another milestone. The fact that there aren’t more books written about them in 1963 is a missed opportunity. I expect some good magazine articles next year.

2023 would be a great year to release Pop Go the Beatles in some official manner too. Give us the Margaret Ashworth tapes.
batdude98

Post by batdude98 »

Hopefully this book will become essential reading until and alongside ATY Volume 2 to track the Beatles' breakout year:

51dBbwG4NpL._SX338_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
51dBbwG4NpL._SX338_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (31.06 KiB) Viewed 1433 times
THE_UTOPIAN

Post by THE_UTOPIAN »

Any chance for a re-up please? Thanks!
batdude98

Post by batdude98 »

THE_UTOPIAN wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:37 am Any chance for a re-up please? Thanks!
Here you go, valid for one week:

hxxps://we.tl/t-Fq59C4v0PF
THE_UTOPIAN

Post by THE_UTOPIAN »

Thank you very much!
anthos314

Post by anthos314 »

Hi everyone,

I humbly thank the Lord for his magnificent work. I was a big fan of his on the bootlegzone forum, and then the forum crashed. Then I found this forum, and was so happy to find the Lord's BBC archive update and Magnetophon band and Abracadabra and so on. So much amazing work that we get to enjoy.

And then the other day my external hard drive crashed down on my living room floor and everything was gone.
I managed to download most of my favourite bootlegs again, but cannot find the 2022 update of Kick, Kudos and Cash. Would any of you Beatle people be kind enough to upload it yet again?

And btw I see the 2021 BBC archive topic is closed, so no way to download this again I guess before the upgrade (next year?).

Well, I'm running over my time, and people are telling me to stop (Stop! Stop! Stop! Stop shouting, those animals!) so Goodbye!!! and thank you!!!
Andrewshcka

Post by Andrewshcka »

anthos314 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:53 pm Hi everyone,

I humbly thank the Lord for his magnificent work. I was a big fan of his on the bootlegzone forum, and then the forum crashed. Then I found this forum, and was so happy to find the Lord's BBC archive update and Magnetophon band and Abracadabra and so on. So much amazing work that we get to enjoy.

And then the other day my external hard drive crashed down on my living room floor and everything was gone.
I managed to download most of my favourite bootlegs again, but cannot find the 2022 update of Kick, Kudos and Cash. Would any of you Beatle people be kind enough to upload it yet again?

And btw I see the 2021 BBC archive topic is closed, so no way to download this again I guess before the upgrade (next year?).

Well, I'm running over my time, and people are telling me to stop (Stop! Stop! Stop! Stop shouting, those animals!) so Goodbye!!! and thank you!!!
hxxps://mega.nz/folder/3LBSjIbL#ult7Um2pFc86EXAripPyjw
anthos314

Post by anthos314 »

Andrewshcka wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:26 pm
Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!
Andrewshcka

Post by Andrewshcka »

anthos314 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:53 pm
Andrewshcka wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:26 pm
Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!
No problem! Actually, this is the last update, I just forgot to change the date in the folder name.